• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Rebate Issues

spife7980

Luchador
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2017
Central TX
I got my new LRTSi 4.5-18 ET4518GI in and went to register the UPC on the online rebate thing and it said that the UPC was not valid for the rebate. I called into the rebate center line on the online form and recited it to the lady who answered the phone and she agreed that it was a proper UPC (12 digits and all) but that it could be old stock and the UPC had changed or it just fell through the cracks but that she would return my call in a couple days once she is able to contact bushnell and verify that it shuold be added.

Not that I dont believe her as she sounded sincere but its a rebate center and Ive been screwed by them more than once and there is a dateline coming up soon that I could easily see them dragging their feet past. Ill keep everyone informed if I get a call back saying it should work now but until that point I just want everyone to know what my current predicament is and see if anyone out there is having the same issue.

Thanks for the heads-up, keep us posted. I just bought an LRTSi because of the rebate. There is nothing listed as an exception to the rebate other than Bushnell Golf products.

Keep us posted. Though you should have some time as the it only has to be purchased by the 6th of june and postmarked before July 6th to my understanding.

Thanks for the heads up, I ended up pulling the trigger ona 3-12x LRHS, a HDMRii and a SMRS 1-8.5, so hopefully it goes smooth!

The website kicks out the DMR IIi as well. I decided to cut my losses and cancelled my order. Cost me $48 for the CC fee but better than getting screwed out of $400.

No rebates for me ever again :mad:

The website kicks out the DMR IIi as well. I decided to cut my losses and cancelled my order. Cost me $48 for the CC fee but better than getting screwed out of $400.

No rebates for me ever again :mad:

Where did you order from that you were able to get your UPC before the scope came?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you order from that you were able to get your UPC before the scope came?

I got the UPC from Euro Optics website as they list all UPC's for all of the Bushnell products as far as I can tell. I tried a lot of other Bushnell products and they work but the LRTS and DMR II UPC's don't seem to work.

UPC's aren't unique to the item like a SN so you don't need to have the product in hand to get them.

ETA: I am more upset with myself for not checking this out beforehand. I probably wouldn't have even checked at all if I hadn't seen this post by the OP so thanks for saving me some headache OP!!!

I'm almost certain the DMR II is supposed to be covered. The rebate form says it only excludes the Golf products as far as i can tell. Less you can call bushnell and verify, that's kind of messed up. I will say that the LRHS was directly advertised by Optics Planet as having the 25% rebate. Did anyone call EuroOptic?

Buddy of mine got the 3-12 LRTS and the ConX combo form EuroOptic. I'm about to message him and see.

I'm almost certain the DMR II is supposed to be covered. The rebate form says it only excludes the Golf products as far as i can tell. Less you can call bushnell and verify, that's kind of messed up. I will say that the LRHS was directly advertised by Optics Planet as having the 25% rebate. Did anyone call EuroOptic?

Buddy of mine got the 3-12 LRTS and the ConX combo form EuroOptic. I'm about to message him and see.

I tried calling Bushnell but couldn't seem to find the right menu to get to anyone that knew anything which is why I said screw it cancelled my order.

I decided that the hassle just wasn't worth it to save some $$ when I have a Gen II Razor already on the rifle and was just looking to get a little lighter optic with features that I wanted a bit more.

The ConX (http://www.eurooptic.com/BU-202540KC...estrel-20.aspx) works but the LRTS (http://www.eurooptic.com/BU-ET3124GA...3--RETICL.aspx) doesn't according to UPC's.

Here is the website to check them - https://sporting.myonlinerebate.com/11492/

Last edited:
I was considering getting a LRTS, but now I'm hesitant. I tired all the UPC codes for the LRTS scopes and they all come back as invalid. The LRHS scopes work without a problem.

Keep us posted. Though you should have some time as the it only has to be purchased by the 6th of june and postmarked before July 6th to my understanding.

Ah, I misconstrued the bought by with the mail by date. Glad I get an extra month on this.

You're sure that's not the SKU? I see that EuroOptic list the UPC but isn't each individual UPC unique according that particular scope itself?

