• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Bushnell xrs3 &dmr3

Ryaldup0453

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2022
Alabama
I’m stuck on the xrs3 or dmr3 for my new 6.5cm build has anyone had these side by side what’s your opinion? I think the dmr would be perfect for my build but really want to justify the xrs3 . The Main purpose is shooting steel as far as I can I have places I can shoot almost a mile but I’ll be hunting in box stands on long power lines too so being able to see in low light is important
  • What is the platform for the scope? Ag composites chalkbranch Curtis axiomhybrid
  • What cartridge are you shooting? 6.5cm
  • What is your intended use for the scope? Benchrest, Hunting, Target,
  • What type of conditions will you typically shoot in?, Lowlight mostly but daylight too
  • What are the typical distances you intend to shoot? 75-1500 yds.
  • Are there any specific specifications you would like? Being able to count the points on a deer around 400-600yards close to dark would be nice (even if I don’t shoot )
  • What is the price range you can afford? 2000$

Last edited:
I think you have a pretty good case for the XRS3. The 56mm objective makes things just a little bit brighter in low light and the 36 power can come in handy.

If it's going on a hunting rig I would much prefer 3x vs 6x on the bottom end.
The only time I would be hunting with it the minimum shot would be around 150 yards I have other guns I’d take in the woods and stands where they would be a lot closer.

Reactions: Dot3
If that’s the case, go with the xrs, I just got 2 dmr3, because of a few things…. 1 cost.. 21x is more than I’ve ever used at a match, even out to 1000. And if I take one of the 2 hunting, I’d rather have 3x min.
But with that said, I also had it in mind to pick up a xrs3 next year to swap out on my 24” 6.5 and throw that dmr3 on something else

I think you have a pretty good case for the XRS3. The 56mm objective makes things just a little bit brighter in low light and the 36 power can come in handy.
If that’s the case, go with the xrs, I just got 2 dmr3, because of a few things…. 1 cost.. 21x is more than I’ve ever used at a match, even out to 1000. And if I take one of the 2 hunting, I’d rather have 3x min.
But with that said, I also had it in mind to pick up a xrs3 next year to swap out on my 24” 6.5 and throw that dmr3 on something else
Ok thanks!Have you looked through both of them? Is the dmr easier to look through than the xrs?

Reactions: TacticalPlinker