• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell ET18524 SMRSR 1-8.5x24 BTR-2

gr8fuldoug

Supporting Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2006
Old Bethpage NY
www.cameralandny.com
Need some guidance on this scope. We have an opportunity to grab some and be able to offer these at a sharp price, however a great deal is only a great deal if the product is worthwhile.

So, opinions on this scope? What price would we need to offer it at to make it interesting?

Thanks for your assistance

Reactions: LawnMM
I had one several years ago. It’s heavier than the listed weight (26oz not 22). Glass was good, reticle was funky but useable. Not daylight bright.

I think you’ll find buyers at $800 but not a ton of them. The Burris XTR2 is stiff competition.

$675 ??‍♂️

I'd buy one, PM me if you get these Doug, been eyeing one a long time but couldn't justify the cost.

You sell em at a good discount and it's game on for my AR.

I just recently picked up the Bushnell and would gladly scoop up a second and third unit for ~$650-700 each. :)

I think if you get these under $700 they'll go quickly, might drop the ARFcom crowd a line too (after we get ours ?) I always thought they were an attractive option for ARs or truck guns.

Just never saw a good deal on em!

Reactions: bunsen27
I spoke with Doug on Sat and he believes these should be available on the website Tue or Wed, barring any issues.

Looking at their Bushnell inventory did anybody else notice the open box DMR2's with either a G3 or H-59 for only $999......that's a smoking deal!!

Reactions: LawnMM
tenor.gif

I am awaiting confirmation and a tracking # from Bushnell. As soon as I receive that i'll let you know.

I did get confirmation this morning that we are good to go with the Bushnell DMR2 3.5-21x50 in H59, G3 and G3 Illuminated. Call us to get special pricing, 516-217-1000, you'll be happy you called :)

Dang it Doug....you are killing me! I just said I wasn't going to build any more rifles....even though I really want to build a true short, lightweight with a 1-8 for 500 yard max hunting!!!

That price is pretty good. Having owned one in the past, I would buy this if I needed a 1-8.

Dang it Doug....you are killing me! I just said I wasn't going to build any more rifles....even though I really want to build a true short, lightweight with a 1-8 for 500 yard max hunting!!!

Just ordered one for my own little SPR rifle. 14.5" with a Wylde chamber and Area 419 brake that doubles as my suppressor mount.

Gonna work up a 69gr load for 0-600yds, should be a great little do it all rifle once I get the glass

Anyone have the windage subtensions for this little guy?

Seems to be a huge mystery.

I had it emailed to me years ago.

ETA: Not sure if this is the right one as its marked 1-6.5

Attachments

• CDE4AAF9-A036-46F5-A9B6-9605BFF1EDA2.png
    CDE4AAF9-A036-46F5-A9B6-9605BFF1EDA2.png
    183.2 KB · Views: 210

Thanks guys!

WTF Bushnell. Never go full retard. And if there’s some missing logic behind this reticle design I’d love to know.

Might buy one anyways. The wind never blows in SD anyways.

Reactions: rydah
What setup are you guys running these on? How’s it working for your specific needs? I need an optic for a 16” Recce build and looking hard at this Bushnell. Seems like an excellent short and mid-range choice. I’m stirring the pot here trying to drum up some more feedback.

It's going on my short->mid-range AR when it arrives. I'll let you know what I think after I've had it a bit.

If I can make hits on a full size ipsc at 550 or so I'll be happy with it. I think a full size ipsc is pretty doable with a red dot to about 350.

Yeah you can push that farther but without target ID and without a reticle for corrections I'd consider it fairly ineffective.

Just looking to comfortably extend my ARs reach, should fit the bill nicely.

What setup are you guys running these on? How’s it working for your specific needs? I need an optic for a 16” Recce build and looking hard at this Bushnell. Seems like an excellent short and mid-range choice. I’m stirring the pot here trying to drum up some more feedback.

I've had one of these on my 16" BCM upper for about a month now. Although the illumination is not daylight bright, it is still a perfectly usable reticule at 1x for CQB stuff. Going out in range I find the reticle also very effective for making hits on 10"-12" steel out to 400yds. My range then jumps to 550yds. 10"-12" steel plates are a bit of a stretch. However we do have a full size IPSC also at 550yds and the 8.5x works very well for man sized targets.

One caveat I will throw out there is be sure to start with a rifle on the lighter side. This scope is all of 26oz plus whatever your mount weights.

Carbines are light anyway when you're used to hauling around an 18lb bolt gun

1576097164643.png

Bumping old thread... that reticle seems to be marked incorrectly?

It's 1 mil to first hash, then 1 mil between long hash... should make the 2 3 mils from center or am I reading it wrong?

View attachment 7200274
Bumping old thread... that reticle seems to be marked incorrectly?

It's 1 mil to first hash, then 1 mil between long hash... should make the 2 3 mils from center or am I reading it wrong?

There's definitely something wrong with that drawing, but it also doesn't match what's on the product page for the 1-8 SMRS.

BTR-2_FFP__94430.1550682514.jpg

Vertical numbers are definitely wrong on it. I had pointed that out to Bushnell, never got a response. The horizontal numbers should be correct though.

Just traded (last week) for this scope, curious as to what others think:
A) side by side with Trijicon AccuPower (1-8), and Burris XTR II 1.5-8 it appears TO ME that - Bushnell is NOT 8.5x as at 8x I am closer with other too;
It is more like 1.35-1.4x instead of true 1
Others?
B) what caliber/ammo/platform is this calibrated for as far as a drop/compensation scale, below is why its hard to believe it is MIL...
Because I do not believe its MIL as far as elevation scale and if it is - it ain’t matching impacts of my other scopes, notably Bushnell 6500 Elite (so, identical brand).

