• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushing size for 308 R-P brass and 308 Win Brass

bohem

PVA's HMFIC
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
Southeast, PA
www.patriotvalleyarms.com
Like the title says, I'm looking for the loaded neck diameter of a 308 for R-P and Win brass.

I'm not going to be able to get to my bench and measure the diameter myself for a couple of days, so I'm hoping that someone out on the interwebz can give me a hand either with the loaded neck size for these or the actual bushing size that they're using for Redding S-type neck sizer.

T.I.A.

Re: Bushing size for 308 R-P brass and 308 Win Brass

I use a .331 bushing for Winchester brass which weigh in the vicinity of 157gr. I have found some Win brass at about 177gr, but have only found a few so I don't use them. For R-P brass I use a .334 bushing.

Re: Bushing size for 308 R-P brass and 308 Win Brass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hdbiker1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a .331 bushing for Winchester brass which weigh in the vicinity of 157gr. I have found some Win brass at about 177gr, but have only found a few so I don't use them. For R-P brass I use a .334 bushing. </div></div>

I use a .334" for the RP stuff, but I have Winchester brass from some of their hunting fodder and I can twist the bullets out using my .332" bushing. On the other hand, I have a bunch of Winchester component brass and the .334" bushing yields about .002" of neck tension.

Just be aware that there's a lot of 'thin, or thicker' Winchester brass floating around.

Get a ball mic and measure the stuff you have, to know for sure.

Chris