• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 3200 elite zero @ 100yds with 20moa Base?

Shooter_308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2012
Long Island, New York
Hey guys, i've been doing some research regarding ring height and lens size and bases etc but can't find what i'm looking for now. I have a Nightforce 20moa one piece base on my 700AAC-SD with Lapped Burris XTR Lows shooting Federal GMM 168g. The glass on top is a Bushnell Elite 3-9x50.

Now, am i going to have any trouble getting a 100 yard zero with this set up? I've seen many people say i'll be fine but just as many saying i'm not going to be able to do it, any input?

TL;DR Will i be able to get a 100 yard zero with a nightforce 20moa base, and burris XTR Lows?

Re: Bushnell 3200 elite zero @ 100yds with 20moa Base?

Yeah...shooting something other than airsoft guns can be quite different. I suggest you take your weapon out to the range and try it seeings how it already mounted.

OH...and word of advice...QUIT taking advice from your other airsoft buddys...they don't know crap.

Okay, but i haven't been, thanks. I shot it originally @ 100 with the low-quality B-square set up i had and it shot alright but i didn't really trust any of the parts so i changed to higher quality stuff.

I've been shooting my entire life, from .22's to high caliber rifle and pistol as well as hunting NOT just airsoft. I just never really learned much about wtf all the differences between MOA base's and stuff are. Obviously there's a difference from an effective range of 300 feet to a thousand or so yards. Any man or woman of normal intelligence would be able to tell you that.

Btw on a separate note...more than half the people i associate with in the airsoft community are/were Marine Force Recon and Sharpshooters, Active ARMY EOD, as well as SEAL and ex Green Berets...not to mention the few Active Duty members that host airsoft-based benefits to support Veterans and The Wounded Warrior project. They're not 12-13 year old kids buying toys from walmart and shooting eachother in their backyards. So before you go about bashing people you don't know who are obviously just trying to come and look for help from seasoned "mature" shooters...think first? so thanks for the uh.... "help"?

LOL...Easy tiger...I wasn't bashing airsoft guys..well maybe a little.

Then I apologize for thinking you were something when you were not. To answer your original question...No..it will work just fine together.

Funny how people's friends are all ex navy seals, ex snipers ,ex rangers and ex green berets and stuff...I have been out of the army for over 20 years and have yet to meet one.....I do however personally know of one..ONE...Ranger. Again...not belittling your statement and friends...just thinking out loud.

Good luck on your shooting.

Okay thank you for clearing that up Rebel, we get a really bad rap thats all. Everyone looks at us like they do little kids getting arrested for bringing a $20 toy gun to school, When we all take it at a whole different level. thanks again for clearing that up. Yeah you meet A LOT of active and non-active military in that kind of hobby. Sorry for gettin defensive.

But back on topic: Okay so i should be alright? Am i correct in thinking from what i've read only if your scope has a low amount of MOA adjustment you'll notice an issue?

btw, here she is so far...waiting to paint her up once the weather gets better:
IMG_02071.jpg

Yes, it will work. I have an EGW 20moa, Leupold PRW lows, and the 3200 10x and there is room to spare between the scope and barrel. I had to knock 2-3 lugs off the front of my rail to get my eye relief better though. I dont know if you will need to do that to the NF one.

There really was no relevence to the other comments that veered from the op's question. I see more manners from a classroom of autistic kids.

Thanks Desertrat, thats the kind of answer i was looking for. I didn't have to remove any notches from the base thankfully, the eye relief is just-right the way i have the rings set up and LOP adjusted on my Choate stock. It's nice and comfy and looks much more streamline than the B-square high-rings i had on there!

I have a NF with a 56mm objective on 30 MOA rails and have no problem with 100 yds..can't go much lower but its not really set up for anything less than 300 yds.