• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell HDMR 2 vs xrs

Lrdchaos

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2011
Oklahoma
I’m looking at two bushnell scopes, one being he HDMR 2 3.5-21 the other being the xrs 4.5-30. The scope will be going on a Predatobr 16” 7.62 right now, but might be on a 300wm in the future. What is the general opinion between these two optics? Both are FFp and have the Horus H-59 reticle.

The HDMR II offers some nice improvements over the ERS like shorter turrets (the turrets on the XRS/ERS are skyscrapers in comparison), included throw lever, much improved zero stop, etc. You lose a lot of resolution in the XRS at the higher magnifications so don't expect the 30x to be impressive. At ELR distances you would be dialing down to gain resolution on your target for sure. The zero stop on the XRS & ERS suck imo and if your're not paying attention when you set it, you can easily lock up the elevation turret requiring a return to Bushnell. On the other hand, the HDMR is sadly overpriced at $1569 at retail street price. Spend another 4-500 bucks and pick up a gen II Vortex unless you can negociate a really smoking deal with one of the hide vendors for the new Bushnell. The Bushnell will give you decent service out to a 1000 yds but if I was thinking of maybe transferring to a 300WM, I'd go with the Vortex (or better). Just my take on it.