• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell LRTSi 4.5-18 vs Sig Sauer Tango6 3-18x

JamesTabletop

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2017
Looking to buy one of these two scopes to put on my 6.5CM. This will mostly be range use (up to 1000yd occasionally), maybe some light hunting use, and competition if I ever feel the need. The features of the two seem to be a bit of a wash, and I'm having trouble finding much on how the glass quality of the Tango6 compares to the Bushnell. I've tried to check them out at local stores, but I haven't been either to track either down in person.

I like the Tango6's wider magnification range (especially for hunting use), but the lighter weight of the Bushnell is also a benefit. I've found both scopes for about the same price (~$1300), so price is not going to be a point of contention here. I'm also open to alternatives, but so far I've found these two to represent my interests fairly well. Any opinions/advice?

I have owned both only had the LRTSI shortly though. They are very comparable optics. I prefer the turrets on the bushnell but both have good positive clicks I just like the lower profile more on the bushy. On the sig are you looking at the gen 1 30mm tube or the new 34mm tube?
the reticle is better on the bushnell but if you shoot moa like me there is no option for you. Glass wise I would give the edge to the sig but they are both nice both better than my shv but not as good as my amg. The thing about the sig if your wanting a gen 1 get on eBay I got my 3-18 ffp moa for $800 as people are closing them out since the announcement of the gen 2.

The seller listed the Sig scope as having a 30mm tube, so I'm assuming Gen I.

When did you buy yours? I've been tracking this scope for about 2-3 months now and haven't seen the FFP 3-18x below ~$1300.

Yeah that would be gen 1. Sometime last month I was just patient and found one on eBay new that some store was closing out.

Here is a ffp gen 1 mrad ffp from the same company I won mine from. I know the description says 34mm tube but that's incorrect it is part number sot63002 so it is a ffp mrad milling 30mm tube. Like I said I won mine for 820 and couldn't be happier.

The ad says its for a first focal plane scope, but the item code is 63002, which the Sig website says is for a second focal plane scope. I don't think that's the model I should be buying.

Sot63002 is definitely ffp mrad milling. It sold for 880 better than 1300

Last edited:
Have the LRTSi and AMG. Put both side by side on same power to have a look-see. Bright clear day....looking at multiple objects. If people say the AMG blows away the Bushnell....it's not what I saw. The Bushnell was bright, clear, crisp....and held it's own with the AMG. The AMG reticle was better ....the Bushnell got a little thick on 18x....just a little. I may have been spoiled by the amazingly thin crosshairs of the AMG on 24x. Bushnell glass was impressive.

Attachments

• 20170330_171913.jpg
    20170330_171913.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 134
Reactions: kingston
Apologies, somehow confused the SOT63002 with one of the SFP scopes. Seems the 63002 has been discontinued entirely.

It seems like with what you said, the Tango6 at $900 or less is a much better deal than the LRTSi at $1300.

I agree the tango 6 is a better deal if you can pick one up for 900 if you have time be patient I've seen the lrtsi for 1100 or a little cheaper as well on forums or eBay if that is the route you want to go. They are both great scopes and you can't go wrong with either. I am like you I wish more stores carried upper end optics so a person could look them over before making this decision based on just others opinions.

I'm surprised you've seen the LRTSi so cheap! I can barely even find retailers selling it... Definitely haven't seen it, or seen it with a good price, on armslist, gunbroker, ebay. I'll have to search forums more.

I think I might prefer the weight advantage of the LRTSi over the Tango6, but I suppose I won't have any way to know for certain.

I believe the reason you can't find the bushy is the parallax markings were all backwards on the first batch bushnell got in from Japan. Honestly if I had to chose it would come down to which one I could get a better deal on both great optics. Imho

On another note I really wish bushnell had moa based reticles throughout there lineup as well.

