• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell LRTS 3-12

Lostin89

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2020
Blythewood, SC
Stuck in a predicament at the moment. I've got a Vortex Razor HD 5-20 sitting in the Bobro Scar mount that is just flat too much for the scar 17 it is sitting on (I'm settling it into a DMR role).

I've been eyeballing the LRTS line for a while now, and am stuck as I really know nothing about the bushnell line of optics.

Anyone have experience behind the LRTS 3-12? Happy or no? Would it be comfortable on a DMR style rifle with an offset rmr?

If your happy with not seeing your hole punches on paper, it’s a fantastic scope. It’s versatile and the glass is remarkable for the price point. Look at camera land for the best price.

I can see .224 caliber hole punches in paper at 100 yards easily with mine. Fantastic glass, great turrets that track true, pretty low weight and nice compact size. I love mine. Seen them selling for $700 and that is a steal. I would still endorse them for much more money than that. I have hunted in very low light and it was very bright all the way until legal light was gone.

Reactions: spife7980
Sorry, need to clarify, see punches at longer than 100 ?. But yeah, love the scope.

The LRTS for $599 is worth double. I think it’s fantastic. From the eye box to to the reticle. It’s all good stuff. Wish it had a capped windage like the LRHS

Thank you so much all for thr speedy replies...it's on sale right now for $599.99 with free shipping and no tax so I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger.

Love being a member on sniper hide, you all are awesome.

It would fit that use well. For $599 it’s an excellent deal. You won’t be disappointed. I have used one for over 2 years steadily without issues on my yote rifle. Good glass, solid turrets, reticle is very well suited for your needs as well.

I only have experience with an LRHSi in 4.5-18 with the circle of death reticle but the 3-12 model in either LRHS or LRTS with either G3 or G2H should work really really well. I just placed an order for one. Really wished it was an illuminated model but no biggy.

Reactions: 260284
I only have experience with an LRHSi in 4.5-18 with the circle of death reticle but the 3-12 model in either LRHS or LRTS with either G3 or G2H should work really really well. I just placed an order for one. Really wished it was an illuminated model but no biggy.

Same here, but for that price? I'll be as happy as ever.

Reactions: stello1001
Same here, but for that price? I'll be as happy as ever.

I only bought it just because haha. I keep saying I'm gonna build a .223 but that never happened lol. Hopefully soon! I also already have another scope BNIB collecting dust in a closet. Now with the Bushnell, I'll have two! :ROFLMAO:

The LRTS for $599 is worth double. I think it’s fantastic. From the eye box to to the reticle. It’s all good stuff. Wish it had a capped windage like the LRHS
It is a locking windage though for what that’s worth and it’s a pretty snug and secure lock on my bushnells.

Have two LRHS 3-12 and you’re going to have to pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Reactions: PFG
Call Doug up at Cameraland-he might not be there this week with SHOT going on. They did have the illuminated model for $749 iirc but give a call and tell him what you want.

They sold out of the illuminated version 10 days ago. They had less than 100 of the non illuminated at that time and around 50 left a few days ago. I wouldn't hesitate to grab 1-2 at the current price of $599.

TM6

They sold out of the illuminated version 10 days ago. They had less than 100 of the non illuminated at that time and around 50 left a few days ago. I wouldn't hesitate to grab 1-2 at the current price of $599.

TM6

Really wish I would have gotten an illuminated version FDE scope...

Although I now realize they didn't make illuminated ones in FDE...

Really wish I would have gotten an illuminated version FDE scope...

Although I now realize they didn't make illuminated ones in FDE...

The illuminated version is Matte Black, FDE non illuminated.

TM6

Ordered mine from them about 2 hours ago. I was told they sold 40 yesterday, has around 20 left today. When I asked if I should order online to keep t simple, he recommended that I order over the phone because of how fast they were selling. If what he said is true, they may be sold out by the end of today. Just my thought.

I had been sitting on these for awhile. $599 was too good to pass up. I ordered one around lunch time today. It’s already shipped too.

Haven't mounted mine but 1) I like the reticle more than I thought I would. 2) glass appears really nice; but it's not been sunny so I cannot really test CA. 3) The windage knob locks, but it's not capped which I have no issue with (except the first time I tried to get it to turn, I thought it wasn't locked because the seal was so tight I couldn't pull the cap out), 4) I would have bought another but waited too long and didn't get a chance to test mine and was going between possibly the Steiner.

