• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Buy them all at once to save time?

Hawk45

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2002
Ohio
If going through all the paperwork and waiting, does it make sense to just order all the cans I want at once?

Re: Buy them all at once to save time?

If you can afford it, whynot. I've got 2 pending right now. If I would have had the extra scratch I woulda got 2 more at the same time.

Id suggest doing them all a month apart, that way 5 months from now you will have a few months of glory

Here's today's dumb question -

(sorry to hijack)

If this is on a trust, do you have to wait until the stamp comes back before you start paperwork on another item?

Probably-

The only flipside of that is that if you get one, you might take something away from that experience that helps you realize you don't need something else- or that you want to modify your list.

So it could go both ways.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dvdt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's today's dumb question -

(sorry to hijack)

If this is on a trust, do you have to wait until the stamp comes back before you start paperwork on another item? </div></div>

No

another plus is that you only need one set of fingerprint cards if you send several applications in at once.

I have been having this discussion with a friend. We decided it's better to wait a couple months between forms, that way it's Christmas morning every two or three months. Just my .02

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">another plus is that you only need one set of fingerprint cards if you send several applications in at once. </div></div>

That's the first I've heard of this. AFAIK a complete Form 4 package is a complete Form 4 package, one package per item, even if they are sent in together.

Can someone else confirm? Thanks.

Currently doing this now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gitrdone44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need the same info as 9h asked. Thanks </div></div>

I asked my dealer and he told me you you need a complete set for each item, but you can send them in the same envelope. The reason for this is they may or may not be reviewed by the examiner and the requirements are per item.

I just sent in two form 4's Tuesday. My dealer had two complete packages. I sent them in as two different items as per dealer instructions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raider1v1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gitrdone44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need the same info as 9h asked. Thanks </div></div>

I asked my dealer and he told me you you need a complete set for each item, but you can send them in the same envelope. The reason for this is they may or may not be reviewed by the examiner and the requirements are per item.</div></div>

I just sent in two and had to get two sets of fingerprint cards!

I have done this. I got two fantastic AWC cans last year a .338 Thundertrap and a .223 Raider both in steel. I used them for a few months then have gone on a buying spree. I will have about three cans a month for the next 6 months being approved. I now have a new problem I want one of everything CAN wise. Just do it. PG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 317millhand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">another plus is that you only need one set of fingerprint cards if you send several applications in at once. </div></div>

That's the first I've heard of this. AFAIK a complete Form 4 package is a complete Form 4 package, one package per item, even if they are sent in together.

Can someone else confirm? Thanks. </div></div>

I have done up to 3 NFA items at a time, more than once. Each time, I only sent in 1 set of fingerprint cards. I had no issues. The last time I did this was about a year ago. Unless something has changed in the last year, then you only have to send in 1 set.

I did two NFA items a while back. I don't remember exactly what the issue was -- I think I did two sets of fingerprint cards, but only 1 declaration of citizenship form.

The lack of having duplicate "everything" for both items held things up at the local chief LEO's (sheriff's) office.

As I recall, it eventually went through after I talked to my NFA dealer, and then back to the sheriff's office and convinced them it was OK. Everything was fine with the ATF.

Just a heads-up; even if you don't NEED duplicate everything, it might make the process a little smoother.
--

I say the BATFE should rewrite their forms to allow for multiple items on one form. For example, a 7" SBR and a can, all on one form. Or 3 cans, or whatever, just have a new form with all the pertinent information needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Aos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I did two NFA items a while back. I don't remember exactly what the issue was -- I think I did two sets of fingerprint cards, but only 1 declaration of citizenship form.

The lack of having duplicate "everything" for both items held things up at the local chief LEO's (sheriff's) office.

As I recall, it eventually went through after I talked to my NFA dealer, and then back to the sheriff's office and convinced them it was OK. Everything was fine with the ATF.

Just a heads-up; even if you don't NEED duplicate everything, it might make the process a little smoother.
-- </div></div>

Yep our local sheriff does it for free and does electronic fingerprint cards, so it is really no skin off of our butts to do full duplicate packages per item.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Raider1v1</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gitrdone44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need the same info as 9h asked. Thanks </div></div>

I asked my dealer and he told me you you need a complete set for each item, but you can send them in the same envelope. The reason for this is they may or may not be reviewed by the examiner and the requirements are per item. </div></div>

Thats just your dealer being overly cautious. If you get the fingerprints done for free, then theres no harm in sending in several. However, some departments are charging to do a set of fingerprints. I called the ATF's NFA branch and asked about the fingerprint cards and was told only one set is necessary. Also, you can make out one check for the total of your stamps.

If you have a regular FFL, you dont have to send any fingerprint cards or pictures with your form 1's or 4's.