• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR 1.5-8 Dual Focal Plane

NHPiper

Tactical Bagpiper
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2017
    Concord, NH
    Anyone have experience with the Burris XTR II 1.5-8 CQ Mil Reticle in Dual Focal Plane? I have heard that the illuminated center dot for dual focal plan scopes may not line up on mil reticles when zoomed in.

Thats good to knlw bc thats the one i am going to get. I am hoping to run it on a 16" AR10 308 with lighter bullets, so the reticle should be close to matching up.

Yeah mine is a SCAR 17. I haven't had a real chance to stretch its legs yet but so far no issues and seems nice to my eyes though I'm very insensitive to glass. I like that Burris has a nice setup with data to quick reference for the reticle when used with other calibers. Should help get close when I get some time at distance.

It was something that occurred in some of the early releases, as in 3 years ago. But I've had two of these scopes and know of a handful of others, all line up just fine.

In the rare event that you get one that doesn't (unlikely unless you are buying used) it is covered under the Burris Forever Warranty. I got a PM from a guy here on the Hide a couple years back who bought one used and felt the red dot didn't line up with the reticle. Burris fixed it under the warranty.

Anyone have experience with the Burris XTR II 1.5-8 CQ Mil Reticle in Dual Focal Plane? I have heard that the illuminated center dot for dual focal plan scopes may not line up on mil reticles when zoomed in.

Mine was good and I got one that was in the second batch. The first one the illumination crapped out and they didnt have any in Greenly, CO to send me so I had to wait for the second shipment.

Have you thought about getting the 1-8x?

I love the BURRIS XTII 1-8x w/ ADM Recon Mount. Here is a link http://bit.ly/2hn5tPS

15380740_1358250724217437_7783428975106097745_n.jpg?oh=05ee83e932caf4a7be5a9c63884a1b37&oe=5A2...jpg