• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Customer Service isn't

Blackstone

Malefactors Nightmare
Minuteman
May 13, 2004
Rock City, Land of Lincoln
:mad::mad:
I had an older Bushnell Holosight with the standard 65MOA circle and the 1 MOA dot.
It has sat in my gunsafe mounted on top of an AR15 with a dedicated .22LR upper.
I've probably used it less than 10 times in the last 5 years.
It looked new and the terminals were not corroded.

I took it out for a rimfire bowling pin match for my daughter to use and it wouldn't illuminate in spite of inserting fresh 1.5V "N" batteries.

I sent it to Bushnell for repairs, knowing that it was outside the 1 year warranty.

They said it can't be fixed because it is "obsolete." Huh?

Their solution: Offering me a "First Strike" Red Dot for the "discounted" (their term), price of $109.04. It has a 4 MOA red dot.
The problem: I can purchase that brand new on Amazon for $99.00 with free shipping.

Sheesh!
That is no discount and on a non-comparable
product.
The one year warranty is weak.
And the offer of a "discount" on an etirely different product is also lame.
How about a 10% off certificate on an optic of my choosing?

Did you explain to them your findings and see if there's something they could do?

I normally work with alpha landingham he's excellent. Try explaining to him your situation.

This is nothing new from Bushnell. Its a shame because they make a decent product but their customer support is one of the worst out there. They always seem to find a way to wiggle out from underneath their warranty. After having multiple bad experieces with them, it is going to be hard for me to want another Bushnell optic. Vortex, for the most part, makes comparible optics and stands behind them 100%. They are my new go-to brand in that price range.

It's a piece of electrons, it's the cheapest in the line-up, it's out of warranty and it's obsolete ...

0a2b76fd6d6ef6b4fe0abbff1b45d0469e4baad1f8576f08798b81cc6b1e4fb7.jpg

It's electronic = shitty warranty. Just the nature of the beast.

Sorry to hear that. I just had the opposite experience from them on one of their cheap red dots. I had the 1Xp on my .22lr and the reticle shifted way out. I could not dial it back in. I sent it in and a month later, a brand new one shows up at my door. Maybe the difference is that they still make this one?

If I were you, I would call and talk to someone. They should do better than that.

You guys are partial right in that it is an electronic device that does not carry the same warranty. However, Bushnell pulls this crap all the time with their rifle scopes and other optics that are supposed to have a lifetime warranty. I have talked to dozens of customers who will not buy another Bushnell because of this.

You guys are partial right in that it is an electronic device that does not carry the same warranty. However, Bushnell pulls this crap all the time with their rifle scopes and other optics that are supposed to have a lifetime warranty. I have talked to dozens of customers who will not buy another Bushnell because of this.

Very interesting, I had not heard this before.

Dozens? Do you work at a gunshop or range?

My experience with Bushnell has been polar opposite. They have always made good on the few problems I have with their products over the years. One one of their off brand scopes I had problems with the upgraded me to their Bushnell line free of charge and threw in free Millet mounts for my troubles.

Very interesting, I had not heard this before.

Dozens? Do you work at a gunshop or range?

I work for a distributor. We usually hear about it after the customer calls in to order a new scope. They usually don't order another Bushnell.

Last edited:
Don't feel too bad - I have my first, only, and last (pos) EOTech - their CS is yard bird dung, and it cost a few $ more.

BTW, don't buy anything that runs on "N" batteries. The off-gassing of those batteries will destroy most sealed electronics.

Might try contacting EOTech themselves. As I understand it, they made the original Holosights for Bushnell, so they might be able to repair it.

This is nothing new from Bushnell. Its a shame because they make a decent product but their customer support is one of the worst out there. They always seem to find a way to wiggle out from underneath their warranty. After having multiple bad experieces with them, it is going to be hard for me to want another Bushnell optic. Vortex, for the most part, makes comparible optics and stands behind them 100%. They are my new go-to brand in that price range.

My one experience with Bushnell CS is the opposite.
They replaced an Elite Tactical scope under warranty in about 6 weeks for me.

BTW, don't buy anything that runs on "N" batteries. The off-gassing of those batteries will destroy most sealed electronics.

