• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris Xtreme Tactical Rings VS. Signature Zees

slowr1der

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2010
VA
So I've used Signature Zee rings on my last several scopes and it's hard to go back to anything else. I now need a set of scope rings before hunting season which starts in right over 4 weeks, for a scope with a 30mm tube. I wanted the Zee rings and need a set of mediums for a Weaver style base. I've found that no where has these instock, so it looks like it's a no go. I did find a local shop that has a few sets of high rings in stock, so I could go with the highs, but really the scope is going to be way to high then as it's only a 42mm objective scope.

Or I could go with the xtreme Tactical rings, and looking at them on paper, they look nice, but I've never had a set. What do you all think of these? I really hate the idea of ring marks, and I know these will most likely leave them as every scope I've seen that's come out of them has had them.

So do you guys think it's better to go with the medium Xtreme Tactical rings and have the size I need, or to go with the high signature zee's and have the scope sit a little high? Which are better rings? Price wise they are about the same so that's not a huge consideration.

Re: Burris Xtreme Tactical Rings VS. Signature Zees

I have used both. On less recoil guns, the signature zees have worked very well for me. On my 7mmRM and my 300 ultra they have failed. After about 20 rounds on my ultra they were almost blown off the back of the base. No rings marks though. LOL I think the extreme rings I have used worked just fine as long as they were lapped. I have them on my 7mmRM now but it also has a brake so the recoil is very low. Also no ring marks.

Re: Burris Xtreme Tactical Rings VS. Signature Zees

I've also used both on .308s and never had a problem with either. In your situation, I would get the ones that are the proper size (in this case, the XTRs), even though my first choice for a simple hunting gun would be the Zee rings.