• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell DMRII vs DMRII pro

HMRamateur

Will work for powder
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2019
Hey guys, first time post. I've tried searching for posts like this but haven't been able to really find what I am looking for, so forgive me if this has been asked before. I currently own a Bushnell SFP 4.5-30x50 scope (box says XRS but I'm not fooled, it's not the real XRS), which I like until I turn the magnification up for two reasons: 1, it is very hard to turn, and 2, the eye relief really shrinks the higher it goes. As far as glass quality goes, it looks pretty clear to me until higher magnification, then it starts to get a tad blurry, but I don't really have a use for that high of magnification either. I am by no means a highly skilled shooter, and I am sure there are some details in scopes I would miss the higher the price range goes. I just ordered a bergara HMR pro as I would like something that is still good quality that I can have for a long time to learn with, and I feel the same way about the scope. I don't want to buy something that I am going to feel like I am going to have to upgrade in a few years. So to get to my point, do any of you think I will notice enough of a difference in the glass between the two that I should opt for the higher priced optic?

Thanks for any and all input!

Today is Bushnells last day for their 20% rebate on scopes. Better choose quickly and get it ordered tonight.

Was just told by a dealer they are offering it March 1-20, I'm in Canada so might be different here.

There is a difference between the two. The Pro has better contrast, depth of field, and less chromatic aberration. The differences are not so noticeable at the lower end of the magnification but start to show once you pump it up. Is it worth it? It really depends on what you're doing. If you're just shooting targets at a flat range, I would say not. If you want it to be adaptable to many lighting conditions, I would say yes.

Thanks guys, spoke to the dealer today and even he told me to make a quick decision to make sure it is available for the rebate and I went with the pro

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm