• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Butler Creek Covers-Which Ones?

downlow

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2012
MN
Can someone tell me which two I need for objective and ocular for a 5.5-22X50 NXS?
Thanks ahead.

Save yourself the frustration of them breaking everytime your rifle moves. Get the Aadland covers from Jon.

I have some butler creek "tactical" covers coming in so I'll let you know how those look. And Like pyplynr said, shy away from the BC standard flip ups. They're shit.

Never knew aadland made those covers. They look very nice. Can't ask for much more than a lifetime guarantee on probably the single most flimsy part of your kit.

I have broken more BC covers than I care to think about.
Aadland is a top notch company with great products. Flip caps for 99.95 ain't cheap but I paid well over that for Tenebraex.
I like the design of the Aadland better.

I love the idea of the aadland, especially on a night force. When I'm changing the mag on my f1 with the caps open, I waited on the edge of my seat for them to break. Then they broke when I was hunting and didn't even notice it. Of course. So I'm going to try these butler creek tactical models and see if they're any improvement over the base model.

I guess reading the "stickys" wouldn't hurt either, eh?

But then I wouldn't have boned up on the aadmount...