• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Burris XTX Signature Rings any good?

Hogg0494

Old hunter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
Upstate new york
Hi all. I see alot of positive reviews on these online,but almost no talk of them here.the idea of canting the scope with inserts seems good.this eliminates getting a 20 moa rail for my tac a1 and the hassle i have read about removing the old rail.also 1/2 the price opposed to a new rail and rings.anyone have good or bad things to say?thanks

I've got three pairs. They definitely don't hold me back.

Mine are fantastic love em and until they prove otherwise will be what go on all my rifles moving forward.

Last edited:
You mean XTR?

Good to go so far. Perfect for squeezing every bit of elevation out of your scope.

I also have two sets, both in 34mm. Honestly, I don't see why anyone would buy anything else in 34mm size. The only negative is the 6 screws in each ring. I swap scopes around a lot when a new rifle comes in and it is a hassle "that I' m willing to put up with" to mess with the 6 screws. I buy the Burris Signature Series for my 1" and 30mm size.

I have a set on my daughters Lithgow la101, a 22lr only because I cannot obtain a 20moa rail. They seem to work fine and are very adjustable with very good clear instructions.
I do have my worries about running those rings on a center fire rifle. The plastic rings just give me doubts about the ability to maintain zero and keep the scope held...

Last edited:
I have a set on my daughters Lithgow la101, a 22lr only because I cannot obtain a 10moa Raul. They seem to work fine and are very adjustable with very good clear instructions.
I do have my worries about running those rings on a center fire rifle. The plastic rings just give me doubts about the ability to maintain zero and keep the scope held...

There are hundreds of reviews out there. 99.9% of them are positive. I personally know of my 300 Norma mag, a friends 338 Edge, and my gunsmiths 375 Cheytac, all topped with these rings. Everyone is using them for a little added MOA.

We get out and run these boomers past 2k. Zero issues.

Reactions: Rover31
That all cool and I am glad they are working for all of you.
I have never seen a set of them on any sort of comp gun ever. I’m sure now that I say that, I will!

I’m loving mine. They’re stable, non-marring, and are letting me maintain 100yd zero and dial to a mile with 6.5CM American Gunner.

Great rings in my opinion. The only thing is, look up the ring height before buying as they run a little taller than some brands.

Hi all. I see alot of positive reviews on these online,but almost no talk of them here.the idea of canting the scope with inserts seems good.this eliminates getting a 20 moa rail for my tac a1 and the hassle i have read about removing the old rail.also 1/2 the price opposed to a new rail and rings.anyone have good or bad things to say?thanks

I have a set on my daughters Lithgow la101, a 22lr only because I cannot obtain a 20moa rail. They seem to work fine and are very adjustable with very good clear instructions.
I run them on a 300 Norma with no brake. Believe me when I say they are solid. Ask my shoulder lol.

I run them on a 300 Norma with no brake. Believe me when I say they are solid. Ask my shoulder lol.

Ouch! That makes me flinch just thinking about it..

I run 230gr Berger Hybrids over 92.6grs of RE33, going 3050fps. I shoot that big honking 4 port Area 419. Making it about 30-06'ish recoil.

I honestly don't think I would shoot it unbraked... I'm not that brave.

I'm surprised no one has come out with a built in shock absorber for the buttstock.

Every inch of shock absorption comes directly from the eye relief on the scope. That’s a recipe for lawsuits if I’ve ever seen one.

If the barreled action reciprocates without the scope, that’s a different matter entirely, but then you need to ensure consistent lockup and it just gets messy.

My half-serious advice? Add a few pounds of fat.

You heard him Precision Underground,...start eating. Well, I guess that's why no one has come out with shock absorbers in the stocks. I shoot mostly rimfire.

Ouch! That makes me flinch just thinking about it..

I run 230gr Berger Hybrids over 92.6grs of RE33, going 3050fps. I shoot that big honking 4 port Area 419. Making it about 30-06'ish recoil.

I honestly don't think I would shoot it unbraked... I'm not that brave.
Ehhh. It’s not that bad if you get really tight on the rifle and let it move you. That recoil dissipates very quickly when it’s moving your whole body weight. I’m only 6’ 180 lbs but as hard as it recoils it’s still not much of a match for 180lbs. But yea after 50-60 rounds it’s time to put it up until tomorrow. Prob for the best because I’m right there with you at 91.5 gr of 33 and 230s. That gets expensive fairly quickly.

There are hundreds of reviews out there. 99.9% of them are positive. I personally know of my 300 Norma mag, a friends 338 Edge, and my gunsmiths 375 Cheytac, all topped with these rings. Everyone is using them for a little added MOA.

We get out and run these boomers past 2k. Zero issues.
377gr at 3000fps and they hold tight.

Nice guys, thanks for sharing those. I guess someone has made something to the effect I was talking about.