• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell,here's what I wish for in 2011.

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
A first focal plane rifle scope with....

5-20 magnification range.

56mm objective size.

34mm-35mm one piece main tube.Even 30mm is fine for weight savings.

Fast focus ocular with generous eyebox.

Mil reticle similar to IOR MP8 but numbered every other line.Or Horus type reticle.

10 mils per turret revolution in .1 mil graduations.

30 mils total elevation.

Easy to adjust zero stop.

Low profile wide elevation knob.Low profile windage knob both with very distinct/tactile audible clicks.

Different colors indicating which revolution the turret is on and LARGE numbers for the mil graduations.

A step up in quality from your regular glass.

A step up in ruggedness/durability.

Edit...A fully lit reticle with "uniform" illumination on the reticle preferably within the side focus system or electronic push button system like on the new IOR's.

ETA...A parallax that focuses down to 10 yards!!!!

Price point at around $1000 street price.

Hiders,please feel free to add my wish list
grin.gif

Re: Bushnell,here's what I wish for in 2011.

So you want a sub $1000 Premier/USO/S&B/Hensoldt with Bushnell Badging.

A hooker.

Some good whisky.

Cool sun glasses.

A winning lottery ticket.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BFD711</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A hooker.

Some good whisky.

Cool sun glasses.

A winning lottery ticket.

</div></div>

Uh... maybe I better rethink the Hiders add the wishlist part,LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you want a sub $1000 Premier/USO/S&B/Hensoldt with Bushnell Badging. </div></div>

You did pretty much just name the features of all those scopes then want a price tag under $1000. I doubt your gonna see any optic company doing that anytime soon. But it's nice to wish isn't it
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A first focal plane rifle scope with....

56mm objective size.

34mm-35mm one piece main tube.

Mil reticle similar to IOR MP8 but numbered every other line.Or Horus type reticle.

30 mils total elevation.

Low profile wide elevation knob.Low profile windage knob both with very distinct/tactile audible clicks.

Different colors indicating which revolution the turret is on and LARGE numbers for the mil graduations.

grin.gif
</div></div>

Nice <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #FF0000">wish</span></span> list, but why Bushnell???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snipedogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Longshot38</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you want a sub $1000 Premier/USO/S&B/Hensoldt with Bushnell Badging. </div></div>

You did pretty much just name the features of all those scopes then want a price tag under $1000. I doubt your gonna see any optic company doing that anytime soon. But it's nice to wish isn't it
grin.gif
</div></div>

Yep we can always wish.If any company comes out with a scope like this they will win the scope wars for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: broke_again</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A first focal plane rifle scope with....

56mm objective size.

30 mils total elevation.

grin.gif
</div></div>

Nice <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #FF0000">wish</span></span> list, but why Bushnell??? </div></div>

Hopefully they are a big enough company that they could actually put out a scope like this for the $1000 street price.

Look at the 5-25 Falcon.Not a bad scope but lacking a little IMO in quality.It's $500 scope with many of the features in the wish list.I bet Bushnell could one up it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: broke_again</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A first focal plane rifle scope with....

56mm objective size.

30 mils total elevation.

grin.gif
</div></div>

Nice <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="color: #FF0000">wish</span></span> list, but why Bushnell??? </div></div>

Hopefully they are a big enough company that they could actually put out a scope like this for the $1000 street price.

Look at the 5-25 Falcon.Not a bad scope but lacking a little IMO in quality.It's $500 scope with many of the features in the wish list.I bet Bushnell could one up it. </div></div>

This is exactly what I though when I first read this post. If Falcon put some upgraded glass, zero stops, 34mm tube and better turrets they would be on the money and I mean that literally. For double the price of the pretty good scope they have now they could make something pretty bad ass and really clinch the under $1000 market. Is this going to happen? Doubt it, but once again, it's nice to dream!!

OK. For a zero stop, make the scope have 60moa of elevation and shooters will put it on a 30 moa base.

OK. Put as high speed a turret (most mils per turn) as you can muster on a 30mm tube.

To be able to offer at a lower price, make it available without a lit reticle.

Put a mil dot reticle.

