• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Bushmaster ACR Update

Re: Bushmaster ACR Update

Just to let you guys know I have an RRA with an ML3 and I shoot the piss out of it. Can you believe that I don't even care about the marks brass makes on the deflector? I know Im horrible. The scariest part is the fact that I don't touch-up my anodize with a Sharpie.

Wow, for $3k you can have a well kitted lwrc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scatsob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dont forget you can always pick one up used after some poor sap has had his fill.</div></div>

Yep and you know that safe queen will be in great condition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtask</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he claimed that "it could never happen"</div></div>

that is the wrong "engineering" attitude. it is this approach that inhibits growth and improvement in any project.

I just watched the U-tube video. I wonder how many times he had to practice that pitch before he could say it without laughing?
He kept looking around to see if anyone was buying this load of crap.
The reason he isn't going to be able to order one for
2-1/2 to 3 years isn't because they will be on backorder, it's because thats how long it's gonna take to save $3000 !!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WildCat1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunsmithcat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
CTD_ACR.jpg
</div></div>

Now that's funny. </div></div>

Now that's true.

I hope it sells so bad they need to give them out at board meetings to get rid of their inventory. Just nuts.

Judging by the size of the sales rep on that clip, I'd say that they get an entire bucket of fried chicken for every rifle they sell.

Bushmaster better kick their PR machine into overdrive because their prices are going to kill this platform.

If remington doesnt get the military contract they are aiming for, then the whole ACR platform will either come down in price or it will be shelved after the initial production run. There is no way a line will be profitable and sustainable on civilian sales alone at $2500-$3100 a pop for those things.

I think once the initial rush and hype is over and the distibutors meet all the preorders, they will have them sitting in warehouses until bushmaster gets a grip on pricing.
You can either spend $2300 on a top of the line LWRC and get a CNC precision machined piece of steel and alloy or you can spend $3000 on a bunch of injection molded plastic. Oh and all of the tens of thousands of parts and accesories made for ARs will fit my LWRC. You want something for your ACR? I hope its in the bushmaster catalog, and who wants to be the accesories will be just as expensive and hard to get for the "proprietary everything" ACR.
There is no way you can ever justify that the ACR cost $800 more to manufacture then a top of the line piston AR. I think bushy is gonna regret the price they set if they dontbget the military contract.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NYresq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If remington doesnt get the military contract they are aiming for, then the whole ACR platform will either come down in price or it will be shelved after the initial production run. There is no way a line will be profitable and sustainable on civilian sales alone at $2500-$3100 a pop for those things.

I think once the initial rush and hype is over and the distibutors meet all the preorders, they will have them sitting in warehouses until bushmaster gets a grip on pricing.
You can either spend $2300 on a top of the line LWRC and get a CNC precision machined piece of steel and alloy or you can spend $3000 on a bunch of injection molded plastic. Oh and all of the tens of thousands of parts and accesories made for ARs will fit my LWRC. You want something for your ACR? I hope its in the bushmaster catalog, and who wants to be the accesories will be just as expensive and hard to get for the "proprietary everything" ACR.
There is no way you can ever justify that the ACR cost $800 more to manufacture then a top of the line piston AR. I think bushy is gonna regret the price they set if they dontbget the military contract. </div></div>

"YEP" and <span style="font-size: 26pt">"YEP"</span>.

Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: El Shavewa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Judging by the size of the sales rep on that clip, I'd say that they get an entire bucket of fried chicken for every rifle they sell.

Bushmaster better kick their PR machine into overdrive because their prices are going to kill this platform. </div></div>
I , and I think everyone reading this, agree that Bushmaster has effectively "shot themselves in the foot" by placing such a high MSRP on the ACR. At this point, I don't think anything, short of a major price drop, is going to sell this platform regardless of how they try to justify it.
That being said, the sales rep's job is to sell a product at a price dictated by the manufacturer. I think any grievances should be directed at Bushmaster as a company. I don't see any benefit to making the rep's weight/ personal appearance the focus of criticism. I understand your frustration (I'm upset about this too). I just don't believe we should attack him personally because we are upset with his employer.
In all fairness, he is only trying to do the job he is paid to do, no matter how small his chance of succcess.
Lets all try to keep our comments directed at Bushmaster, which is who we're really upset with.

I called both Remington and Bushmaster today hoping to clear up some stuff about available twist rates and barrel selection along with finding out if Remington will actually be selling a civilian ACR.

The bushmaster guy told me no to a 7.62x39 of course and no also to a 1:7 twist 556 barrel. I asked him if they were available from remingtin and he said he had no clue. I also asked what the deal was behind the 1:9 and he said that is the popular choice in the commercial market. I then asked in response to that how many of your competitors have 2000+ dollar 1:9 twist platforms. He couldn't answer. He then proceeded to try to tell me that everything I want to shoot will be fine in a 9 twist. The phone call ended shortly after that.

Next I thought I would try my luck on the Remington end and I got through to a much nicer and sympathetic guy. I asked him if there were indeed plans for a civilan rifle and he said maybe in the future and that they had talked about it. He said that he wasn't aware that they would be making their barrels (1:7) available to the public.

