• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell 1 mile ARC 8x32 or 10x42?

vonbalkenbush

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2008
Reno, Nevada
Anybody played with these yet? Gonna pick up a pair next week and I'm wondering if I should go with the 8x32's or the 10x42's?

Thanks

-VB

Von, I chose the 10s. The weight is within .2lbs. I have been using a pair of Swaro porro-prism tens for about 20 years and have no problem holding them steady for extended glassing. The same goes for the Bushnells.

I'm sure you read the various reports on the 1-miles performance. You are going to be pleasantly surprised. Mine outperform both the reports and the specifications on the Bushnell packaging by a solid 30%-50%. Have fun.

Wow that is great to hear. Thanks for chiming in with your experience Q-Hourse. Do you feel like the objective lens size of the smaller model would affect the performance of the laser?

I have the older 12x fusions and nailed a cow with them on the 3rd try at just over 1600yds. All other features have been spot on. I DO STILL long for a Terrapin thgough.....

I have a pair of the 10X42's and am very happy with them.

I have the 10s and love them both for hunting and tactical matches. Bright sun light limits the max range but in most cases you can range to over 1K yards.

Von, I don't know whether the objective size would have any effect on ranging performance. It would seem logical that a larger objective would be more capable of capturing the return signal. I chose the 10s because there is essentially no dimensional or weight difference in favor of the eights. I already knew that I was comfortable using 10s for extended glassing. There is a $200.00 difference in price but I felt it was worthwhile.

I got the 10x42 and I really like them and happy with them. Best bang for you buck. I have ranged out to over 1800 yards if you can rest them on something and its a large reflective surface. I use them for hunting and for ranging targets at the range.

Well, It looks like I'll pick up the 10x42's then. I rarely ever shoot past 1200 yds all though sometimes I do play at 1500 on occasion. But this LRF/Binocular combo would be primarily used for tactical steel matches and my annual big game hunts. So I really don't need it to hit a mile actually as I haven't jumped into ELR shooting at this time yet. Just want the glass to be good enough to spot game in the brush at reasonable distances and the laser to consistently get me 1200-1500 yds. If the unit will do that and do it well, I will be a happy camper.