• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell 1 mile, Zeiss PRF or Leica crf 1000 r

CoCop

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Colorado
Looking to range game out to 600-800 yards. My price is maxed at $600. These look like the best choices. Used the search function and still looking for first hand experience with these rangefinders.

Zeiss Prf $600
Leica 1000 r $600
Bushnell 1 mile $500

Thanks

Been getting good results out to 1000 yards with the Bushnell 1600's and if you can get the one of the Mile's for $500, that is a killer deal. My binos have a bluish tint which is a little annoying, and they aren't perfect with getting reads from everything, however they were also under $800.

This site has a really great comparison between finders.

Rangefinders | PrecisionRifleBlog.com

The older 1 miles had problems with the provided data being too dim in good light but for $500 screw it. I have the new ones and the glass is excellent.

Just to clarify the Bushnell is the monocular rangefinder not the binocular rangefinder. Thanks again

The Zeiss PRF is good to go to 800 yds after that it gets cranky. Some situations require you to turn it on its side to get an accurate reading. I've had them for 3 yrs. and feel satisfied for the money I spent

Just to clarify the Bushnell is the monocular rangefinder not the binocular rangefinder. Thanks again

I like my leica 1000. Once you figure out where the beam is focused at in the reticle, you can shoot some really small stuff. I've gotten it to 1100 yards on a tractor. 850 on sheep

I have tried both the Ziess and the Leica out on Antelope hunts in SE Colorado. Looking at both, the Leica outperformed the Ziess as far as quick and accurate ranging. The Ziess is a little larger and has a larger viewing lens, but the Leica is faster to acquire and much more compact. I have ranged grain elevators to 1080, Cattle to 800 and some change, and Antelope to 770.

Leica states they can spot soft targets to approx 75% of the max distance, so 1000 ~ 750 and 1600~ 1200. I have found this to be true with the 1000.

I have tried the two and sold them as I really only use a LRF during lope season, will most likely get a 1600 this year, even though I will only shoot 700Y or so, I want to be able to "walk them in" and stalk closer.

Pics through a Leica 1000

I was dinking around on a lope hunt a couple of years ago., shot a water bottle at 400 (you can see the other haybail in the distance), walked down and ranged back for a pic.

dsc05729cy.jpg

dsc05721k.jpg

My newer Bushnell 1 Mile ARC 10 X 42 LRF binoculars work VERY well. I had the original version and sent it back to Bushnell B/C the readout was often illegible in bright desert sunlight. The new ones have better lens coating for truer color and the readout is great. They always reliably read out past one mile.

Their programmable ballistics, zero range and choice of meters or yards is great, as is the inclinometer true range info. With these LRF binos you have two pieces of gear in one.

Thanks for the info. Looks like it's the crf 1000 r. Which hide vendor should I order from?