• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24 FFP Reticle Choice

C1AY7ON

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2011
Fairfax, VA
I'm considering picking up one of the new Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24 FFP mil/mil scopes and am trying to decide between two of the available reticles - the new illuminated BTR-MIL reticle vs. the illuminated MIL-DOT reticle.

I am leaning towards the BTR-MIL because it's cheaper and I like the reticle design better. I love the look of the circle and floating dot in the center of the reticle on the BTR-MIL. Seems like it would allow for a more open sight picture at longer distances/higher magnification whereas the MIL-DOT cross hairs will cover up more of the target. The BTR-MIL is about $100 cheaper than the MIL-DOT version which I assume is because only the circle and dot are illuminated vs. the MIL-DOT which has a fully illuminated reticle. Also, not sure if it's just the stock picture I've seen but the illuminated MIL-DOT reticle looks a bit on the thick side.

Any thoughts between the two reticles? I think at the end of the day I'll be happy with either but I am looking for potential pros/cons to either choice that I might not have considered.

BTR-MIL Reticle:
reticle-btrmil.png

MIL-DOT Reticle (crappy resolution):
6617178_orig.jpg

Re: Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24 FFP Reticle Choice

Where are they $100 cheaper? All the ones I see are same price.

I had a 6-24 FFP mildot. I think I paid 649 on sale and that is about all it's worth if you ask me. At current prices I would give a serious look at the 3.5-21 HDMR model instead. 1200 at libertyoptics and SWFA I think.

I know of at least two vendors that are selling these for 769 shipped although no one currently has them in stock.

I was checking out the G2DMR but I don't think I'm interested in that style of reticle right now. It's just too busy for my liking and I plan practice making my shot adjustments by dialing in dope with the turrets.

The 3.5-21 does look like a nice setup...

Where are they $100 cheaper?
hmp.gif

Liberty Optics and Big River Tactical. They aren't on Liberty's site yet...Scott quoted me that over e-mail.

I sent an e-mail to SWFA to see if they could price match but never received a reply...

I'm trying to get that same scope but with the g2dmr reticle. Sane thing tho, no one has it in stock. Although the shop by my place said he's doing some searching and can probably get one to me for about 800. If he finds one I'm ordering it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rackit313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to get that same scope but with the g2dmr reticle. Sane thing tho, no one has it in stock. Although the shop by my place said he's doing some searching and can probably get one to me for about 800. If he finds one I'm ordering it! </div></div>

I just ordered the 6x24x50 with the G2DMR reticle. It's on backorder and will drop ship from Bushnell, but it sounds like it's at least 3 weeks out.

Same as the PST 6x24x50, i couldn't find it in stock anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usrifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rackit313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to get that same scope but with the g2dmr reticle. Sane thing tho, no one has it in stock. Although the shop by my place said he's doing some searching and can probably get one to me for about 800. If he finds one I'm ordering it! </div></div>

I just ordered the 6x24x50 with the G2DMR reticle. It's on backorder and will drop ship from Bushnell, but it sounds like it's at least 3 weeks out.

Same as the PST 6x24x50, i couldn't find it in stock anywhere. </div></div>

Just heard back from the shop. He told me her couldn't get it anywhere. Lol. I've found some sites that have them in stock but I don't want a paper trail (you know the relationship wives and your toys have...). Rather pay cash at the shop and play the "I've had this forever and just decided to use it again" story. Lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rackit313</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usrifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rackit313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to get that same scope but with the g2dmr reticle. Sane thing tho, no one has it in stock. Although the shop by my place said he's doing some searching and can probably get one to me for about 800. If he finds one I'm ordering it! </div></div>

Just heard back from the shop. He told me her couldn't get it anywhere. Lol. I've found some sites that have them in stock but I don't want a paper trail (you know the relationship wives and your toys have...). Rather pay cash at the shop and play the "I've had this forever and just decided to use it again" story. Lol! </div></div>
I've been waiting for this scope to come out, as well. I don't know of anybody who has them in hand, yet. My guess is that any vendor who is advertising them as "in stock" will put you on a backorder list, as they are expected "soon". I could be wrong on that (and I hope that I am, for the sake of all of us who want one!).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rackit313</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usrifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rackit313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm trying to get that same scope but with the g2dmr reticle. Sane thing tho, no one has it in stock. Although the shop by my place said he's doing some searching and can probably get one to me for about 800. If he finds one I'm ordering it! </div></div>

Just heard back from the shop. He told me her couldn't get it anywhere. Lol. I've found some sites that have them in stock but I don't want a paper trail (you know the relationship wives and your toys have...). Rather pay cash at the shop and play the "I've had this forever and just decided to use it again" story. Lol!</div></div>

Where have you seen it in stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C1AY7ON</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where have you seen it in stock? </div></div>

Hmmm if I say, everyone will buy one and then I won't get mine....
smile.gif
should I tell or not...

You very likely won't see them with the G2 reticle until about the 1st of June. This was directly from Bushnell. From a L/E order.

I have a HDMR with a G2 reticle and I recommend waiting for the G2 reticle.

A very popular scope website that sells many brands has both the btr-mil reticle and the g2dmr reticle in stock

The mildot is pretty thick, I'd wait for the BTR. Or get the HDMR G2.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rackit313</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Optics planet has them. $999. </div></div>

Good luck with that. The G2DMRs won't be out til June according to their site and the BTR-MIL is priced $200 over where it should be.