• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Elite 1600 ARC vs Swarovski LG

dbooksta

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2009
PA
I understand the Swarovski is going to have better range. But the Bushnell ARC advertises a few features that seem important, <span style="font-style: italic">particularly the different scan modes that either give closest object or that can "ignore" intervening brush to give further targets behind brush</span>. (The inclinometer and associated ballistic calculation also sounds handy.)

So if I want those scan features should i go Bushnell, or do they not work as advertised, or does the Swarovski offer comparable functionality?

And is it fair to assume that accuracy between the two (when they do give a range) is comparable? I'm hoping to shoot subsonics to hundreds of yards, where my danger zones can shrink to just a few yards, so accuracy is a critical factor for me.

Anything I'm missing?

Re: Bushnell Elite 1600 ARC vs Swarovski LG

There are three lasers That should be on every lr shooters choices table...they are in order of budget: 1600, laser guide, and plrf05. In that order. The 1600 is stunning but made in china unlike the earlier models, the laser guide does a solid job per the feature set, and the 05 out ranges them all. The 5x on the 05 sucks. Get a doubler.

All the bushnell's i have looked through appear green and hard to see through. I havent gotten one to range past 1200 either and that was hit or miss. Its porbably 1200 reflective 900 animals and such. the Swaro I have had read 1850 on reflective and 1300 animal.

my 1600arc is labeled "Made in Japan" and I've been able to range reliably out to 1800yds on trees.

A big grove of trees I could see, depends on the use of the lrf I guess. Just speaking from the ones we have gotten in our store. I'm sure some are better than others, we haven't had more than 3 or 4 in a year, may have been a bad batch at our distribution center.

I just bought the Bushnell 1600, the furthest I have ranged with it so far was a huge rock at 1721yds. However the furthest steel target was a 12inch target at 601 yds. I am so far happy with it, need to figure out how to get the brightness a little higher as I had it turned down to the middle setting. No issues with the Glass quality.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Acttacus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my 1600arc is labeled "Made in Japan" and I've been able to range reliably out to 1800yds on trees.</div></div>

+1

Just received my 10x42 Fusion 1600's last week. Made in Japan, August 2011. Ranges trees and large rocks out to 1800y middle of a bright day. Though it seems right at 1800 is its limit. Also, I found it doesn't do too well with anything closer then about 30 yards.

I played with the brush mode looking through tree branches at 40y to range houses at 300y no problem. They are solid and feel well built and come with a nice thick padded strap.

I've only had inexpensive binos before. Compared to those, the Fusions are amazing. Great clarity, very comfortable and do not fatigue my eyes, nice large eyebox and forgiving eye relief. I don't really notice any blue or green tint. Again, compared to average consumer sport binos, the Fusions glass quality is fantastic. I did find the the LED display can wash out a bit even on setting #4 but I could always make it out.

I ranged a cell tower at 1538y, Google Earth showed 1534y. Thats within 0.3%, close enough for me.

Edit, mine will range a single pine tree at the top of a near by hill at 1700+ with out a problem. Also have to thank Chris at SportOptics for the great deal and upgraded shipping.

I sold my Swaro LG to buy my Bushnell 1600s. Do not regret in the LEAST! Furthest I was able to range with the Swaro was about 1400 yards. The Bushnells I've ranged over 1700...

Any new opinions on the Bushnell 1600 LRF, I'm thinking about ordering one, I hate the fact that I cant try it out first but no one around here carries them.

I've had 3 months to test mine. They consistently perform and exceed the manufacture specs. I'm still very impressed with the quality of the glass. The battery life seems to be holding up very well. I've used them in the desert to range my 3'x3' steel (painted black) at 1200+ with ease. The more I use them the more I'm glad I went with the 10x42 vs the 12x50. 10x has plenty of power and any more I think it they would be difficult to hold as steady as I would like off hand.

Check the price over at Sport Optics. Last I looked it was a very hard price to beat and they are good guys to deal with. http://www.sportoptics.com/bushnell-fusion-201042.aspx If you not satisfied they have a generous return policy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dstewart51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've had 3 months to test mine. They consistently perform and exceed the manufacture specs. I'm still very impressed with the quality of the glass. The battery life seems to be holding up very well. I've used them in the desert to range my 3'x3' steel (painted black) at 1200+ with ease. The more I use them the more I'm glad I went with the 10x42 vs the 12x50. 10x has plenty of power and any more I think it they would be difficult to hold as steady as I would like off hand.

Check the price over at Sport Optics. Last I looked it was a very hard price to beat and they are good guys to deal with. http://www.sportoptics.com/bushnell-fusion-201042.aspx If you not satisfied they have a generous return policy. </div></div>

Yep, their price is definitely the best. I will go with Sportoptics's Bushnells after I get my spotting scope. A great deal though.

Not sure what kind of bino's these guys are used to looking through but the glass on my 1600's SUCKS! However, the range finder is the shit. Smoke's my buddies Swaro....

I still have a separate pair of just Bino's.