• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Veracity PH

Sooter76

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2012
Lincoln, NE
Looking to put together a dedicated hunting rig and looking hard at this scope… Unfortunately there isn’t much in the way of reviews on it that I can find. Has anyone had hands on experience with it? What are your thoughts on its viability and reliability?

Reactions: QT101 and Alcanino
I have two buddies who have one. They really like it.

I wanted one hella bad. But can only use them on varmints in Idaho due to technology restrictions. Not big game 😞

Does this have an integrated LRF or does the range come from a different device that’s connected through the app?

Does this have an integrated LRF or does the range come from a different device that’s connected through the app?
The distance is shown in the heads up display
1702398622124.png

Just bought the Veracity PH...love it, super clear and cool functions! Paired it with the Burris Signature LRF Binoculars...they are unbelievably clear for a bio/LRF combo. No haze like other combos..

Right, I’m just wondering where that distance comes from
I checked with my Burris tech rep to get the most accurate answer. He replied:
"For VPH, the range displayed in the HUD is a simple output of the ballistic information uploaded by the user via Bluetooth into the scope- it’s essentially a virtual DOPE card specific to their cartridge. In the field, the target distance is supplied by the user, typically by means of a laser rangefinder in either handheld or binocular form- but can also be estimated through use of known-distance landmarks or the measurement marks in the scope’s reticle. Common practice will be for the user or their partner to range the target with an LRF, then dial the elevation turret until the number in the HUD matches, and fire."

Yeah, basically you upload your ballistic information from Burris' ballistic app to your Veracity. Then you use your rangefinder to get your range as normal. When you go to adjust your elevation turret, the adjustments are supposed to be sensitive to 1/10 MOA (not 1/4). With each click, the Veracity will display the yardage that your input drop matches to (eg. with 25 clicks up it will read "Y 256" in the little HUD - instead of 2.5 MOA).

So the Veractiy tells you drop in distance to what you adjusted your elevation dial to...instead of using a rangefinder that uses a ballistic app that gives you a come up. Is it worth it to you? Maybe. Place me solidly in the camp that thinks this is a reinvention of the wheel that is not necessarily needed, but some might want.

I'm looking at this scope because it solves an issue I had in the field. When light is fading, it's hard to see the numbers on my turret when I have the rifle shouldered. If I am having to dial 4-5 MOA, I dont want to be counting clicks.

Being able to range and go right to the scope and dial without having to take my eye off the target is pretty innovative IMO.

Reactions: Birddog6424