• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bushing/sizing die question

absolutchris

Private
Minuteman
Mar 4, 2019
I use a Redding type s FL die.

I place the bushing and leave it free floating(can hear it moving around if you shake the die) but after a session or so due to lube it stops moving around when I shake etc. I'm assuming this is due to lube build up

I use lanolin isopropyl mix 1:10 as lube.

I've read so many different things about cleaning dies and not cleaning first. Honestly, I don't care if I have to clean them before each use I just want to do what is best/most consistent. So should I clean my sizing die before each use?

I have the same dies and use Hornady One Shot. I just blast it with some brake cleaner and a quick wipe with a patch on a cleaning rod. The I shoot some One shot in the die before loading. After sizing, I clean it out with some brake cleaner and the same patch. Keeps everything spotless and take about ten seconds.

Reactions: CcoFirst
I use a Redding type s FL die.

I place the bushing and leave it free floating(can hear it moving around if you shake the die) but after a session or so due to lube it stops moving around when I shake etc. I'm assuming this is due to lube build up

I use lanolin isopropyl mix 1:10 as lube.

I've read so many different things about cleaning dies and not cleaning first. Honestly, I don't care if I have to clean them before each use I just want to do what is best/most consistent. So should I clean my sizing die before each use?
I do a quick wipe out with alcohol about every 100-150 rounds. This keeps the lube build up to a minimum.
I use the same mix of lanolin and alcohol.

Last edited:
I use Imperial sizing wax and do not clean my dies with any regiment. I have had zero problems and runout is near zero. Good luck!
TR

Reactions: RRW and PatMiles