• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell ERS/XRS...scope mount ?s

morganlamprecht

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2013
new build in the works and am leaning strongly towards the bushy ERS or XRS scopes...i would like to run a 1 piece mount and have researched the brobo and larue tactical QD types and i also think nightforce and leupold make 34mm one pieces that are bolt on...my question is how would the 'return to 0' between the QD style of these mounts compare to the bolt on variants (assuming that it is torqued to the same setting each time) and also are there any other mounts in 34mm i am missing that are worth looking into?

Last edited:
Also check out Spuhr and GDI. I have heard that GDI are one of the few that return to absolute zero, not cheap though. Not sure of the RTZ on a Spuhr, just haven't heard about that. LL has posted about the return on the GDI

forgot about the SPUHR...buddy has one so i could check it out in person...that GDI looks nice but u are right...$$ lol

The bolt on variants are not advertised for their Return to Zero because they are not meant to be taken on and off like the QD mounts...So, I would imagine they could be better at returning to zero but still probably no better than a quality QD mount.

Also, really think about it....are you going to be taking the scope on and off after it's on and zeroed? Are you sharing the scope between other rifles or just taking it off for storage/transport purposes. I had wanted a QD mount for the Scope on my AR-10 but went with a bolt on and have never had the need to take it off.

Spuhr ain't cheap either. I've got 2 of them to share between 3 different rifles. I'll soon have a third to go with the new scope I'm buying for my REPR. Another Bushy HDMR 3.5x21 with a G2 reticle in it, same as on my 6.5 CM AO bolt gun. I have fallen big time for this combination. I'm busy saving pennies as we speak.

My REPR is currently wearing a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 with a BHR reticle that really belongs on my Gunsite Scout. I'll move that scope over, can't use the Spuhr on there but the scope just suits the rifle better and then a Bushy and another 20 MOA Spuhr mount for the REPR, lower this time for the REPR. The Spuhr 30mm 20 MOA currently on the REPR will transfer, along with the Leopold 3-10 currently on the Scout will go on my 22" Kreiger bbl upper for my SR-15. Now, since the Knights upper is wearing a Comp M4 Aimpoint, I gotta figure out what to do with the Accupoint 1-4 I have left over. Decisions, decisions, maybe figure out how to get it on the Rossi model 92 45 Colt I bought on an impulse.

The bolt on variants are not advertised for their Return to Zero because they are not meant to be taken on and off like the QD mounts...So, I would imagine they could be better at returning to zero but still probably no better than a quality QD mount.

Also, really think about it....are you going to be taking the scope on and off after it's on and zeroed? Are you sharing the scope between other rifles or just taking it off for storage/transport purposes. I had wanted a QD mount for the Scope on my AR-10 but went with a bolt on and have never had the need to take it off.

im actually going to use this on a switch barrel .260/.308 setup...at first i will move it between 2 different rifles just because i like to try new things but u are right, once i get it all set i will most likely leave it and my current .260 setup will likely see a lot less use...in the long run the QD will prolly be underutilized

I like the Seekins lows for my bolt gun and my semi auto 308. The semi has a Badger 22moa riser and a G2DMR. The bolt has an ERS. Seekins lows work on both guns if you want to swap scopes back and forth because of the riser.

If you don't have to swap I'd rather run the proper height rings for each situation. If I really had to have a QD to use one scope on multiple rifles I'd like to try one of the GDI's

It's probably not your top option because of price and not exactly QD, but the Spuhr is one of very few mounts I've used that returns to exact zero every single time. I don't use anything else since I accidentally got spoiled by one.

Check out Aadland mounts, they are very nice. Spuhr mounts are tits but the Aadlands are worth checking out for quite a bit less money.

The bobro mount will return to zero. My friend had one for his xrs bushy that he shared between guns on a pdog trip. There was lots of switching and lots of pdogs dying at 600 yards.