• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buy American Gas!!!!!

jcfd2201

Playing with fire!
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
NE Arizona
This came in an email from a friend. I did a little research before posting and it appears it is very much factual info. If anyone has anymore info please post it. I try not to post things that are BS.

****Apparently this is not correct and I should have done some better research. I didn't even think to check Snopes and instead searched US oil importers/producers.*****

WHERE TO BUY AMERICAN GASOLINE. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW.
READ ON.
Gas rationing in the 70's worked even though we grumbled about it.
It might even have been good for us!
Are you aware that the Saudis are boycotting American products?
In addition, they are gouging us on oil prices.
Shouldn't we return the favor? Can't we take control of our own
destiny and let these giant oil importers know who REALLY generates
their profits, their livings? How about leaving American Dollars
in America and reduce the import/export deficit?
An appealing remedy mig ht be to boycott their GAS. Every time you
fill up your car you can avoid putting more money into the coffers
of Saudi Arabia . Just purchase gas from companies that don't
import their oil from the Saudis.
Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill
up my tank, I'm sending my money to people who I get the impression
want me, my family and my friends dead. The following gas
companies import Middle Eastern oil:
Shell……………………………… 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco……………….. 144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil…………………… 130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway…………. 117,740,000 barrels
Amoco……………………………. 62,231,000 barrels
And CITGO oil is imported from Venezuela by Dictator Hugo Chavez
who hates America and openly avows our economic destruction! (We
pay Chavez's regime nearly $10 Billion per year in oil revenues!)
The U.S. currently imports 5,517,000 barrels of crude oil per day
from OPEC. If you do the math at $100 per barrel, that's over $550
million PER DAY ($200 BILLION per year!) handed over to OPEC, many
of whose members are our confirmed enemies!!!!! It won't stop here
– oil prices could go to $200 a barrel or higher if we keep buying
their product.
Here are some large companies that do not import Middle Eastern oil:
Sunoco……………………. 0 barrels
Conoco…………………… 0 barrels
Sinclair………………….. 0 barrels
BP / Phillips……………. 0 barrels
Hess. ……………………….. 0 barrels
ARC0……………………….. 0 barrels
Maverick……………………. 0 barrels
Flying J. ……………………. 0 barrels
Valero………………………. 0 barrels
Murphy Oil USA * …………. 0 Sold at Wal-Mart , gas is from
South Arkansas and fully USA owned and produced.
*Not only that but they give scholarships to all children in their
town who finish high school and are legal US citizens..
All of this information is available from the U.S. Department of
Energy and each company is required to state where they get their
oil and how much they are importing.

But to have a real impact, we need to reach literally millions of
gas buyers With the help of the internet, it's really simple to
do. Now, don't wimp out at this point….keep reading and I'll
explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!
I'm sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send
it to at only ten more (30 x 10 = 300)….and those 300 send it to
at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000)….and so on, by the time the
message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have
reached over THREE MILLION consumers!!!!!!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends
each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes
one level further, you guessed it…THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE-
the entire population of the United States of America !!!!

Again, all you have to do is forward this message to 10 people. How
long would that really take you? If each of us sends this e-mail
out to ten more people, within one day all 300 MILLION people could
theoretically be contacted during the next eight days!

Re: Buy American Gas!!!!!

Well alright then! I typically only buy from my nearby BP station or at Sam's club.

You do realize of course that petroleum products are fungible, like most commodities, and the current absurd price equilibrium will be further upset by a sudden spike in demand for our nation's production of gas.

you guys sound like a bunch of fuckin nit-wits...this email has been floating around for better part of 6 years. If someone send out a blanket email saying free ammo is just over that 8000ft cliff, are you gonna jump over only to find out you've been suckered into believing SPECULATION and someone's dumbass uneducated opinion....

And if you truly want to know the truth behind oil and gas PRODUCTION then look no further than Texas City, Tx where BP, Conoco-Philips, Murphy,Flying J, and a mass amount of other Oil companies ALL HAVE THEIR OIL REFINED AT THIS FACILITY. Murphy USA may be based in the US but i can tell you for a fact that they run production facilities GLOBALLY, as does BP and just about EVERY OTHER Oil Production company out there.....if these oil tankers are not going into Texas City or any other refinery then they are stopping at the LOOP shortly off the Louisiana coast( which also pumps oil pruduced from the gulf) and then offloaded and pumped through that production platform and sent to various refinement facilities along the Gulf coast....

So all this garbage hoop-lah about foreign oil this and foreign oil that, every last one of those companies imports or refines oil from other countries, particularly Middle Eastern countries, to some degree, they just dont have to say where exactly it comes from. Its doesnt make a shit where the gas comes from because its coming out of the same damn refinery. So instead of fueling the "I'm a Dumbass" fire for believing someone elses blog research JUST WHERE EXACTLY IS GASOLINE REFINED.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> you guys sound like a bunch of fuckin nit-wits...this email has been floating around for better part of 6 years. If someone send out a blanket email saying free ammo is just over that 8000ft cliff, are you gonna jump over only to find out you've been suckered into believing SPECULATION and someone's dumbass uneducated opinion....

And if you truly want to know the truth behind oil and gas PRODUCTION then look no further than Texas City, Tx where BP, Conoco-Philips, Murphy,Flying J, and a mass amount of other Oil companies ALL HAVE THEIR OIL REFINED AT THIS FACILITY. Murphy USA may be based in the US but i can tell you for a fact that they run production facilities GLOBALLY, as does BP and just about EVERY OTHER Oil Production company out there.....if these oil tankers are not going into Texas City or any other refinery then they are stopping at the LOOP shortly off the Louisiana coast( which also pumps oil pruduced from the gulf) and then offloaded and pumped through that production platform and sent to various refinement facilities along the Gulf coast....

So all this garbage hoop-lah about foreign oil this and foreign oil that, every last one of those companies imports or refines oil from other countries, particularly Middle Eastern countries, to some degree, they just dont have to say where exactly it comes from. Its doesnt make a shit where the gas comes from because its coming out of the same damn refinery. So instead of fueling the "I'm a Dumbass" fire for believing someone elses blog research JUST WHERE EXACTLY IS GASOLINE REFINED.
</div></div>

So...just so I'm clear on this. You're saying this is all an insidious LIE?

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jcfd2201</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This came in an email from a friend. I did a little research before posting and it appears it is very much factual info.
</div></div>

You suck at research.

The vast majority of the time, if an email asks you to "forward" it to "x" amount of people, it is bogus

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The vast majority of the time, if an email asks you to "forward" it to "x" amount of people, it is bogus</div></div> How true that is. If only I could bring myself to block an idiot relative (by marriage) of mine, but I dread the one time I actually need to see one of her emails and don't get it.....

Probably should have checked snopes! My bad for not researching more. Thanks for the input and clarification.