EDIT

Nevermind the UPC for the LRHS matches mine on the box i sent off today, as far as i can tell.

There are barcode types that can contain a serial number as well as a ton of other information (like those on your driver's license), however, Bushnell is simply asking for the 12-digit UPC-A barcode in which the first digit is the country code and the last digit is the check digit while 2-6 is the manufacturer ID and 7-11 is the actual product ID. They aren't unique by item merely the product.

This is they type of barcode that is used on everything from toothpaste to cans of Campbell's tomato soup (which I have memorized due to the field I am in).

Everything will probably work out fine in the end but I just don't want to mess with it.

As an example here is the info from Euro Optics on the LRTSi 3-12 and the actual box:
E3124GI.jpg

Last edited:
I called bushnell direct just now, they customer service gentleman said that he hadnt heard of any issues with it yet but affirmed that the rebate is a separate "entity" from bushnell proper, at least he would have to have his supervisor call whoever it is at the promotions center and get it settled. I gave him the model numbers for the lrtsi and the dmr2i but stated it was all the tactical scopes that appeared to not be included in the list. He said to give it a few days but that it should be working. He said all of those should be included.

Thanks for checking into it!

When they actually start working on the site I will reconsider my ordering but I will be refraining until that time.

You can also just download a form and mail it in. Don't wait too long, only lasts till June 8th.

What is grand is all this wasted space for a non issue matter.

What is grand is all this wasted space for a non issue matter.

If the rebate company doesn't have the UPC of the scope you send in for the rebate on the list you won't get paid without screwing around for a long time with both them and Bushnell. I would say that is a pretty big issue actually.

Sounds a bit screwy on either Bushnell's end or rebate company. Either way hope it works out for you folks.

If the rebate company doesn't have the UPC of the scope you send in for the rebate on the list you won't get paid without screwing around for a long time with both them and Bushnell. I would say that is a pretty big issue actually.

Don't bother. He tries to shit on anything I post regardless of what it is.

I spoke to Bushnell this morning and I must have talked to the same guy who spife7980 spoke with as he said I wasn't the first to call. He had already spoken to the person handling the rebates and said the UPCs should be updated today. I just checked and the LRTSi is not getting kicked now. Kudos to Bushnell's Customer Service for resolving this within 24hrs! Got my scope today and the glass looks really bright. Now I just need to make sure I didn't get one with a backwards parallax nob, lol.

Now I just need to make sure I didn't get one with a backwards parallax nob, lol.

Let us know if Bushnell fixed it, but I would just guess, don't be surprised if you are in the same boat as the rest of us. I don't really care about the backwards parallax markings. Still focuses fine, just opposite. I actually laughed when I first discovered it.

Let us know if Bushnell fixed it, but I would just guess, don't be surprised if you are in the same boat as the rest of us. I don't really care about the backwards parallax markings. Still focuses fine, just opposite. I actually laughed when I first discovered it.

Good job on getting it fixed Bushnell!

I need to look at my LRTSi 3-12x but I don't recall noticing it being backwards when I shot it last. As far as I can tell though there are only 1 or 2 of them in the country. Everyone has the 4.5-18x but there aren't many 3-12x scopes out there.

I can confirm that my upc for the 4.5-18 lrtsi was accepted so it does appear to be fixed. That makes this a steal for the scope as I will be out the door a couple hundred less than the used ones Ive seen for sale.

Good job on getting it fixed Bushnell!

I need to look at my LRTSi 3-12x but I don't recall noticing it being backwards when I shot it last. As far as I can tell though there are only 1 or 2 of them in the country. Everyone has the 4.5-18x but there aren't many 3-12x scopes out there.

I really want to find an LRTSi 3-12x before the rebate period ends, but I don't think my CC can take it as I also bought a CONX/Kestrel combo. Lol.

I really want to find an LRTSi 3-12x before the rebate period ends, but I don't think my CC can take it as I also bought a CONX/Kestrel combo. Lol.

I looks last night and my parallax is fine which I though it was so it must just be the 4.5-18x model with the problem.

I really like it thus far and am still confused as to why I have never seen another one listed anywhere besides mine that I got back in the middle of February and they only had one.

