• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushing for .260 Die?

Victor Co Heather

Victor Company USA
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2006
SOCAL USA
www.victorcompanyusa.com
I'm just setting up my .260 reloading dies and wondering what size neck bushing do I need?

I've purchased Win 7mm-08 brass that will need to be resized and .260 Redding Match Full length resizing dies. I heard I need .290 bushing but want to confirm it.

Also when resizing the brass, is there anything I should be aware of.. or is it lube and press?

Any info would be great, thanks!

Re: Bushing for .260 Die?

I used the .289" and .290" when I loaded for a buddy, using RP brass. I want to say that I used the .290" bushing most often.

If you're shooting different brass AND not turning your necks, you'll almost want a couple to cover your bases.

Chris

Im using the WW brass necking from 7-08 and am using the .289 bushing. I have up to 3 loads fired frome some of the brass with no issues.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinnypitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im using the WW brass necking from 7-08 and am using the .289 bushing. I have up to 3 loads fired frome some of the brass with no issues. </div></div>

Thanks for that. I've ordered the .289 and .290 bushings from Midway, the .289 is in stock and shipped already. The .290 is on back order, so I'll have to try the .289 first.

Another question, when I resize the WW 7-08 brass to the .260, will I need to trim the brass afterward?? I don't have a .260 trimmer...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M.45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinnypitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im using the WW brass necking from 7-08 and am using the .289 bushing. I have up to 3 loads fired frome some of the brass with no issues. </div></div>

Thanks for that. I've ordered the .289 and .290 bushings from Midway, the .289 is in stock and shipped already. The .290 is on back order, so I'll have to try the .289 first.

Another question, when I resize the WW 7-08 brass to the .260, will I need to trim the brass afterward?? I don't have a .260 trimmer...
</div></div>

First of all, why are you reforming 7/08 Winnie brass into 260 Rem, when RP brass is decent enough and cheap?

I've never case formed before, but I believe in some conversions, you do have to do some minor surgery.

If you have a .270 cal pilot (or any larger pilot) for your trimmer and don't use it, just chuck it in a drill and touch it on a stone, honing it down in steps to ~.260".

I did this with a .35 cal pilot so that I could trim my 338LM brass. Took a few minutes and works like a charm.

Chris