• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell 3200 versus SWFA SS 10x42

Iowa-John

Private
Minuteman
Aug 4, 2010
I wanted to see who has looked through both of these scopes, and how they compared. I have had a chance to look through the bushnell 3200 10x40 mil dot and it was not as clear or crisp as I would like, but I don't have access to a SWFA scope to compare.

Is the SWFA 10x42 clearer, crisper image? Also does one track better than the other(repeatable turrets)?

Re: Bushnell 3200 versus SWFA SS 10x42

SSniper has better turrets but that doesn't mean the bushnell ones are terrible - they work fine. Glass on both is decent. If you're looking for a 300$ or less scope you can't go wrong with either one.

SS will fit the bill perfectly... I have owned several in various powers, and all have given me flawless performance. Super tough, easy to adjust, stays zeroed, low profile, awesome resale value, and SWFA customer service (should you ever possibly need it) will serve you well.

The SS is the scope I learned my MILs on, and it tracks incredibly well for a $300 scope. I personally prefer scopes with the side focus. However, in the case with the SS, I can't justify the additional $100. You can't go wrong with it.

And you can get a really tacticool shirt and hat to match!! LOL!!

DK

I just bought a SS 10x42M and the optics are crisp and clear. Haven't looked through a Bushnell, but I know that you would be happy with a SS 10x42.

ive had both, the bushnell tracked fine, but the glass is better on the super sniper. i sold the bushnell and have 3 ss10xs now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have looked at both and feel the Super Sniper has a clear edge in both glass and turrets. </div></div>

My experience mirrors this, with the added comment that the SuperSniper has parallax adjustment and will work down to 30ft. Bushnell 3200's I've had seemed to be parallax free and focused best at about 150yds.

I have both scopes and the SS is tops compared to the Bushnel. The best thing about the Bushnel was the turrets. For the price range the SS is hands down the winner. Clear optics and the mil-dots compare to my Leupolds. Scope tracks right and the adj paralax is a big plus. Put my Bushnel on a 22 for my daughter. I wouldn't use another on if it was given to me.

The SS 10X40 is better than the Bushnel 10X40. Both of these scopes were derived from the Bausch & Lomb 4000 10X40 which was better than either.

For the money: get the SS 10X40.

i got the 3200 tactical, but even though i have no experience with the ss i feel it is a better choice based on the reviews that have been made.

I have owned quite a few SS 10x and 10Ms, currently have a 3200 10x and my 22 trainer. I would say that with the addition to the paralax focus of the SS, as well as the slightly better glass, the SS wins. Both track as expected (for the price) but the SS turrets feel mushy next to the 3200 10X. I really like the 3200 for the price, great scope, but the SS 10X is a VALUE.

Kirk R

I had a SS and loved it. But I had to part with it to help pay for my first Nightforce that I ordered yesterday. I will have another SS when the fun money gets back to normal.

SS by far is the better scope. Glass, turrets, tracking, ruggedness, etc... Bushy makes good scopes, don't get me wrong but, I would have to buy a 6500 series if I was going to get serious about one of thier scopes.
CavScout60

I ordered the SS 10X last Friday, but it is on back order. Based on a ton of research on this site, it seems like it will be a great purchase. My brother is coming to visit for a couple of weeks from Afghanistan and I am building this rifle for him. I hope the glass comes soon. Happy Holidays people!

I have both for half the price i'd get another bushy if I were in the market for another 10x. If they were the same price I'd get the ss over the bushy, but I couldnt justify paying 300+ for the ss when I can get a bushy for 150ish.

SS is a better over all scope with more field of view. I like the turrets on the bushy better personally, but the SS parallax adjustment helps alot for longer distance shooting. You will be happy with either so if you have 300 get the SS if not get the bushy

The Bushnell is hard on eyes at 50 yards, no problem at 100 yards.