• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell conx vs sig kilo 2200

Again what extra parts NEED to be packed in over the conx? You have to use a phone to true data with the conx.. With the conx you have to have a kestrel to get actual data correct? . Not so with the 2400. In fact in the field you don't NEED anything but the rangefinder itself to get accurate ballistics with the 2400 if you have any ability to guess wind. A kestrel only gives you the wind hold at your location and atmospherics.. The kilo knows your atmospherics.. calculates spin drift and corialis. You only NEED the rangefinder.. I'm really lost at how you discount the kilo when the conx needs everything your complaining about with the kilo? Not trying to be disrespectful I just don't understand your logic. The kilos ability to range 3000 yards might not be a big deal to you but it makes it that much better at 1000 yards. The conx is inferior in every way to the kilo.. other than it has a tripod mount lol.

In order to set up the 2400, you need 1) the sig 2) the wind attachment 3) a smart phone and if needed the tripod mount, =3 or 4 Items

with the ConX you need 1) the ConX 2) the Kestrel., =2 Items. and if you are shooting under 800 yards then you only need One.

Like I said this this thread is about the ConX Vs the 2200, and as such the ConX is better.

Last attempt here because you're clearly missing the point. There's absolutely a benefit to a standardized method of testing and using it on a wide range of LRFs and prices. They even published a chart about it...dollar for performance ratio. Broken down by cost and distance which models provide a good performance: cost ratio.

That might be so, But Ranging is only One of the things that they do, I have already said that the Sig 2400 Ranges further but so it should because it is 3x the price, Where the ConX excels is because it gives you 5 or 6 choices on how you can use it.

And then that bring us back to Sigs reliability Issues and their Customer Service, with Delays, Lie's and a straight out lack of customer care, and based on that alone that should be enough to warn people to stay away, For many here money is not an issue, So from the 2000/2200 which have proven to be less reliable, but for many others spending $1500 is a mega investment and no doubt not an issue to be taken lightly compared to those who use their Wallets as a Door Stop.

And because of all of the Above I would never buy a Sig Product, and the next LRF I would buy if a person needs that type of power would be the G-7 and then a Vectronix, To the point of even if I won the Sig or was Given one I would sell it and buy the G-7, Because how Sig have handled their Customer Service tells me that I have no chance of getting help without a long hard battle because of their lack of Quality Control and Business Ethics.

Last edited:
In order to set up the 2400, you need 1) the sig 2) the wind attachment 3) a smart phone and if needed the tripod mount, =3 or 4 Items

with the ConX you need 1) the ConX 2) the Kestrel., =2 Items. and if you are shooting under 800 yards then you only need One.

Like I said this this thread is about the ConX Vs the 2200, and as such the ConX is better.

In order to set it up yes.. That is the last time you need it lol. Also you still need the phone to set up the custom curve in the conx so... again the only extra item is the... tripod mount. Another thing you're forgetting on your assessment is you NEED a $400+ Bluetooth capable kestrel. Guess what. Don't need that with the kilo.. now your up in the 2400 price point (got mine new for $1250)..

In order to set it up yes.. That is the last time you need it lol. Also you still need the phone to set up the custom curve in the conx so... again the only extra item is the... tripod mount. Another thing you're forgetting on your assessment is you NEED a $400+ Bluetooth capable kestrel. Guess what. Don't need that with the kilo.. now your up in the 2400 price point (got mine new for $1250)..

Yep your right, If I use the AB Kestrel then I don't need the phone which is the better way to go really, Although I prefer to use Apps and an LRF just for ranging, The Bluetooth is a nice touch and adds options, With an App I can get the come ups in under 2 seconds as I can with the ConX but using it with an App I can get the come ups and a Drop sheet in under 5 seconds out to 2000 yards,

I still have mixed views about how to use it, the Kestrel AB is Cool but if you have time on your hands then playing with Apps is much more fun,

Some of the Items I am able to Range defy what you would expect and are beyond the norm, I think within the next 5 years we will see some huge jumps in what LRF's can do if the current batch are anything to go by.

John.

Although the ConX comes with a Case I got the Guys over here to import me one of these Mystery Ranch Molle Cases from Kestrel USA, it is very well padded and has a separate pockets for the Kestrel and the ConX,, The quality is very good and it is very well padded, There are no belt loops or a shoulder strap but when it is fitted to another molle compatible Item it is Rock Solid, it comes fitted with Velcro and a catch system, The lid covers the opening well and truly so there is little chance of water ingress, all up this is a top shelf piece of kit and well worth the money @$75.00 US, but I suggest that people buy either the conX and kestrel combo or separate But don't buy them with the Bag Combo because it will cost you about $74.00 bucks more, See below.

Bag Only price and Info.

http://www.nkhome.com/ballistics-pro...ry-ranch-pouch

Options price list.

http://www.nkhome.com/ballistics-pro...listics-meters

Hope this helps,

John.

