• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Buy Your Moonshine Here

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/

While your great granddaddy was firing up a pipe, Junior Johnson’s was firing up a copper still. Few family recipes carry a jail sentence, but to the Johnson family, it was a way of life. With whiskey in his trunk and the law on his heels, Junior ran the finest moonshine in Appalachia to the dry Rural South.

Junior Johnson’s Midnight Moon follows the Johnson family’s moonshine recipe. Every batch is handcrafted in very small batches, made from corn and born in a copper still. Midnight Moon is triple-distilled to deliver an ultra-smooth, clean-tasting spirit that is often preferred over the world’s best vodkas. Enjoy Midnight Moon straight over ice or in a variety of cocktails.

Re: Buy Your Moonshine Here

Mine.

1996ed3f.jpg

That ain't shine. Its only 90 proof for crying out loud. I used to get the real deal from a patient when I practiced in Fayetteville TN. It was 90% or better. Triple distilled and then NOT diluted.
One good swallow would get you a buzz. If you sat and sipped a few ounces you could get shitfaced in a hurry. Like drinking PGA or Everclear. Pour that stuff in the prom punch and the girls dance like there is no tomorrow.

Yeah but didn't you take your date to Prom in a flathead Ford?

Spoke to a craftsman last week.
He's making a new batch this month and has me on his list.

Junior's 80-90 proof would make a nice chaser for it.

Dammit Shankster, you Asshole! It just tastes like Vodka. I spent $20 on Hillbilly Vodka.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dammit Shankster, you Asshole! It just tastes like Vodka. I spent $20 on Hillbilly Vodka. </div></div>

Let the drunken inbreeding begin...

You coming over? I need to clean first.

It's starting to smooth out.

It's pretty good actually.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's pretty good actually. </div></div>

How many have you had?

At work two guys make moonshine at the house.

I am going to join them to learn it myself next week.

so f--k you CKA
smile.gif

John

My neighbor made some on his kitchen stove that was 120 proof on the first run through. Tasted pretty good too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At work two guys make moonshine at the house.

I am going to join them to learn it myself next week.

so f--k you CKA
smile.gif

John </div></div>

Ha ha ha. Just send me some when your done. But don't try to send me any Bathtub Brew. Seeing as how bathtubs were never introduced to the Carolinas.....

Any of yall heard of a fellow by the name of Popcorn Suttin? He was from western part of Va. I use to get mine from him years ago. Shake that jug just once and look at those big beads staring you in the face. Just as clear as spring water with the kick of a mule, went down smoooth as silk. I got picked up one night with some and the dam cops called in the revenuer who took it and arrested me for having un taxed wiskey. went to court and he said that the state lab had never had any so pure, it came up as 190 proof. $75 fine and 6 months probation and the dams son of a bitch wanted to know were i got it. I told him that if i ever got cought with it i would keep my mouth shout and i told it to Popcorn also also told him if he didnt like it then arrest me, he did. But there is a sad ending to all this. Popcorn got busted by the feds and was facing hard time, in poor health he didnt think he would ever walk out of prison so one day he shot him self. I had 9 gallons stached and when that was gone i stopped drinking cuz after drinking his shine nothing tasted any were near good. You can still see him on the Dicsovery and History abt moonshiners and he put out two books and a vidio. Alot of us lost a good friend that day. RIP Popcorn, i still remember what you tought me. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dammit Shankster, you Asshole! It just tastes like Vodka. I spent $20 on Hillbilly Vodka. </div></div>

Let the drunken inbreeding begin... </div></div>

Inbreeding happens all the time in the Hillyard trailer park!

I used to run moonshine with my brother Bo, in the ol charger but turns out there are liquer stores now and we don't hafta "dodge" the sherriff no mo. which is good since we used all our profits on fixin the charger cuz we jumped it so many times.

Dudes!

I've been trying to put my finger on it and I figured it out. This tastes just like Soju!

Serious! I kept smelling it thinking I knew it from somewhere. I have't had Soju since 1997.... this is it!

Yup. Rice wine that tastes like vodka and isopropyl alcohol. The isopropyl makes it smooth.

I hear it tastes a lot like vodka but I have to get a bottle because I love the label. Wish I could afford a 40.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of yall heard of a fellow by the name of Popcorn Suttin? He was from western part of Va. I use to get mine from him years ago. Shake that jug just once and look at those big beads staring you in the face. Just as clear as spring water with the kick of a mule, went down smoooth as silk. I got picked up one night with some and the dam cops called in the revenuer who took it and arrested me for having un taxed wiskey. went to court and he said that the state lab had never had any so pure, it came up as 190 proof. $75 fine and 6 months probation and the dams son of a bitch wanted to know were i got it. I told him that if i ever got cought with it i would keep my mouth shout and i told it to Popcorn also also told him if he didnt like it then arrest me, he did. But there is a sad ending to all this. Popcorn got busted by the feds and was facing hard time, in poor health he didnt think he would ever walk out of prison so one day he shot him self. I had 9 gallons stached and when that was gone i stopped drinking cuz after drinking his shine nothing tasted any were near good. You can still see him on the Dicsovery and History abt moonshiners and he put out two books and a vidio. Alot of us lost a good friend that day. RIP Popcorn, i still remember what you tought me. MM </div></div>

