• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Butler Creek "Tactical" Flip Caps

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Just got a goodie box from Bushnell Tactical with a bunch of the new Butler Creek "Tactical" one piece flip caps. I had to run out and snap a quick photo before I installed them on the Elite 3200 10x for some use.

They are an extremely flexible rubber. Much softer than the previous plastic. Ocular and Objective are the same design. No more red button.

I will be doing a video review soon.

Re: Butler Creek "Tactical" Flip Caps

Halleluiah, I cant stand the red button and the yellow one is even worse. i kick my eye piece to the right so it opens to about 1 - 2 o'clock so that i can see my turrets an clear the bolt handle but it puts that button right in line with my left eye and screws with my focus (i'm new at the whole both eyes open thing) I have had to sharpie every one i own.

Sweet, do they have any plans on producing them in earth tones? That would awesome since krylon doesn't last for shit on their caps.

Any idea on when the will be available?

They might be cool, the old ones broke pretty easily on me.

Do they stay open in that position as well folding back? I rig my current ones to stay open like that for eye occlusion.

any idea on market release date?

They are in production now. I think it's just a matter of them filtering out to the dealers.

They are producing the most popular sizes first. They don't appear to be numbering them like the old caps (possibly due to different fit ranges).

The following are what I have seen:
25-27mm Objective
28-29mm Objective
43-44mm Objective
16-18mm Eyepiece
13-14mm Eyepiece

28-29 and 13-14 are what fit the Elite 3200 10x.

Cross your fingers and hope the you will see them included on the Elite Tactical scopes sometime in the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mister Ouchie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do they stay open in that position as well folding back? I rig my current ones to stay open like that for eye occlusion. </div></div>

Yes, they will remain in the open position if you do not lock them back. However they are flexible enough that I am sure they will slap you in the forehead. It's not going to hurt, but I have found that distracting as hell in the past with other brands.

I will check for it when I do the review.

finally, these are gonna be great. not a fan at all of the old style flips. i currently run thir bikini style and like them but they wear out fairly quickly but their cheap. do they look like they would seal pretty well in a rainy situation?

I ran Butler Creek caps for years with no problems, but have gone through several pairs in the last year. They're just not made right anymore.

I do hope this new version will be more durable!

Cheers... Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's about time, I have a pile of broken lense covers, I have been looking for a different option. Now I can stop looking.
SScott </div></div>

+1...

I just broke 2 in the last week. I want to know too when and where I can get them?