I'm thinking about jumping on the ConX through Eurooptic on sale for 499 plus 25% discount through Bushnell. Is $375 a good price? That's after rebate of course.

I'm thinking about jumping on the ConX through Eurooptic on sale for 499 plus 25% discount through Bushnell. Is $375 a good price? That's after rebate of course.

That's a great price. Even if it isn't perfect for that money it does more than anything else

Order placed, it will be a good deal from what I've found if I get the rebate.

That's a great price, the ConX IS perfect and has more options than anything else on the market, It was designed to be used with the Kestrel Elite etc so it has it has all you need to make shots as far as the App will go,

I paid a lot more than $499 for mine and I have seen them for almost twice the price as well, Let us know how you get on with it.

John.

The ConX in that Video is ranging the following items as Below. But they were ranged in the scan mode NOT the Bullseye or the Brush Modes which will boost those ranges even further,

Bushnell listed figures are Deer 600 yards, Tree 1200 yards and Reflective 1760 yards

1) Sheep 1188/1189 M or 1299.31 - 1300.30 yards
2) Fence post 1489 M or 1606.51 yards
3) Black Cow 1119 M or 1223.75 yards
4) Grass hill 1428 M or 1561.68 yards
5) Tree 1386 M or 1515.74 yards
6) Tree 1392 M or 1522.31 yards

Looking at these figures The ConX is hitting Trees at over 322 yards further than what Bushnell Quote and that Wooden Fence post at 1606 yards Now that post is over 33% or 406 yards further than what Bushnell claim for a Tree and it is a lot smaller, and it is ranging Sheep at more than 118% or 700 yards further than the claimed 600 yards for a Deer and a Sheep is only a Quarter of the Size of a Deer, and all these Ranges were Acquired in bright Sunlight.

The Person did not Range a Reflective Target but you can be sure under Ideal conditions that it will go past the Quoted 1760 yards, And that Video reflects my Results, The Video Can't Lie, So food for thought there, Aye.

Hope this helps,

John.

I received my CONX a few weeks ago and was initially disappointed in its ability to range over 1000 yds. Could barely get repeatable readings from houses with windows at 1100 yds. Took it to a class this weekend and had no issues ranging steel plates in bright sunlight anywhere from 500 to 1200 yds (and the ground behind). However, I could not get a reading off of a water tank and truck at what we believe was between 1600-1700 yds. So far, it seems to be good for the effective range of my 6.5 CM.

Reactions: EN2722
I received my CONX a few weeks ago and was initially disappointed in its ability to range over 1000 yds. Could barely get repeatable readings from houses with windows at 1100 yds. Took it to a class this weekend and had no issues ranging steel plates in bright sunlight anywhere from 500 to 1200 yds (and the ground behind). However, I could not get a reading off of a water tank and truck at what we believe was between 1600-1700 yds. So far, it seems to be good for the effective range of my 6.5 CM.

sounds like you did well,

Yeah the first time I used mine I had the same issues, But when I learnt it's ways I had no problem what so ever, Getting use to holding it still was the biggest problem I had Now I have no problems zapping things way beyond 1400 - 1700 yards.

It is a very clever gadget and the speed it comes up with the data is incredible,

Did you use the Kestrel with it or run the Custom Gun mode ?

John.

Did you use the Kestrel with it or run the Custom Gun mode ?

John.

Ran the Kestrel, which was giving me consistent results that were within .1-.2 of a mil of actual DOPE (variation likely due to sun position and some challenging winds). If Bushnell can up the ranging capabilities that are on par with the Sig 2400's reported capabilities, the Krestrel/Bushnell combo would beat it hands down. I had a WeatherFlow and found it to be inaccurate, and I doubt Sig has as good of atmospherics as Kestrel.

Last edited:
Ran the Kestrel, which was giving me consistent results that were within .1-.2 of a mil of actual DOPE (variation likely due to sun position and some challenging winds). If Bushnell can up the ranging capabilities that are on par with the Sig 2400's reported capabilities, the Krestrel/Bushnell combo would beat it hands down. I had a WeatherFlow and found it to be inaccurate, and I doubt Sig has as good of atmospherics as Kestrel.

Yep, After using a vertical LRF I thought that Lasing with the ConX would be easier but It took me a couple of days to get use to it, I had it ranging stone walls at 1485 and a 60" X 48" sheet of metal at 1677 yards and that was hand held on a bright sunny day,I think that it will go a lot further under idea conditions, Every time I take it out the weather is either bright sun or foggy heavy mirage, The weather seems to be always against me,.

If there is no wind the ConX App is a blast,

How big were your targets at 500 and 1200 yards. ?

John.

Last edited:
Wanted to post up some information on my recent experience with looking for and finding a rangefinder for use when hunting deer at extended ranges (up to 800m).

