• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell LRTSi 18x vs GEN 1 Razor

Tx1021

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2009
Northern Colorado
Looking at buying my first nicer scope and have been eyeing these two. Can't really find too much info on the Bushnell though...

It'll be going on a 300 win in an XLR Carbon.

Qualities ranked from most to least important:
1) Tracking
2) Glass Quality
3) Eyebox
4) Weight

So between these two which would y'all prefer and why?

Thanks

I can't speak about the Razor Gen 1, however, I owned a LRTSi. I thought it was a great scope for the price. I didn't get to test or use it very long because I sold it shortly after I bought it. The initial tracking I did with it turned out very positive with no issues. I personally think the glass is top tier for its price range. Very comparable to a Leupold Mark 4. The eyebox was very forgiving and the weight seems on the norm. Hope that helped.

I believe I bought it from you :) Great scope...compared glass side by side with a Vortex AMG and the Bushnell holds it's own. Glass is bright and clear. Mine tracks well. Never had an issue with it. Excellent scope in that price range. I would pick the Bushnell over a 1st Gen Razor.

Either of these scopes will do fine for you. The 1st gen Vortex is currently a great used buy and underappreciated for what it is. The Bushnell is also a great scope. Either one will track fine and you should probably make your choice based upon your expected use for the scope. Compare reticle choices, size and weight vs. your expected use for the scope. The LRTSi is a much more long range hunting targeted scope and as such meets a more specific need. I happen to think that the Vortex G1 is one of the great used scope buys available right now.

Thanks for all the replies.

The rifle will be used mostly for just smacking steel at long ranges but might get taken on a hunt or two. The lighter weight of the Bushnell would be nice but do like the reticle in the vortex just a bit better...

Would y'all say that the glass and eyebox are pretty comparable then?

I don't have the razor but the bushnell impressed me so far. Glass is nice, many good reports about it.

No experience with the Bushnell but I've owned a gen1 razor and it was a great scope. Only complaints were the weight and the reticle was a little thick on higher powers. For a dedicated long range rifle used mostly for the range or fixed position hunting, I wouldn't hesitate to get another Razor. If you're planning on doing a lot of hiking during your hunting trips, the weight of the razor could take a toll pretty quick combined with the weight of your rifle and other gear. Mine tracked spot on, glass was good for its price point, and of course you have the best warranty to back it up. Good luck with your decision.

Glass=wash
eyebox=wash both a little tight
tracking=wash both spot on or it will be fixed
weight=The razor is heavier

The razor has more internal adjustment and click less zeroing. The Bushnell, unless they have changed to a 100 spline turret cover yet, may end up .1 mil off when zeroing the turret.

Currently with the price of the Gen 2 Razors you might consider one of those. Weight will definitely be more but great scopes. The 3-18 is out there for under $1800.

The eyebox on the 4.5-18 is pretty finicky. To me, a little more so than the Vortex. Bushnell is 30mm tube and 44mm objective. Vortex is 35mm tube and 50mm objective. I had a lot less elevation with the Bushnell and to me, the Vortex was brighter. Plus I wasn't really crazy about the Bushnell reticle. If you're not going to be luging it around hunting, I wouldn't worry too much about the weight difference. Just my opinion.

Opticsplanet has some real good deals at the moment with gift cards and 15% off. I can't speak to these scopes but, I have my eye on another one (or two). ;)

Vendors on this site will treat you well too.

How thick is the reticle on the Bushy G3? I already have the Gen 1 razor which I think is a great scope overall. Wish it was lighter and had lower profile elevation turrets, but I really like the open center reticle so you can get a very fine aiming point.

Thanks for all of the replies.

Think I'm going to go with the Vortex. Have had a bunch of their scopes in the past and have always been happy with the performance. Not too worried about the weight either.