• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR II Rifle Scopes

how would it stack up to the weaver tac 4-20x50...

This is my first post on Snipers Hide! So, I bought the XTR II back on 5/10/2014, brand new. I was going to get the Vortex PST 1-4, until I looked through the XTR II 1-5x24. I was instantly Sold. a true 1x. Clear, illumination was great, bright, dim, everything in between. Decent price point, although it was a little more then the Vortex.

This was going on my 9" 300blk SBR.

I loved it. Put maybe 600rds of Subsonics through it, suppressed. and maybe another 200 rounds of supers. I am still in the stages of perfecting my loads.

Until 2 weeks ago, I went out coyote hunting with some 110gr TAC-TX's. I fired my first shot and the scope literally fell apart on the inside... the reticle is still in place, so I think it was before the reticle, so all I see is a thick half circle black line through my glass. Thank god for the Forever Warranty... however, Now I have lost a lot of confidence in that scope, and I have no optic for deer season.... I have a pic I will try to post if I cant figure out how to

20140921_193036.jpg

Last edited:
I use a number of different scope brands. I have sent back S&B, Burris, Leupold, Vortex, and Sightron (plus some other brands) back to have some type of repair work done.
I still use and have confidence in all of these brands-A lot!
Give Burris a call and let them know what happened-They are good folks to work with.

This is my first post on Snipers Hide! So, I bought the XTR II back on 5/10/2014, brand new. I was going to get the Vortex PST 1-4, until I looked through the XTR II 1-5x24. I was instantly Sold. a true 1x. Clear, illumination was great, bright, dim, everything in between. Decent price point, although it was a little more then the Vortex.

I loved it. Put maybe 600rds of Subsonics through it, suppressed. and maybe another 200 rounds of supers. I am still in the stages of perfecting my loads.

Until 2 weeks ago, I went out coyote hunting with some 110gr TAC-TX's. I fired my first shot and the scope literally fell apart on the inside... the reticle is still in place, so I think it was before the reticle, so all I see is a thick half circle black line through my glass. Thank god for the Forever Warranty... however, Now I have lost a lot of confidence in that scope, and I have no optic for deer season.... I have a pic I will try to post if I cant figure out how to

View attachment 51934

There has been a lot of apprehension when Burris announced the XTR II's due to their previous track record. The XTR II's promised a lot. Let's hope this failure was a rare exception, otherwise the XTR II's will still not be considered for serious use.

View attachment 51934

This exact same thing just happened to my XTR II 1-5x24. I am 5 days out from Elk season now I need to scramble to get some glass moved over to my rifle and zeroed before Saturday.. I have always been very happy with the Burris optics I own but now I am wondering about the durability of this one. I e-mailed support this morning we will see what they say..

Really curious to hear how Burris handles these scope issues and how many hoops you have to jump through, if any.

Really curious to hear how Burris handles these scope issues and how many hoops you have to jump through, if any.

I sent support an e-mail yesterday. I have not heard anything back yet.. I will post however it pans out..

I was contacted directly by them, it looks like they're ontop of it and it's a known issue with a very small % of the rifles. I have a call with them later about how quickly I can get a turnaround especially with how busy they are due to hunting season. They seem super helpful and I'm very surprised with their CS so far.

EDIT: Got off the phone with them. They are fantastic, best CS I've had to deal with. They are willing to do multiple things to get it right. If you got some generic Burris e-mail, it might have just been sent with haste (automated) due to how busy it is, but you should be able to get in contact with them. Check for a PM from one of their reps who's watching this thread.

Last edited:
This exact same thing just happened to my XTR II 1-5x24. I am 5 days out from Elk season now I need to scramble to get some glass moved over to my rifle and zeroed before Saturday.. I have always been very happy with the Burris optics I own but now I am wondering about the durability of this one. I e-mailed support this morning we will see what they say..

Told ya!

I was contacted directly by them, it looks like they're ontop of it and it's a known issue with a very small % of the rifles. I have a call with them later about how quickly I can get a turnaround especially with how busy they are due to hunting season. They seem super helpful and I'm very surprised with their CS so far.

EDIT: Got off the phone with them. They are fantastic, best CS I've had to deal with. They are willing to do multiple things to get it right. If you got some generic Burris e-mail, it might have just been sent with haste (automated) due to how busy it is, but you should be able to get in contact with them. Check for a PM from one of their reps who's watching this thread.

A Burris CS rep just reached out to me on the hide here. So they are paying attention..

Oleshep, you can probably take it to them and they could get yours fixed in time being in Colorado, did you call them?

I am in touch with them now. We will see but time is getting tight for Saturday. I will likely zero some other glass for the hunt then get it fixed up..

A Burris Rep on this board has contacted me and agreed to overnight me a new scope so I can get the rifle squared away before this weekend. He said they were aware of the problem in a small number of their production, and they have addressed it.

Oleshep;
A Burris Rep on this board has contacted me and agreed to overnight me a new scope so I can get the rifle squared away before this weekend. He said they were aware of the problem in a small number of their production, and they have addressed it.

That's fantastic service!!

Tikka 260;
Told ya!

We already knew you were an idiot. No need to reiterate...

With the choices listed above, I'm not sure why anyone would entertain the purchase of this Filipino made Nightforce knockoff. has this company no shame? Going from a USA made product to a third-world produced, deliberate aesthetic copy of a night force. Some of you going to run out a buy a fake tag huer with the money you saved on this pos?

Not everyone can afford a Nightforce and I know guys who would outshoot you with the open sights on their Mosin, yes. It's about talent, knowledge, and practice. Only the last ten percent is about equipment.

Let me educate you. Nightforce and Leupold glass is made in Asia, as a matter of fact all US scopes have Asian or European made components, only USO is still doing their own glass and internals, or was. Every optic listed above has foreign components. Your Ford, Maytag, and Apple computer have Asian components or are made in Asia including the Philippines.

Now get back into your moms basement, your "Call of Duty" buddies are waiting for you to sign in.

Not everyone can afford a Nightforce and I know guys who would outshoot you with the open sights on their Mosin, yes. It's about talent, knowledge, and practice. Only the last ten percent is about equipment.

Let me educate you. Nightforce and Leupold glass is made in Asia, as a matter of fact all US scopes have Asian or European made components, only USO is still doing their own glass and internals, or was. Every optic listed above has foreign components. Your Ford, Maytag, and Apple computer have Asian components or are made in Asia including the Philippines.

Now get back into your moms basement, your "Call of Duty" buddies are waiting for you to sign in.

Nightforce does make good scopes but they don't have any good low power variables with day light visible illumination. Their 1-4 is way outdated. I wish they would make a 1-6 or a 1-8 and get off their arse.
I just back ordered a 1.5-8 from Liberty Optics for a .308 AR build I am doing.
Pat

Last edited:
Nightforce does make good scopes but they don't have any good low power variables with day light visible illumination. Their 1-4 is way outdated. I wish they would make a 1-6 or a 1-8 and get off their arse.
pat

Nightforce makes reliable scopes. I was recently training with two guys who were running the new Razor HD2 1-6, I got to look through one. Nice glass, wide field of view, and illuminated center.

Nightforce makes reliable scopes. I was recently training with two guys who were running the new Razor HD2 1-6, I got to look through one. Nice glass, wide field of view, and illuminated center.
I have a Vortex Razor 1-6 as well and love it except for the weight and the stiff magnification ring. Even with a cat tail it takes a bit to move it but a great scope overall. I love my Swarovski Z6i 1-6 but its in Austria right now getting fixed due to a problem with zeroing it.
Pat