• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushmaster .308 ORC

Swoo 85th

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2010
Been doing a lot of reading on here looking at 308 info. But I have not seen the Bushmaster 308 discussed yet. Im wondering if any one has any experiance with this rifle. I am looking to make my next custom and am thinking of starting with the Bushmaster 308 orc. Any thoughs?

Re: Bushmaster .308 ORC

I'll start it off.

I bought one that was on sale for $800. I thought the fit and finish are great. It also has a trigger system that is alright, not the standard AR trigger setup, but better.

I only changed a few things to fit my needs with the carbine. I put a DPMS railed tube on instead of the plastic handguards that came with it. Muzzle has a PRI brake on it. Put on a Magpul UBR to finish it up, that is it. With this combo, I get really good accuracy out of this short rifle using M118LR. Can make hits on 8"x12" piece of steel out to 800 yards. Good enough for me!

Same thing as a DPMS. Got a .260 upper to use on the lower with awesome results as well. I have no complaints with the Bushmaster ORC at all!

Thats a great price! I paid that for my 556 bushmaster ORC. I really wanted to get something with a heavier round that can reach further and was hoping that the 308 orc would hold up. thanks for the info. i wasnt sure if a ubr stock would fit on the buffer tube, i thought it would be too big. I dont have any experiance with 308 yet so still figureing out the demenshions and what i can fit on it.

I shot a friends ORC it had a free float hand guard. I dont have any idea of accuracy or durability because it was only a 50 yard indoor range, but it is the lightest 308 out there. He had the barrel dimpled at ADCO and the thing pointed like a AR15 carbine with the government barrel. The recoil was stout like a HK G3 but with a BABC brake that could be fixed.

Mine is over gassed, but that is easily fixed it was shooting about 1.5" @ 100 yards for the first 40 shots. I think after the gas is tamed and a different stock and trigger are installed it'll shoot much better. I am happy with it.

2012-07-12135513.jpg

Installed a Syrac adjustable gas block and SSS flatwire spring and free floated the rail and no more gas, extraction or accuracy problems.

Read the link below for info.