• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 for a dedicated Rimfire?

eleaf

Sergeant
Minuteman
I bought a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 for my AR but realized that a fixed 10x is just too much magnification for many hunting exercises and decided to switch it out for a Falcon Menace 4-14x FFP.

So now I have this Bushnell lying around doing nothing and was wondering if anyone uses/ has used this scope as a dedicated rimfire scope? How does it focus at 50 yards (I won't be shooting any closer I don't think)?

If it can focus well down to 50 yards, it seems like it would be a good scope for a dedicated bench/ground hog gun).

Re: Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 for a dedicated Rimfire?

I have one on a Ruger 10/22, great scope, no big paralax issues if you have a good and consistent cheekhold. Seems like the focus is fixed at around 75-100 yards from the factory.

Kirk R

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KRock459</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one on a Ruger 10/22, great scope, no big paralax issues if you have a good and consistent cheekhold. Seems like the focus is fixed at around 75-100 yards from the factory.

Kirk R </div></div>

What he said! Great scope for the money!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KRock459</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one on a Ruger 10/22, great scope, no big paralax issues if you have a good and consistent cheekhold. Seems like the focus is fixed at around 75-100 yards from the factory.

Kirk R </div></div>

I want to remember that it is 100 yards. I used mine ONLY at 100 yards the 1 time on an AR and it was great.

I'll move it to the RF ASAP.

I am using the same scope on my 1913 for competition shooting at 50m and 100m. At 50m there is some parallax error but if you are laying stable behind the scope this is no problem. Should work fine at 50 yard.
Mine is the one with target turrets, excellent scope for the money.

Re: Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 for a dedicated Rimf

You'll be able to use it even at 25 yards if you want/need to.

The only cons of the Bushnell 3200 10x40, is that the reticle is a tad too thick than I'd like.
Otherwise is a pretty nice scope for the price.

Yup what everyone else said... I have one on my AR15 and on my .22 bolt action. Never had a problem with 25, 50, and 75 yards but then again I keep my cheek in the same place on the stock every time.

I have the same scope, and frankly, 10x is too much for ground squirrels at 50-75 yards (at least it is for my eyes).

The lack of focus is a problem, as is target acquisition if the squirrel is moving.

I ended up replacing it for my ground squirrel gun, and now I have "another" extra scope sitting on top of the safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the same scope, and frankly, 10x is too much for ground squirrels at 50-75 yards (at least it is for my eyes).

The lack of focus is a problem, as is target acquisition if the squirrel is moving.

I ended up replacing it for my ground squirrel gun, and now I have "another" extra scope sitting on top of the safe. </div></div>

I had the 10x40 on a coyote gun and came to the same conclusion. I need to bring it back for up close/tracking. I will be putting a Falcon Menace 4-14x FFP on the coyote gun.

The 10x40 will be going on a target/ground hog gun.