Perhaps I am not versed well (no military or sniper training) but if two FFP scopes are shot from a same rifle with a same ammo, both zero at 1 hash mark(to avoid center confusion) and same magnification(which should not ma a difference, but still) - should they impact fairly identical at 6 setting?

Should i get a hold of Bushnell as far as it being a lemon or others have similar experience or am I just a knob :)?

Perhaps I am not versed well (no military or sniper training) but if two FFP scopes are shot from a same rifle with a same ammo, both zero at 1 hash mark(to avoid center confusion) and same magnification(which should not ma a difference, but still) - should they impact fairly identical at 6 setting?
What the hell are you talking about? 6 setting?

Wait, you mean this?
1582316981879.png

If so then that reticle is a mil based reticle and 6 mils is 6 mils always no matter what the scope is because its a unit of measurement.
(especially on a FFP scope, 6 mils is still 6 mils on a second focal plane scope, it just changing the magnification means the subtensions no longer represent what they are labeled, not that the mathematical rules of geometry and physics have been bent.)

NOW whether the other scope you are comparing it to's marking of 6 corresponds with mils then its the same but that 6 could be indicative of a BDC (Ballistic Drop Compensation) which means 600 yards which will only correspond via pure coincidence.

So... to answer:
should they impact fairly identical at 6 setting?
... it depends.

Last edited:
Yes, 6MIL elevation setting/scale.
I guess I will take out few other rifles with FFP (will have to change calibers(as 308 or 556 is not my primary over abundant lineup), but for the sake of “science” :) ) and do impact comparisons with 3-4 scopes including this one...
Do not get me wrong, I own 4 6500 Elite(s) and a pair of cheaper ones- so not a Bushnell hater...

Image result for skeptical kid gif

Yes, 6MIL elevation setting/scale.
I guess I will take out few other rifles with FFP (will have to change calibers(as 308 or 556 is not my primary over abundant lineup), but for the sake of “science” :) ) and do impact comparisons with 3-4 scopes including this one...
Do not get me wrong, I own 4 6500 Elite(s) and a pair of cheaper ones- so not a Bushnell hater...
A rifle/bullets trajectory is independent of the optic on top of it. If you want to do this then swap different optics onto the same rifle, adjust to get zeroed at 100 with each one and then take each combo out to distance and see. Just comparing a 223 to a 308 will obviously result in a different trajectories.

I might not be versed as well, but damn, show me ONE DOA scope which will have an equally spaced/ruled elevation scale???
I do know a difference between DOA and MIL

DOA? Again, what the hell are you talking about? Degree of angle? You mean Minutes of Angle, MOA?

There are literally thousand of reticles that are in MOA.

Image result for skeptical kid gif

A rifle/bullets trajectory is independent of the optic on top of it. If you want to do this then swap different optics onto the same rifle, adjust to get zeroed at 100 with each one and then take each combo out to distance and see. Just comparing a 223 to a 308 will obviously result in a different trajectories.
I also know a difference between different loads (within same caliber for that matter) and bullet weight relations to a bullet impact.
Again, I have a suspicion that a scale is the above mentioned Bushnell is NOT true MIL, but I shall prove that in s weekend or two.
Question was- did anyone else noticed similar abnormalities or not.
:)

I might not be versed as well, but damn, show me ONE DOABDC scope which will have an equally spaced/ruled elevation scale???
I do know a difference between DOABDC and MIL
Correction, BDC not DOA...
A BDC scope will not have a reticle with evenly spaced subtensions because thats the exact opposite of what a bdc reticle is supposed to be for...

Just like an apple isnt an orange, BDC isnt a mil reticle.

You clearly dont know the difference between BDC and Mil by asking any of these questions.

Again, I have a suspicion that a scale is the above mentioned Bushnell is NOT true MIL
What makes you say that?
1582322777399.png

Last edited:
JC,
I was shooting two mil reticle scopes (not common in hunting BDC or DOA which would NOT have an evenly spaced scale).

At any rate, I believe have several 8mil reticle type scopes -I am planning to see/test if impacts are similar for all (0 at 100, will have paper at 100 still but will shoot 6Mil (if no 8Mil pair available, i know I have at least half a dozen with 4Mil scale/range) dot/hash at bullseye...
as I said, I believe this one 1-8.5 is off (low) but will experiment to see if its so.
:) some posts made me laugh, thank you - needed it with a Friday like today at work...

What's left of my brain from reading today's posts on this thread now hurts like a mofo!!!!!!

Reactions: spife7980
Sorry for the resurrection of this thread but is anyone running a switchview/throw lever on one of these scopes? Just picked one up and it could use one.

Sorry for the resurrection of this thread but is anyone running a switchview/throw lever on one of these scopes? Just picked one up and it could use one.

I'm pretty sure Switchview makes one for it. My scope has been chilling in the safe on my M1A awaiting an upgraded stock, though, so I haven't bothered to order a lever for it yet.

Reactions: dgheriani
I'm pretty sure Switchview makes one for it. My scope has been chilling in the safe on my M1A awaiting an upgraded stock, though, so I haven't bothered to order a lever for it yet.
Yeah, I'll order one from them. It definitely needs the switchview, it's pretty slow to go from 1 to 8.5x. Really liking the scope though, granted I only put 100rds through it today. It's fast with that horseshoe at 1x and at 8.5x I was picking off an 8" circle at 420 yards off a Gamechanger in pretty heavy snow. Not bad for 55s that shoot 1.5-2moa.

I have 3D printed ones on mine that I printed myself. I had to bevel the edges slightly to make them more comfortable to use, and they're a bit chunky, but they work as far as I can tell. If I had delusions of 3gunning with one, I'd spring for the Switchview, but for just general purpose blasting... good enough.