• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes BURRIS TACTICAL SCOPES

para1505

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2010
Columbia MO area
I have looked through some Burris scopes. They seem to have descent glass but what about the tracking and performance alround.Also the warrenty and customer service ?

Re: BURRIS TACTICAL SCOPES

I have very extensive understanding of the Burris warrenty and can sum it up in two words...... Google it. It's pretty new so I understand you may not have much experience with it yet. Its fucking great!

Just bustin your balls though, couldn't resist.

Lots of our customers have gone the way of the Burris Tactical product line and with great results. I can tell you that as a company these guys take the tactical market very seriously, so if you have should ever have a problem they will make it right. If your attracted to the features and price range go for it. Let me or Jay know if we can be of assistance. BTW, these scopes can sometimes be a little tough to get so don't wait to you have a pressing timeline.

Hopefully one day Burris will offer features in there scopes that are attractive to today's shooters. Everyone knows shooters want matched reticles and knobs, but Burris hasn't got the memo. First focal plane scopes would be nice too.

Long gone are the days where a second focal plane, mildot reticle, and .25 moa turrets are attractive scopes to buy.

A good friend of mine has 8 or 10 XTR's between him and his kids and they swear by them. They talk these scopes up I ended up getting a 3-12 XTR last week and so far I love it, have only had a chance to dope it in out to 400yds but so far it tracks great.
I called Burris customer service the day I picked up the scope to ask a few questions and they were very helpfull.
Robert

thanks for the info. I am loking at the XTR 3-12 in mildot. I aiso like the OD green color. Some friends of mine have BURRIS hunting scopes and they seem to have some good clear glaas in them.

I've always been a fan of Burris scopes, as they were one of the few companies to offer handgun and true Scout scopes for many years. The warranty is excellent and their products are generally very good. I find it a bit confusing that they have products made in different countries and coming from so many sources. I believe that they offer models from the Philippines, China, Japan and the United States - and the pricing pretty much reflects the origin and quality. Not all the Burris scopes may not be as sexy as some, but they are good, sound tools that will last you a lifetime.

George P.

I have them, run them, and have had problems with them. Pull them off send them in and they either fix the problem or replace the scope. I have the luxury of being able to hand deliver any of them for repairs and talk to the guy fixing it face to face so that gives me piece of mind. Quick turn around time too.

Cold bore shot at 800 yds with a 6mm w/ 3-12 XTR. I hadn't taken that rifle that far and didn't have dope on the rifle. Punched the numbers into my phone and dialed up. 1st round elevation was good, but I didnt hold wind. Missed 3" right. 2nd round HIT. Guess it tracked because the next time out I hit a Pdog at 106 yds!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: para1505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am loking at the XTR 3-12 in mildot</div></div>

Those retail for 900 bucks
frown.gif

Vortex PST, Weaver FFP tactical, Bushnell FFP, Super Sniper 10X HD, get something like that instead.

Hummmm... I have seen a lot of issues with them.

Turrets canted
Turrets on backwards
Reticle canted

I do like their scopes for the price.

Mike @ CST

to BCP that sounds like sum sound advice. You probaly can't go wrong with any of those brands either.

I have a XTR-624 and love it. Very clear and tracks perfect. I made my shots at 1000 yards with it. Is it as nice as a Nightforce? Nope. But for the price I paid, I'm very happy with it.