• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell Prime 1700 Laser Range Finder?

Superluminal

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2019
Washington, DC
Has anyone got one or tried one? I’m on a budget so at $200 fits the bill money wise.

Would be using mostly on paper and steel out to 1,000 yards, not critters.

Last edited:
I'd say spend a little more to get the Nitro 1800. I've used mine on steel to 1230 (Furthest I have had a chance to try so far) and semi-reflective (water tower) to 2k yards so far, plus the Nitro has Applied Ballistics and Bluetooth built in. It's only $350.

I bought the 1700. had it out to 1170 so far. This is my first one so its hard to reference from one data point. But as far as function and glass it seems very nice. very bright image and excellent contrast in the LCD screen. It has the built in angle finder that automatically adjusts yardage depending on positive or negative shoot angles, so no math needed. I think it is a steal for $200. I compared it to others over the counter and even ones that were $100 more, this had better image quality and same ranging capability.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
I'd say spend a little more to get the Nitro 1800. I've used mine on steel to 1230 (Furthest I have had a chance to try so far) and semi-reflective (water tower) to 2k yards so far, plus the Nitro has Applied Ballistics and Bluetooth built in. It's only $350.

The Nitro 1800 is a descent LRF for the price and the average hunter. It does have trouble when your past 500 and there is vegetation within line of sight. Also, the on board AB is severely handicapped unless you spend the money you upgrade (can’t adjust barrel twist and scope height which are basic adjustments.) So I’ll call it an $500 LRF if you are a serious shooter. With that said, you won’t find a LRF with these features at that price.

The Nitro 1800 is a descent LRF for the price and the average hunter. It does have trouble when your past 500 and there is vegetation within line of sight. Also, the on board AB is severely handicapped unless you spend the money you upgrade (can’t adjust barrel twist and scope height which are basic adjustments.) So I’ll call it an $500 LRF if you are a serious shooter. With that said, you won’t find a LRF with these features at that price.

Don't forget that connecting the 1800 to a Kestrel with AB will allow you to override the onboard AB engine and get solutions for much further distances without buying the software upgrade.