• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell XRS zero stop issues

blksno

I don't have one
Minuteman
  • Mar 15, 2009
    SD
    So I've been running my XRS for a few months now and I finally noticed something after putting on a Leupold Bore Sighter.

Now that I've got my Z-Loc set...the top end doesn't "top out"

Previously, before the Z-Loc was set...the adjustment would top out when I got to the max on my elevation. I know because I always dial all the way to the top a few times to see how many Mils I actually have after getting zeroed with a new rifle.

Now that I've set the zero stop at the bottom....the dial just keeps going and going and going.

The reticle stops moving when it gets to the top, but the dial keeps going which throws everything out of whack.

Has anyone experienced this or is there something I'm doing wrong? I feel like I've followed the directions word for word and I still get the same issue.

Thoughts?

Sounds like something is broken or loose/not adjusted properly. My zero stop is set and the dial doesn't keep moving when the turret tips out

Mine did the exact same thing. The two set screws in your zero stop have came loose. At least that's the problem that I had. They would come loose and allow the turrets to continue spinning past when the erector topped out.

bingo, that was it.
    some how, one of the set screws wasn't tight anymore and was letting it slip past.f

Thanks