I studied the image in my 4.5-18 LRTSi next to my old Bushy ERS, a SightronSIII, a new Tango 6, and my Gen 3 Kahles. Did one round while it was bright, the next while over cast.. read license plates at 400, and picked out objects to 1600+. The glass is good, very good for the price. It crushes the old ERS in color and resolution, it easily beats the Sightron in resolving power, brighter and poppier to me than the Tango 6 and maybe resolves a bit better, the Kahles beats it in brightness but with the little bit of CA on max power in the Kahles, the image may be a bit sharper in the LRTSi. The eyebox is awesome, the best next in feel to the Kahles, controls feel great, its lighter, not light, but not bad. Only drawback I find is the illum reticle is a tad thick, but of course in low light it has its advantages. They obviously bumped up the glass quality in these. It makes me excited to take a look through the Gen 2 ERS/XRSs that will be coming.

What about the Tango 6 do you not like?

Also, have you seen a price lower than $1300 for the LRTSi 4.5-18x?

mine didn't track, had a fishbowl type effect on high mag and I though it felt kinda cheap (finish). Plus i never really got over the futuristic look of the optic. Might have just been the one I got, but I returned it and went a different direction.

I have been looking at the Sig series scopes lately since I saw one in a field and streams magazine. I wish I had a dealer near to look through one.. my buddies want me to get one, but I'm going to keep reading reviews for now since I have time on my side.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Looking to buy one of these two scopes to put on my 6.5CM. This will mostly be range use (up to 1000yd occasionally), maybe some light hunting use, and competition if I ever feel the need. The features of the two seem to be a bit of a wash, and I'm having trouble finding much on how the glass quality of the Tango6 compares to the Bushnell. I've tried to check them out at local stores, but I haven't been either to track either down in person.

I like the Tango6's wider magnification range (especially for hunting use), but the lighter weight of the Bushnell is also a benefit. I've found both scopes for about the same price (~$1300), so price is not going to be a point of contention here. I'm also open to alternatives, but so far I've found these two to represent my interests fairly well. Any opinions/advice?

Heres another 63002 ffp mrad that popped up on eBay if your still looking. I'm still super impressed with mine for the money.

The people who say they don't like them are you sure they have tango 6 scopes not tango 4 scopes. The tango 6 series is excellent imo but I was not impressed by the tango 4's.

Thanks for the link. Leaning heavily towards the LRTSi now, for the weight savings.

I just got the lrts it's pretty sweet! Can't wait to test it out. Glass is nice.

For the guys with the lrtsi in this thread commenting on the thick reticle at 18x, how is it at lower magnification? 4.5x, 10, 14? I have been tasked with recommending a scope for my father's new old rifle. He will mostly get into longer range hunting with it (~1000 max) but we will do target shooting also to ~1200y. The difficult part of this is he is very picky about the reticle and does not have the greatest vision in his older age. He has complained about the scr reticle in my burris being too small on full 25x, for reference. He likes the swaro brh reticle he has but it is sfp, no turrets. I would like to get a ffp scope so we don't have to worry about adjusting holds for various magnifications. I would also like something with hash marks for holds and calling misses.

It's a lot smaller at lower Mag range. It's a bit thick at 18 but it's no big deal. This scope is awesome. Returns to zero, clear, zero stop is awesome. I like it a lot. Would buy another if I could...

I haven't seen one of the new LRTSi scopes yet, but have owned both MOA & Mil versions of the 4.5-18x44 LRHS, and still have the Mil scope. Don't have anything in the same class to compare the Bushnells to, but feel the glass is a bit better than that of my 3.5-21x50 ERS. The lower profile elevation turret & extremely simple, easy to set zero stop of the LRHS make me want to get a close look at the DMR II scopes when they become readily available.

I have been liking my LRTS 4.5-18 the more I play with it. The optics are truly incredible for this level of scope, I would agree with flatland1 that the LRTS produces a sharper image than my DMR IIi, I love the DMR IIi but the lighter weight, lower profile of the LRTS is winning me over, that and the fact that I tend to prefer a bit thinner reticle and while both my DMR IIi and LRTS have the G3 reticle, the LRTS is definitely "thinner" than the DMR IIi. My only regret is that I purchased the non-illuminated version of the LRTS because I liked the FDE version and now that I'm thinking I'll keep the LRTS I wish I had illumination, not a huge deal but I have come to prefer illuminated reticles for certain situations.