• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Burris Zee rings a good option?

mik233

Private
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2017
OREGON
Went to go mount up my new scope last night and while tightening the bottom screw that holds the ring onto the base, it snapped clean off. ( was using a fat wrench) They were an older set of Burris XTR medium rings and had seem some use before.
Now My good friend has an extra set of burris zee rings(regular not signature i believe) that hes willing to give me for half of what he paid.
are these rings good to mount up on a 300 win mag?
ive read reviews about the zee rings but most of them are the signature versions, not regular zee rings.
I Can get some signature rings locally but if i dont have to pay double the price id rather stick with the regulars.

I also have some Warne vertical maxima rings in my bin but prefer not to use them, they are way too high for the gun.

Or should i just go with a set of talley lightweight rings and call it good? scope is a 4-16x4 viper hslr and my only issue is will i have enough elevation to get out to 1K with flat bases vs my 20 moa Pic rail.

I think you get what you pay for. For a magnum rifle I wouldn't go with anything less than a set of seekins, ARC, nightforce, badger or other premium rings and by all means put the 20 moa rail on (it sounds like you already have one, why would you not use it with a rife capable of significant distance shooting?).

I would probably skip the zee rings ans go with something similar like fursniper mentioned. I like seekins rings on my bolt guns, and i use adm mounts on my ARs. There are many more good options out there, i just wouldnt use the zee rings on something inplan on taking out that far. Also, With a 300win mag you probably wont "need" the 20moa base, but if you have it use it.

Can't go wrong with Seekins or Badger, id save the money and go Seekins.

Will burris zee rings hold up to being dropped or knocked around as well as the quality tactical rings mentioned above... not likely.
Are they ideal for thousands of rounds of magnum level recoil each year... probably not.
Are they high speed enough for this forum... not a chance.

Will they work just fine on a hunting rig that is handled with reasonable care... yep.

try the signature zee xtr rings with the plastic inserts, my set seems pretty beefy

I would use Hawkin's Precision Long Range Hybrids if you are using a Remington 700 or clone. If using a picatinny rail I would go with Griffin Armament Orion rings. I would avoid Warne scope rings as they are especially heavy.