So there you have it, mil/mil, zero stop, high speed turrets. All the goodies at sub $1000. Way to go Bushnell.

Hi Steve.

After the last two Bushnell Rangefinders I have owned, I would just wish for something that works as advertised. That and a decent warranty.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperaviator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK. For a zero stop, make the scope have 60moa of elevation and shooters will put it on a 30 moa base.

OK. Put as high speed a turret (most mils per turn) as you can muster on a 30mm tube.

To be able to offer at a lower price, make it available without a lit reticle.

Put a mil dot reticle.

So there you have it, mil/mil, zero stop, high speed turrets. All the goodies at sub $1000. Way to go Bushnell. </div></div>

That's what I forgot."Illumination".

I'm going to edit and add that up top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 6mmFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Steve.

After the last two Bushnell Rangefinders I have owned, I would just wish for something that works as advertised. That and a decent warranty. </div></div>

Hi 6mmFan,

I was unhappy with my Bushnell 1500 range finder too.But I'm very happy with my Bushnell 3-12x44FFP.It's not perfect but it doesn't give up much compared to a USO,NF and IOR that I have.

Bushnell needs to work on their warranty for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: steve123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A first focal plane rifle scope with....

56mm objective size.

30 mils total elevation.

Edit...A fully lit reticle with "uniform" illumination on the reticle preferably within the side focus system or electronic push button system like on the new IOR's.

</div></div>

Sounds like a Razor HD with a Bushnell tag and half the price......

I would be happy with a gen2 razor with 10mil per rev turret. I can't see all those features in a $1000 scope. I'd be willing to give up the zero stop if it were to get it into that price range. Maybe SWFA will come through again after they launch the 1-4 SS.

You want a BMW for the price of a Ford.

dont we all

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fx1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You want a BMW for the price of a Ford.

dont we all </div></div>

Are you telling me that I want my cake and I want to eat it too ??? ,LOL

Darn right I do.
wink.gif

Hey look at the Vortex PST's.They fulfill most of the wish list criteria and they are a sub $1000 street price scope.

Even Bushnells current FFP scopes aren't too far away from what could be scope Nirvana per $ spent.

Also the 5-25 falcon is just about there feature wise.

Remember...competition among scope company's benefit us shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skatz11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be happy with a gen2 razor with 10mil per rev turret. I can't see all those features in a $1000 scope. I'd be willing to give up the zero stop if it were to get it into that price range. Maybe SWFA will come through again after they launch the 1-4 SS. </div></div>

Me too but it's going to end up being a $2500 scope by the time they are done with it.

Just saying....

Heck if I could afford it I'd have a Hensoldt 6-24x56 FFP(I know they don't exist yet} with CCW turrets,wide low profile elev knob and Horus reticle on every long arm I own.

More power to SWFA if they come out with such an animal!

Scott of Liberty Optics recently posted a thread concerning the intent of Bushnell to offer some new scope lines for 2011.Maybe my 2011 "scope hope",LOL, will come to fruition.
grin.gif

It'll be interesting to see what they bring to the SHOT this year.

I'm pretty happy with my Bushy 3-12x44mm.

What I would like to see from a new Bushnell is:

4-16x44mm FFP Mil/Mil Illuminated
GenII type Reticle (new item)
10 Mils per turn Turret (new Item)
30 MM Tube
65 MOA elevation adjustment (halfway between the 80 MOA 3-12x44mm and the 50 MOA 6-24x50mm FFP)
And do it for around $1k street price

I really don't need a zero stop, for what I do with a scope, 65MOA is enough for most applications with a 20 MOA base (giving you around 52.5 MOA up and 12.5 down), but a 10 Mils per turn dial, and a reticle with .5 Mil graduations, would help greatly.

34mm and 35mm tubes put a scope too high for most stocks without an adjustable cheek-piece, and weigh too damn much. Somehow Nightforce can get 100 MOA out of most of their 30mm tubed scopes, and still keep the weight under 2 lbs.

Just my .02 cents,

Bob

Thanks for your input Bob! That would be a great scope! Truth be told,I wouldn't mind a 30mm tube to save weight either.

