• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell Tactical Elite 1-6.5x24 : What rings?

Valyndiir

Private
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Houston, Texas
Re: Bushnell Tactical Elite 1-6.5x24 : What rings?

First, how about you tell us what kind of rifle you have?

Since you mentioned three-gun, maybe we can assume it's an AR of some sort; if so, you may want to investigate one of the many one-piece mounts in order to get the correct mounting height and eye relief.

92 views and one reply
frown.gif
does no one know what ring height to go with and what brands are good? ADM mounts look like they are really light but what height do I want? I assume I need a 30mm?

I've been using this scope for the past 8 months for 3 Gun. Mine is in a Larue 30mm LT-104 mount. I prefer the ADM mount slightly to the Larue though due to the way the levers lock and the adjustment for the rail width.

If you don't need QD, both the JP 30mm mount and the Warne SKEL (light weight version of the RAMP) are great mounts.

As far as ring height goes - for the AR platform 1.40-1.50" height seems about right.

I run that same scope on my AR, but I shoot nose to charging handle and prefer the LaRue LT-139 for the longer eye relief.

Lots of good options out there. Another good option is the AADland engineering mounts.

Larue LT-104

You have to get the scope far from your eye to get a full picture on 6.5 . On a AR regular rings might not work, you will need a cantilever mount.

Burris makes a cheaper one called PEPR

the Larue mounts with the levers are the way to go, I have one of the QCB mounts on my M4 with an Aimpoint M2, pop it off and back on stilled zeroed.

For a 3gun rifle, Larue, Warne or ADM quick release is the only way to go.