Didn't help I had to buy tires...grrrr. 2 mm tread is great in summer (perfect track depth), not so great winter rains.

I had been sitting on these for awhile. $599 was too good to pass up. I ordered one around lunch time today. It’s already shipped too.

Yea I grabbed mine up late last night, well worth it in my opinion. It's in the power range I wanted, and for the price....can't beat it.

Damn y'all. All this talk of 599....I just bought the non-illuminated. The reticle is thick enough where it's not a necessity...especially at 599!!!! So now my illuminated has a less sophisticated brother.

Got mine today. Quality looking piece. Waiting on mounts

Stuck in a predicament at the moment. I've got a Vortex Razor HD 5-20 sitting in the Bobro Scar mount that is just flat too much for the scar 17 it is sitting on (I'm settling it into a DMR role).

I've been eyeballing the LRTS line for a while now, and am stuck as I really know nothing about the bushnell line of optics.

Anyone have experience behind the LRTS 3-12? Happy or no? Would it be comfortable on a DMR style rifle with an offset rmr?

I have the 4.5-18 on my match gun and the 3-12 on my hunting rig. There’s no better scope available for the $, even at full retail. Great scopes.

John

I have had the LRTSi 4.5-18 for a couple years and have been very impressed for the price I paid. I missed having a precision 556 AR and started thing about how I wanted to set it up. I had the plan of doing a 2-10 something or maybe a 3-12 LRTS...I seen the email an hour after Doug posted it and well...now I need to build the rifle ?

I ended up with 4 total of these from Doug. I slept on getting the 1-8 XTR 2 and/or the 1-8 Bushnells.

I ended up with 4 total of these from Doug. I slept on getting the 1-8 XTR 2 and/or the 1-8 Bushnells.

Only 4, you slippin! They gotta be close to being sold out of em by now.

TM6

Only 4, you slippin! They gotta be close to being sold out of em by now.

TM6

I think they only had like 20 left a few days ago. I thought about grabbing another but I'm gonna wait and hope they come back with thr SMRS deal again at some point.

I think they only had like 20 left a few days ago. I thought about grabbing another but I'm gonna wait and hope they come back with thr SMRS deal again at some point.

I feel like these won’t be coming back, but new scopes will always be added on blowout.

Mine arrives tomorrow. It is gonna replace a 20 year old Mark 4 on my Robar QR2.
the price is the same I paid for the Mark 4 20 years ago.
I am just fit to bust.
Robin

15798828167311335255356194623631.jpglooky what just showed up, and a day early!

Reactions: TM6
Can anybody who already has it get me some dimensions, only if it's not too much a bother???

From bottom of main tube to bottom of erector housing & objective bell diameter on the outside...

20200125_003521.jpg

Thanks...

I'm not saying I have great artistic skills...

But.

Does the scope that you drew need a 34mm front ring and a 30mm in the rear?

Or, is it an optical delusion? ??

• Haha
Reactions: ken226 and Schaaf
Can anybody who already has it get me some dimensions, only if it's not too much a bother???

From bottom of main tube to bottom of erector housing & objective bell diameter on the outside...

View attachment 7233405
Your first requested measurement is 0.107" to the best of my ability. I measured the distance of the bottom of the tube to the rail, and subtracted the distance from the bottom of the flat to the rail, and figured out the difference. So this is as close as I can get for you.
Hope it helps.
15799737354067298113256738233300.jpg

Thanks...

I'm not saying I have great artistic skills...

But.

Does the scope that you drew need a 34mm front ring and a 30mm in the rear?

Or, is it an optical delusion? ??

It's a new design I'm coming up with lol. It is the dual tube diameter LRTS!

In all seriousness hehe, thanks for those who helped out. To my surprise, my scope had been delivered on my front porch this morning when I woke up. Talk about speedy shipping. Oh, and it came with 2 stickers. I love stickers, they make my toolbox look stickered up haha!

Thumbs up!!!

Just a heads up, we are down to very few of these Bushnell Elite Tactical LRTS 3-12x44 Flat Dark Earth - G3 and the SHOT Show special price of $599.99 ends tomorrow night. If we have any more come Monday they will go back to $649.99 (which is still a great deal for this scope)

Just wanted to let those who are thinking about it know the $599.99 is ending tomorrow

Reactions: rrflyer and PFG