I'd love to see them make a scope like this:

-FFP
-30mm tube
-3.5-21 zoom range
-TMR type Reticle (how hard can it be to make lines instead of mildots!?)
-MATCHING KNOBS! (I don't know why manuf. don't get it)
-Large (many click) elevation knob (~7 Mils per rotation)
-Zero Stop *OPTION*
-Illumination *OPTION*
-Spend the money on the Glass
-offer both 50 & 56mm obj.

This would allow for a FFP scope with a usable range, knobs, and reticle with options for those who want/need them.

A stripped down model without ZS or Illumination would have the same glass and reticle choices as the scope with more options and therefor could be competitive in the sub-1k price range.

This sounds alot like the PST doesn't it
wink.gif

Believe me once you guys try 10 mil per rev you'll never want to go back.The first time you're in a match and realize your shooting a rev off you'd wish you had 10 mil instead of 5 mil.I just saw it happen recently to one of my shooting buds at match and he's a experienced shooter.Anybody can make a mistake under stress.It also makes good sense since all the other turret adjustments are divisions of 10.You'll especially appreciate it when you pass the 10 mil mark for ELR.The KISS theory works man!

Me personally...I hardly ever use really low power like 3x for instance.I'd like to see more mag on top than on the bottom.That was a good idea Charlie264 had in the March scope thread.Maybe something like a 7x-28x FFP scope.

Really I'm astounded by the glass quality for the price on my 3-12x44FFP!!! If they can get that kind of resolution out of a higher mag scope then I would be plenty happy.I'm not exaggerating it's better than my USO TPAL.

Maybe that's a solution to save money by offering options.It'll be a first time I think for a production scope?

Good for Vortex coming out with the PST! It proves that a well optioned FFP scope is possible for less than a $1000.

Thanks for contributing to the thread guys.

Good news is Bushnell reads these forums and listens...

Can't beat that.

I want to see Bushnell put a hell of a lot more pressure on the other manufacturers in quality, innovation, price and features.

The more competition the better for all of us in the long run which will equate to newer and better scopes coming out faster and faster.

I just want them to buy back my Elite 4200. I've not had it long enough for them to discontinue it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Togeneral99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to see them make a scope like this:

-FFP
-30mm tube
-3.5-21 zoom range
-Zero Stop *OPTION*
-Illumination *OPTION*

This would allow for a FFP scope with a usable range, knobs, and reticle with options for those who want/need them.

A stripped down model without ZS or Illumination would have the same glass and reticle choices as the scope with more options and therefor could be competitive in the sub-1k price range.

wink.gif
</div></div>

just wait....they had some good stuff out at the SH Bash this past week

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HDC-Deadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
just wait....they had some good stuff out at the SH Bash this past week </div></div>

Like?......

Make it a goal to have 45moa of UP adjustment with a 20 moa base. Now that means 50moa of elevation travel (1/2 of 50 is 25, 25 plus 20 is 45). And you HAVE a zero stop! So with the right base, and 50 moa of elevation, you can have a zero stop for free.

Avaialable WITHOUT illumination for a cheaper price. Since most of these are for training, a lot of people don't really NEED illumination. Now some might want it, fine, make it an option.

Good enough glass to get the job done. We need to see the center of our targets at 1000 yards. Current Bushnell glass is fine.

As for tube size make it 30mm. That is a standard. We don't want to have to buy new rings too! Put as much adjustment in the knob as you can, if you can get 10 mils per turn, great! If not get as much as you can.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HDC-Deadly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Togeneral99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to see them make a scope like this:

-FFP
-30mm tube
-3.5-21 zoom range
-Zero Stop *OPTION*
-Illumination *OPTION*

wink.gif
</div></div>

just wait....they had some good stuff out at the SH Bash this past week </div></div>

I can't tell you what kind of warm fuzzy feeling that gave me inside
wink.gif

More details prease!
grin.gif

I still wanna hear about the good stuff...

4200 glass is decent, and if they have a 10mil or similar MOA turn elevation turret (a 1moa elevation turret like the M3 maybe?) that would be badass.

That and the green numbers my 10X's turrets had were kind of annoying, I'd prefer white.