• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTR Rings measurements

mdharris68

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2010
How do you measure the burris xtr rings? I have a pair that are too high and i am not sure exactly where they measure them. I tried to search for a cutsheet on them but no luck. I assume that it is from the top of the rail to the bottom of the scope but I hate to order twice and return once.

Also could I go with a 0MOA base in stead of 20 with this SS12x42 scope and still have some elevation adjustment to get me to 500 yrds?

Any help appreciated.

Last edited:
What are you using them with? I have a set of XTR lows on an EGW 20 MOA base with a Vortex PST 6-24x50 riding on top of a Savage 10FP. With the Butler Creek cap, I have about 3-4 mm of space between the barrel and the cap.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually able to find a pair of lows locally, and measured them so they worked fine. I am running a egw 20 M base and a swfa 12x42. Plenty of room, wish I could get it lower though.