Made a few information-gathering posts, read as much as I could find on the internet about personal experiences with a couple of different rangefinders, and finally ended up going with a Sig Kilo 2200MR and was doing some informal testing of it at the beach this weekend. So far, I'm a little skeptical about how it is going to perform on deer in the 700-800yd range.

I was ranging mainly things like houses, water towers, water, grass hold, bushes, i.e, things that I would have thought would have given much better returns than furry animals the size of a deer.

I was able to get returns inconsistently out to maybe 1500yds on water towers and sometimes out to 900 on houses. Lighting conditions for this were in the mid to late afternoon.

One caveat is that it was super duper humid. I don't know if this adversely affects LRFs, nor if that was the issue with this one having such inconsistent performance, but that was always part of the environment I was ranging in. It was always right at 90-97% humidity, but never rained.

Allot of the readings from the sides and roofs of shingles houses simply read "----".

Wanted to post up some information on my recent experience with looking for and finding a rangefinder for use when hunting deer at extended ranges (up to 800m).

Made a few information-gathering posts, read as much as I could find on the internet about personal experiences with a couple of different rangefinders, and finally ended up going with a Sig Kilo 2200MR and was doing some informal testing of it at the beach this weekend. So far, I'm a little skeptical about how it is going to perform on deer in the 700-800yd range.

I was ranging mainly things like houses, water towers, water, grass hold, bushes, i.e, things that I would have thought would have given much better returns than furry animals the size of a deer.

I was able to get returns inconsistently out to maybe 1500yds on water towers and sometimes out to 900 on houses. Lighting conditions for this were in the mid to late afternoon.

One caveat is that it was super duper humid. I don't know if this adversely affects LRFs, nor if that was the issue with this one having such inconsistent performance, but that was always part of the environment I was ranging in. It was always right at 90-97% humidity, but never rained.

Allot of the readings from the sides and roofs of shingles houses simply read "----".

I think I just replied to another post of yours about this, If house are at a 45* angle then they can be a bugger to zap with an LRF depending on the colour reflectivity etc but as a rule you should be able to zap houses out to 1500 and beyond, I think you need to tripod mount it and have another go, maybe your Heart Beat is causing to much movement to lock on to any targets, ?

When you walk / sprint to where you want to test it you need to let your heart rate settle back down to normal before you try to use it, within 5 to 10 minutes your heart rate would of settled down enough to aim it,

hope that helps,

John.

Everything all mounted up with the new cover for the spotter.

IMG_0412.JPG

Reactions: MilDot1960
Sorry, John. Didn't see this post until the new one below popped up.

Will definitely try to stabilize before shooting something small and far away again and see what difference it makes.

Next question: does it indeed make that big of a difference to be stable if you're single-shooting and object, given that you can hold the reticle still enough to be entirely on the object while ranging it?

It seems like the beam would go out and return fast enough, that moving the receiver would not matter. But, if you're talking about holding the finder still enough so that the reticle is consistently on the object you're ranging, then that of course makes perfect sense.

I think I just replied to another post of yours about this, If house are at a 45* angle then they can be a bugger to zap with an LRF depending on the colour reflectivity etc but as a rule you should be able to zap houses out to 1500 and beyond, I think you need to tripod mount it and have another go, maybe your Heart Beat is causing to much movement to lock on to any targets, ?

When you walk / sprint to where you want to test it you need to let your heart rate settle back down to normal before you try to use it, within 5 to 10 minutes your heart rate would of settled down enough to aim it,

hope that helps,

John.

Sorry, John. Didn't see this post until the new one below popped up.

Will definitely try to stabilize before shooting something small and far away again and see what difference it makes.

Next question: does it indeed make that big of a difference to be stable if you're single-shooting and object, given that you can hold the reticle still enough to be entirely on the object while ranging it?

It seems like the beam would go out and return fast enough, that moving the receiver would not matter. But, if you're talking about holding the finder still enough so that the reticle is consistently on the object you're ranging, then that of course makes perfect sense.

Sorry Mate, for the late reply I got so many pages open I don't know whether I'm Arthur or Martha,

Many people just grab their LRF and point it and hit the button and then say they are C&$P when they get a NO READ when that it is not the case, The Light that comes out of your LRF and back is travelling at the speed of Light and that is 299,792,458 metres per second OR 186,282 Miles Per Second and it does that on its way to the target and on it's way back to the LRF,

When you aim your LRF try aiming like you would the most accurate Rifle in the World, When I use it I control my breathing and my Heart Rate, to get a good return from an LRF you will get your best results by doing this, The only difference between your LRF and your Rifle is One is a lot faster and fires a beam of Light and the other fires a Bullet, If you put this in to practice you will increase your accuracy of your LRF and your Rifle, So treat them both the same,

Grab one of those Laser pointers and try aiming that Free Hand, Once you get a good rest laying down outside with it at night you will see just how much your heart rate can effect your shot or your LRF or your Rifle at over 6-700 yards, I control what my body is doing and it is like muscle memory you just know when it is right,

Hope that helps,

John,

Last edited: