• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell LRHSi successor?

beretta_man11

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2010
MS
Since the LRHSi is discontinued, do they have a premium hunting scope lined up to take it's place? I know the LRTSi is really close with the exception of the reticle and exposed windage (both things that made me want the LRHSi). Hopefully they weren't counting on the forge to take it's place?

An argument could be made that it's either the LRTSi or the Forge series.

I have to admit that I don't care for the LRTSi reticle nearly as much as I like that of the LRHSi; the donut makes it much more usable (at low magnification), IMO.

I deer hunted the last 2 years with the LRSTi that replaced the LRHS on my 6.5 Creedmoor. My LRHS went on my 223. No complaints with the LRSTi, I think it is a little clearer than my LRHS.

As others have said, either the LRTSi or the Forge line. The Forge is intended to be the new high end hunting line before going into the Elite Tactical line. I've got a Forge 3-18 on my 22LR trainer that I have been pretty happy with.

The LRTSi has locking windage, works very well.

I didn't realize it locked like the dmr2 / xrs2.

I've only played with the forge, never owned one, but the overall construction and glass that I saw didn't seem to be on par with the LRHS.

I didn't realize it locked like the dmr2 / xrs2.

I've only played with the forge, never owned one, but the overall construction and glass that I saw didn't seem to be on par with the LRHS.

I don't like the feel of the turrets on the Forge as much as the ET line (Including the LRHS), but I have been pretty pleasantly surprised with the glass in mine. At 18x, I was able to consistently see 22LR impacts out to 500 yards on a clear day, and the tracking hasn't showed any signs of having problems. I will probably eventually replace it with something from the ET line, but I am not in a hurry to do so.

Reactions: beretta_man11