Huh? He is from Maggie Valley ,NC about 20 miles from my front porch. He killed himself (suposedly)by carbon monoxide poisoning. Many believe he is NOT dead but went into hiding and in as much as the county coroner is kin to Popcorn Sutton it is possible. He did move about quite a bit between Tennesee and Western NC. What happened to him is indeed a tragedy. I have imbibed in some of Juniors likker before he went legit. Had some at a poker game about 2 years ago. I thought it was pretty good but nothing like Popcorn's likker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any of yall heard of a fellow by the name of Popcorn Suttin? He was from western part of Va. I use to get mine from him years ago. Shake that jug just once and look at those big beads staring you in the face. Just as clear as spring water with the kick of a mule, went down smoooth as silk. I got picked up one night with some and the dam cops called in the revenuer who took it and arrested me for having un taxed wiskey. went to court and he said that the state lab had never had any so pure, it came up as 190 proof. $75 fine and 6 months probation and the dams son of a bitch wanted to know were i got it. I told him that if i ever got cought with it i would keep my mouth shout and i told it to Popcorn also also told him if he didnt like it then arrest me, he did. But there is a sad ending to all this. Popcorn got busted by the feds and was facing hard time, in poor health he didnt think he would ever walk out of prison so one day he shot him self. I had 9 gallons stached and when that was gone i stopped drinking cuz after drinking his shine nothing tasted any were near good. You can still see him on the Dicsovery and History abt moonshiners and he put out two books and a vidio. Alot of us lost a good friend that day. RIP Popcorn, i still remember what you tought me. MM </div></div>

RIP "Popcorn"

When God make Popcore he broke the mold. I liked that little man and his honesty. I would love to have a gallon og his shine today. screw the adc scum bags and the feds. He made shine the way it was sapose to be made, no short cuts at all. I miss the sound of the old thump keg. Man he sure knew his trade. Told me abt being at a high offical of a county and the sherrif came by, sherrid got 1 gal and left and high offical got 5 gal, he called it " insurance " Great man i think of him often. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.juniorsmidnightmoon.com/

While your great granddaddy was firing up a pipe, Junior Johnson’s was firing up a copper still. Few family recipes carry a jail sentence, but to the Johnson family, it was a way of life. With whiskey in his trunk and the law on his heels, Junior ran the finest moonshine in Appalachia to the dry Rural South.

Junior Johnson’s Midnight Moon follows the Johnson family’s moonshine recipe. Every batch is handcrafted in very small batches, made from corn and born in a copper still. Midnight Moon is triple-distilled to deliver an ultra-smooth, clean-tasting spirit that is often preferred over the world’s best vodkas. Enjoy Midnight Moon straight over ice or in a variety of cocktails. </div></div>

Can't imagine why would anyone want to desecrate JJ's recipe with ice, or a cocktail, if it were the real deal, and claim to "enjoy" it, WTF?

Tastes like vodka and isopropyl huh....Laffin' My Fucking Ass Off.

That midnight moon garbage isn't even in the same <span style="text-decoration: line-through">ball game</span> hemisphere.

It might eventually get you drunk, but that's as close as it will ever get.........trust me.

i've had REAL junior johnson shine....the bottles stuff is not the same. funny story..my grandad was at the farm the day JJ first got arrested, along with his mom. My grandad (we're from Taylorsville...JJ lives in Wilkes) was the local farm vette and did all the cow/pigs up in wilkes and trap hill and boomer...he and junior were really good friends. but my grandad was at his mothers farm to see about one of their cows and the police showed up and put him in cuffs with him yelling out the car window "Doc ya called tha law on me!!) Of course my grandad didn't...how else would he have gotten HIS shine lol.

but anyways...THIS is how real shine comes:
b536e5ff.jpg

Bent a worm, carried mason jars and busted hard wood in my time,but it was Looong ago in a land far away.
I have had many a laugh at the kitchen cookers.

White liqour and brandy first runs are still a very prominent part of the rural NC. Knowledge passed on from father to son.....and a big part of country NC history. Most don't make big amounts to sell like back when, but many passing on the traditions of making their own. Best had straight from the jar after shaking the jar with friends and judging the bubbles and the clarity. 90 proof would be considered cut down stump water likker to any purist.

crumpmd...don't know how old you are, but about 50 years ago, I was in college at Southern Miss. Us Frat boys (Pikers we were) were in the market for some booze...Hattiesburg being dry, dry, dry. A "friend" knew a female known to one and all as "Mama Lou". She lived about half way between Laurel and You. Near the Boguehoma Swamps. Sold a Gallon for $5.00. Between about 6 of us we scraped up the fiver and sent the "friend" to negotiate and purchase the jug. He delivered and we looked at it and smelled it with many doubts. I was taking Analytical Chemistry at the time, and volunteered to do a fractional distillation of the contents. Before I could do so, another friend was heading back up to school at Vanderbilt, so I donated a fifth to him for his friends. A day or so later I got access to the lab and ran the fractionation. It was about 70% alcohol and about 90% of that was Methyl (wood)alcohol. We poured the remainder into the creek (Major fish kill) and I phoned my friend to warn him...he told me that, "I was too late...half the fraternity was blind!" He was lying and nobody went blind...except I fear that most of her customers were permantly incapacitated in a greater or lesser degree. Which leads me back to the originator of this thread...be DAMN sure that the source of the "white lightning" isn't juicing up the results of his still with methyl alcohol, nor is he running it through an old auto radiator instead of "winding" copper. JMHO