• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 3.5-21 HDMRG2 turret issue

GreyShirts

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2011
Oklahoma
I had the same problem that others had with the "0" not lining up after resetting my top turret. I corrected the issue or so I thought by removing the cap, following the thread that had been posted in the past about how to correct it. Anyways, now when I run my turret up or down and then come back to "0" and press it down. It catches and has to be turned just slightly before it can be pressed all the way down, but the "0" does line up with the mark. Is this a huge problem, or is there something else I can do to remedy it. I talked to Bushnell today and the CS guy told me he has the same scope. He said he had the same issue with his "0" not lining up with the mark, after resetting the turret. He told me he took it to their engineers and they told him some do it, some wont, but it can't be fixed. That goes against what others have said on here in reference to fixing the original issue with the "0" not lining up. So, has anyone had any problems with the turret after removing the cap and putting it back on?

This is an issue with any scope the locks this way. Think of a cog with a ton of teeth which mates with an outer ring with matching teeth. It's pretty easy to see how hard it is to make it match perfect with the markings. Mine is just a hair off on the windage. I was actually expecting it to be off a tiny bit before I got it due to another scope I have with an identical design.

Last edited:
My brand new DMR has the same issue but it's a minor annoyance IMHO.
I bought a used DMR from a Hide member (mil-dot reticle, for cheap) for my buddy and the elevation and windage knobs are damn near perfect and lock easily every time. Manufacturing tolerance is the culprit.

I can live with it, YMMV.

Joe

Mine lines up really well, and doesn't seem to have this issue. I just expect to get something that functions properly when I spend that kind of money on it. Like said above, if it isn't too bad I guess I could live with it.