So, still bummed.......

Wonder if a smith could work something out with a good aftermarket AR barrel in that thing???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cross C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Wonder if a smith could work something out with a good aftermarket AR barrel in that thing??? </div></div>

Any thing can be machines and made... for a price. the question is what would you be willing to pay to have the barrel swapped out. At some point the cool factor gets stupid when you have to pay a smith $1000 to install a barrel to replace the factory barrel on a $3000 rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I , and I think everyone reading this, agree that Bushmaster has effectively "shot themselves in the foot" by placing such a high MSRP on the ACR. At this point, I don't think anything, short of a major price drop, is going to sell this platform regardless of how they try to justify it.
That being said, the sales rep's job is to sell a product at a price dictated by the manufacturer. I think any grievances should be directed at Bushmaster as a company. I don't see any benefit to making the rep's weight/ personal appearance the focus of criticism. I understand your frustration (I'm upset about this too). I just don't believe we should attack him personally because we are upset with his employer.
In all fairness, he is only trying to do the job he is paid to do, no matter how small his chance of succcess.
Lets all try to keep our comments directed at Bushmaster, which is who we're really upset with. </div></div>

Agreed. While I was rageing about what he was saying, I actually felt kinda bad for the guy, as he was just towing the company line in the face of a newly formed shitstorm. He reminded me of Jim Carrey's character in "Fun with Dick and Jaine"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cross C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I called both Remington and Bushmaster today hoping to clear up some stuff about available twist rates and barrel selection along with finding out if Remington will actually be selling a civilian ACR.

The bushmaster guy told me no to a 7.62x39 of course and no also to a 1:7 twist 556 barrel. I asked him if they were available from remingtin and he said he had no clue. I also asked what the deal was behind the 1:9 and he said that is the popular choice in the commercial market. I then asked in response to that how many of your competitors have 2000+ dollar 1:9 twist platforms. He couldn't answer. He then proceeded to try to tell me that everything I want to shoot will be fine in a 9 twist. The phone call ended shortly after that.

Next I thought I would try my luck on the Remington end and I got through to a much nicer and sympathetic guy. I asked him if there were indeed plans for a civilan rifle and he said maybe in the future and that they had talked about it. He said that he wasn't aware that they would be making their barrels (1:7) available to the public.

So, still bummed.......

Wonder if a smith could work something out with a good aftermarket AR barrel in that thing??? </div></div>

One of the big frusterations for me with the stupid high price of the ACR is that unless they drop it by a grand it'll never have widespread acceptance and the aftermarket for it will be limited. One great thing about the AR is that because there are so many out there the aftermarket is huge.

I will say that while I prefer a 1/7 twist myself I do understand BM going with the 1/9 since 95% (my estimate) or more of civilian shooters shoot 55-62gr ammo.

I'll be sitting on my hands (and my wallet) to see how things develop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NYresq</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Any thing can be machines and made... for a price. the question is what would you be willing to pay to have the barrel swapped out. At some point the cool factor gets stupid when you have to pay a smith $1000 to install a barrel to replace the factory barrel on a $3000 rifle. </div></div>

I realize that, but one of the supposed great things about the rifle was the interchangeability of the barrels. If the cost didn't justify the benefit then its 6 one way half a dozen the other. Granted if the rifle comes down some, being under 2000 and is as reliable as they say it should be and it lives up to to most of the hype, I would still like the option of putting a higher grade barrel on it.

If you couldn't have the option to put a better barrel on it like an AR then why the fuck wouldn't you buy a Noveske or LMT or LWRC or LaRue upper or BCM uppers and the list goes on and on.

I'm just saying I'm not a fan of paying 2000+ for a hyped up design with basically the same tube that a $900 AR has on it when I could spend less on an AR and get a Rock or Krieger or equivalent barrel.

I was hoping that by hearing the word right from the horses mouth and if by chance the price comes down then I may consider one of these after its been sent through the ringer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Starvin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'll be sitting on my hands (and my wallet) to see how things develop. </div></div>

Rock on to that!! I had put aside a little something in anticipation to this thing, but I think I'll part with a little of it for a new upper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cross C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If you couldn't have the option to put a better barrel on it like an AR then why the fuck wouldn't you buy a Noveske or LMT or LWRC or LaRue upper or BCM uppers and the list goes on and on.
</div></div>

I kinda wondered that in the first place... why the hell would you pay $3k for a plastic rifle??? even if it came with two extra barrels in a twist to fit every load, its still a $3K plastic gun!!!

Glock 22 is plastic, and it cost half what a sig 229 cost... molded plastic frame and internals vs machined alloy frame... plastic costs less to make and mold, therefore plastic gun cost less... explain how the ACR costs almost three times what a Colt 6940 costs and 1/3 more then an LWRC A2 and yet 70% or more of the ACR is plastic whereas the other two have maybe 5% plastic in them. thats what really makes my head spin...
mad.gif