Spife, where did you find one in stock?

I actually snagged it off of scopelist (eurooptic sister site) for an even better price (14% off there) but yeah. The same building at least. It was nice on top of the 25%.

Looks like they only fixed it for the one. My HDMRii is not going through. I suppose I will give them a call.

Yep, I couldnt give him all of the codes but I assume that it is the entire tactical line that didnt get the UPCs carried over. I only saw that the DMR2 had failed so I only named those two codes over the phone. Would be nice if they would go ahead and get it all correct already.

Last edited:
WTF, I'm the one that fixed it. Oh, I guess the timing is just off, right?

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/sJQUEbl.gif"}[/IMG2]

Well considering I only know of one other person who has called in it may stand to reason that no one else has called in about whatever upc is missing for that gentleman.

Last edited:
I saw something on the rebate form about Canada only, what's that about. I'm about to pick up a ConX form Europtic if the deal is legit.

eta: placed my order for 499 so it should come out to 375 if I get the rebate. I'll let y'all know what they say.

Last edited:
I picked up the 6-24x50 ERS with the G2 reticle I've been wanting. Got it at Optics Planet after Brownells sent me an ad, but were already out of stock by the time I went to their website. Anyway, I just went to the rebate submission website and it accepted the UPC code without a hitch. Nice to knock 25%. I hope this is a big step up in scopes that I expect it to be.

Anyone actually mailed the rebate and it got there? Seems like USPS is having issues with mine.

Anyone actually mailed the rebate and it got there? Seems like USPS is having issues with mine.

Mine hasnt been returned to me... yet. I hope its not lost in transition somewhere. It would be a bitch as I dont have another UPC. I snail mailed it though so tracking isnt an option. I hope being a cheap ass doesnt bite me in the butt.

I just tried entering one for my HDMR II. It said it wasn't eligible. I called Bushnell, and they said that that's not right. Ignore the online thing, and just ignore the online part and mail the required documents in. Kinda skeptical, but may just do what the guy said

I got an email a couple days ago saying it was approved and I should be expecting my check shortly.

They received my rebate submission on 6/15 and I just got the email yesterday that it's been processed and check is on the way. So right around a month.

I picked up the 6-24x50 ERS with the G2 reticle I've been wanting. Got it at Optics Planet after Brownells sent me an ad, but were already out of stock by the time I went to their website. Anyway, I just went to the rebate submission website and it accepted the UPC code without a hitch. Nice to knock 25%. I hope this is a big step up in scopes that I expect it to be.

I got the same scope but having trouble with reticle moving... At max zoom, if I change zoom just a tiny bit (like apply pressure on the zoom ring and right before magnification actually starts to change), the reticle will "jump" from left to right. Small amount but noticeable. Sent the first unit back to OP for exchange and the 2nd unit has the same issue. Since I already cut the box for UPC code for rebates I can return it so just sent it back to Bushnell for repair... Can you test yours to see if you have the same problem?

I got the same scope but having trouble with reticle moving... At max zoom, if I change zoom just a tiny bit (like apply pressure on the zoom ring and right before magnification actually starts to change), the reticle will "jump" from left to right. Small amount but noticeable. Sent the first unit back to OP for exchange and the 2nd unit has the same issue. Since I already cut the box for UPC code for rebates I can return it so just sent it back to Bushnell for repair... Can you test yours to see if you have the same problem?

I'm still waiting on my rifle, so I don't have it mounted to anything yet. But I will test this when I do and will report back.

Just got the email from Bushnell saying the 2 scopes I purchased from GAP are not included in the rebate. Any guidance?

Just got the email from Bushnell saying the 2 scopes I purchased from GAP are not included in the rebate. Any guidance?
Find the 2018 thread would help. It has a letter that was given to members of the hide regarding the elite tactical line scopes

According to the rebate form the excluded items are very specific:
Bushnell Golf
Bushnell Elite Tactical Scopes
Bushnell Back Track GPS
Bushnell Trail Cameras
Bushnell TRS-25 products

Outside of these products everything else is eligible