• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: Burris

ArntHugo,

Burris XTR's Tacticals aren't bad, but there is really nothing outstanding about them either. The 3-12x50MM Mildot is big and heavy, and long; it's has a Mil reticle but with 1/4" adjustments, so it's a Mil/MOA design. It is also SFP. At it's street price point of around $750 or so there are MIL/MIL scopes that are cheaper, as well as MIL/MOA scopes that are cheaper, and FFP designs that are cheaper as well.

It's optic's are about on par with Leupold's Mk4's (I'm not sure if that's good or bad). My biggest problem with the XTR and all Burris variables for that matter, is that the entire eyepiece rotates when you change powers. Which means you have to run it without a rear BC scope cap, or reset your BC cap every time you change power. For me it's so annoying, that I wouldn't use a Burris XTR Variable, even if the damn thing costs under $200.

For somebody else they may be fine of course. YMMV.

Bob

We have two for our team and they are holding up well so far. Pretty easy to use and the turret design is decent. Clicks are positive, audible and appear to be spot on. The scope is HEAVY! We have the illuminated 3-12 in green.

I have a Burris XTR and the optics are clear. I think they are as clear as Mark 4's or better and better than the 6500 series from Bushnell. The clicks are audible and the adjustments are repeatable. I think you get a lot of scope for the money. Now the eyepiece does turn when power is changed and it is more of an annoyance than anything else. But so does Nightforce scopes, so it's in good company. You won't get much Wow factor from other shooters if that matters. Plus it is "Made in USA" if that appeals to you as well. If you look around you can find great deals on these scopes. Much less than the $750 price mentioned earlier. I picked one up new (OD Model) from ebay for $450 not too long ago.

Thank you very much, i saw a nightforce nxs 3,5-15x56 that i felt for, its cost 50% more tho but i think its worth it.
The cool factor doesnt mean anything, that which matter is about it make the job done or not;) And well, im from norway and living there so if its from US or Germany, it really doesnt matter, sent a mail and hopes i can get a good offer from a very good gun shop/gun smith i know=)

Thanks again.

Greetings from Norway, Arnt Hugo