• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR II 8-40x50

Cat64

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2013
North Louisiana
I know there are a few threads dealing with this issue, but I wanted an abbreviated overall advice if this scope is worth the purchase and where can I find the best deal. Thank you.

I have this scope on my Accuarcy International AT. I'm setting up to shoot F-TR class and so far it's impressed me. For the money it seems well made and bright and clear out to 40X with good eye relief. SPORT OPTICS gave me a good price.
Everyone's different on opinions but speaking only for me I had Nightforce BR a couple years back and I prefer this scope over the Nightforce.
Not saying it's better but I had problems with my eyes seeing at 42x. Yes the Nightforce has slightly better glass but my Burris xtr ll not far off.
Like I said just my opinion.
Good luck

I have this scope on my Accuarcy International AT. I'm setting up to shoot F-TR class and so far it's impressed me. For the money it seems well made and bright and clear out to 40X with good eye relief. SPORT OPTICS gave me a good price.
Everyone's different on opinions but speaking only for me I had Nightforce BR a couple years back and I prefer this scope over the Nightforce.
Not saying it's better but I had problems with my eyes seeing at 42x. Yes the Nightforce has slightly better glass but my Burris xtr ll not far off.
Like I said just my opinion.
Good luck
Thank you. I am debating between this one and the NightForce Competition. I know NF is more expensive but at this point in my "shooting career":rolleyes: I will purchase a scope to have for the rest of my life. Funny thing is, I have a NF Competition already and all my shooting buddies (which some have NForces other than Competition) looking through that glass (HD) said that is brighter than theirs.

I have one on my DTA and have been very pleased it. Glass is not quite as good as NF but seems to work just as well in every other way. Definitely well worth the price. Sport optics gave me a great deal on it. Ask for Chris.