Interesting. Do you have something to back up this statement? I have an "N" cell battery powered EOTEch that I bought in, crap, 2000-2001(?), and it's still plugging along; N cell batteries and all (and this was the non-ruggedized, early "civilian" version). Maybe I got lucky? The thing always has the batteries in it, and between an AR in 5.56, a 10/22 plinker, and now an AR in 9mm, the thing has always worked. Great HDS sights in my experience (and I have several of them now, though the others are all AA; N's are just a pain to find in a pinch).

Interesting. Do you have something to back up this statement?

MarinePMI, I guess you are lucky. I have the EOTech (? model) that runs on "N" batteries. I purchased it because of the reticle and small footprint. All was going great until I went to pull the batteries to lend to an officer on a qual day, because his were dead. Opened the battery compartment, batteries had leaked, and compartment was corroded. BTW, the officer's EOTech was also corroded from leaking batteries. I cleaned the internals, replaced the batteries, used it, and it sat unused for (don't remember one or two months - too long ago) ? Went to use again, batteries DRT, except caught it before batteries leaked. I was not thrilled about this.

Regarding EOTech:
I had a conversation with with an EOTech employee (not a rep) at an LEO event and explained my experience. He told me "yeah, we don't make that optic any longer because of that problem". He further explained EOTechs are never totally "off" due to maintaining memory of where the last intensity level was set. In my book, this is a severe design flaw. No attempt was made by EOTech to "make it right" and have a supportive customer, except send new battery compartment internals. I would have been happy to get a deal on one of the then new EXP models. Maybe I expected too much by owning product from a well respected company. I will concede it was an MD'd (manufacturer discontinued) product and out of warranty by a year, but it was discontinued for a reason.

After this enlightening information, I moved the EOTech to a toy gun, but now remove the batteries after each use. The EOTech was replaced with an Aimpoint which has not failed me and has the original battery - over five years ago.

You get what you pay for...
Very true.

Blackstone- Call Bushnell and ask for a manager. Tell them that you purchased their product expecting that it was the same or as good as an Aimpoint for less money and that you are very disappointed. If the manager gives you grief then ask to speak to the next person above them until you get the answer that you want.

i have had good customer service from Bushnell on a millet trs1 no less had a replacement in two weeks. i think it is chicken shit to call it bad service when your piece of shit broke and is out of warranty and they will not replace it. that falls in the category of your fucking problem. then you try to bash on the company. maybe you should bash yourself. or by something with a lifetime warranty if you want it replaced whenever it breaks.

Did you explain to them your findings and see if there's something they could do?

I normally work with alpha landingham he's excellent. Try explaining to him your situation.

Alpha is the Military rep. He is a awsome rep, but probally wont be able to help.

Its a 10 year old, cheap sight. Bushnell sold that tech to L3 a long time ago. They do not make parts for it, and honestly, what do you expect?

It's out of warranty and there hasn't been one under warranty for years. No reason to stock parts or train people to fix them.

Bushnell has a LIFETIME warranty on their good products. There are also a ton of cheap/decent quality red dots for under $100. Look at PA Microdot and the Bushnel-25,

i have had good customer service from Bushnell on a millet trs1 no less had a replacement in two weeks. i think it is chicken shit to call it bad service when your piece of shit broke and is out of warranty and they will not replace it. that falls in the category of your fucking problem. then you try to bash on the company. maybe you should bash yourself. or by something with a lifetime warranty if you want it replaced whenever it breaks.

I like your style..... want to go out for icecream sundays?

You get what you pay for. Thats what I love about Leupold.

Leupold isn't any better, I bought a brand new Mark 4 with in 2003 and after 3, I repeat 3, shots on a 300 win mag the illumination went out. I took it back to the dealer( 2 days after purchase) and the dealer called their CS and they said it was nothing they could do because electronics were not covered and told him to show me in the manual. The dealer felt like crap because I had literally just bought the whole package from him and exhcanged it for me himself.

Every company has its moments

On a side note, I don't store my range-finder or GPS with batteries in it. I put the battery back in when I am ready to use it. I had a couple go bad when the batteries leaked.