• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Buyer/Seller's beware Houston Armory

lazy21

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2007
Houston, Tx.
I felt it is very important for me to share my experiences with Houston Armory to give you all a fair warning. I always had a good relation with all the guys @ Houston Armory and would do anything to help a local and fellow shooters. But a few months back, everyone went their separate ways and door's shut down for a while. Now I could tell you what happened that caused everyone to go but that would be irrelevant. Early 2012, I started stocking HA with USO scopes. The general manager and I had terms and a agreement that worked great for both of us. Anytime a scope was sold, I would either get a check or products(which I preferred products). A few months back, I saw things were getting real tense. Which I don't really like to get in others personal business so I tried my best to avoid it but you couldn't help over hearing shit. So I get a call from a good friend that their doors were shutting down, he said "for me to go pick up all my stuff"! I rush over there since I had roughly $85k in scopes there. Once I get there, the owner starts laughing because I was "over reacting". As I'm checking our inventory list, two scopes were missing. The gm confirmed the scopes were sold and paid and the money was owed to me. So by then, I already knew everything they were going through so I told him not to worry, we'll take care of it later. Well a few days later, doors are shut! I really didn't think much until I remembered I had a personal Gap Surgeon there. So I started calling all the guys that worked there. One of the guys there was owed $10k so he was giving my Gap as partial payment. I called him and confirmed he had my rifle and asked him to hold on to it and not let it out his sight. So I then make a few calls and give them options, option#1 pay me what my Surgeon is worth and we drop that, option #2 give me products in trade(since there was no money), option#3 I call my insurance, leo, and ATF and I get my shit back and someone gets in deep. HA picked option#2, so after we settled the rifle the next day. The owner told me to give him time and he'll make things right on the scopes. So after months of not hearing from him, I showed up and he was not there. After a while, I left and as I was walking out the door. I texted him, he was on his way and said it was ok for me to wait. Once he showed up, he hands me a check someone has just giving him(He also owns a AC company) and it was for the exact amount. So I was glad to had settled this, after chatting for a while and him pointing fingers at everyone for shit going down hill(which it's partial true). He tells his accountant that he settled his debt with me, now this is where it goes to shit with me. Mr. Jim tells him"why are you paying him, how do we know those scopes were ever here". So Bill then is now pulling the let's play stupid card. Jim wants me to prove that these scopes were in his shop and I was willing to help with anything he needed until. He asked for the check back, I waited so long to get payment that there was no way in hell I was going to give him the check. So then he threatens to have to check canceled by the time I walk out the door . So by then I was hot and walked out..........after meeting with a few friends, it was brought up to run and cash it. I checked Well's Fargo and I had 30 mins to get it done. So I got it cashed and this is when the threatening text started

So then the guy who writes Bill the check sends me this

After this, I'm sure they're friends as he calls me and asked why I cashed his check. He also tried to act like he didn't know Bill. So I asked, "If you don't know Bill, how did you get my cell number"?

These guys are really trying to make my life hell but I'm ready, bring it on!

So, just a fair warning. If you're going to buy anything from them. Make sure it's in your hands when walking out the door.

Last edited:
WOW!! Sounds like you need to go directly to the local, Police on this guy. One to the ATF also!!
Good luck getting your stuff back!!

Damn, Julio!! That REALLY sucks. My dealings with you have always been 110% in terms of your comms, commitment to service before/after the sale, and offering high quality products at reasonable prices even in the face of gouging by others for the same products. Wishing you all the best with this @#$%'d up situation, as well as others that seem to be getting hosed by HA.

Adding them to ye olde SHITE LIST henceforth.

Thanks for the heads up and again...good luck!

Julio, Sorry to hear about your problem. Just stay on the high ground and it will all work out.

The Maggotater (the new name Kif gave me)

First things first Julio, did he endorse the check over to you when he handed you the check. Who was the check made out to? If I were you I would consult your lawyer. I'm not sure what the statutes are in Texas. But if the check was made out to the business and you got it cashed, it could lead to problems for you here! For both you and Wells Fargo.

Verify and document how you identified yourself to Wells Fargo, that is important. Don't sit back and wait for them to drum up charges bro. Be proactive! Not all seems fluid to me about this check transaction between you and the gm.

Just food for thought bro. I don't want to see you get in any trouble.

The check was not made out to anyone, it had a total and signed by the account holder. When Bill walked in, he was telling me that he just worked for it. When the account holder called me, he tried to act like he did not know Bill. But their problem was they didn't play their cards right. If you're going to act like you don't know a guy, make sure they're no ties between you :) . I've talked to a few Attorneys and I was told not to worry. It's not unlawful to cash a check that is signed and giving to you. I did file a report just in case they come back and try to say "I stole it" which based off the text. That's the route they were leaning towards. I just want to point out how shady these assholes have become and will try and find a way to get out paying anyone. I've talked to a few vendors and none have said positive things about them. When I went a filed a police report, officer didn't let me finish when he said"I would have gone straight to the bank to cash it" which is exactly what I did.

yep, get a lawyer and notify the police, if they file charges against you , you can't file charges against them until they clear the ones on you.

man, that really sucks, julio. you are a stand up guy and i hate you are going through this.

Houston Armory wants to deny ever having my scopes, WTF is this Bill Pace? Do you not remember seeing these in you shop every day? Can you prove to me you ordered these? Because I CAN prove they're mine! You have never ordered more than just a handful of scopes I can can dig up everything if I really wanted. Now to make things clear, Cris has nothing to do with this now. It's between HA and their false accusations!

and another small batch

Last edited:
Man, this is a shame. I know most of these guys, and this was a pretty good operation. I bought a lot of stuff from both Lazy21 and HA, and if I was asked, would have given good rep on both them.

Don't know the details of what went down there, causing the business to close, but sure seemed like a going concern on my last visit, place was busy.

J- I'll still buy from you sir, you always were #1 on the scope stuff!

I hope the rest of the consigned arms there find their way home OK, there was some cool stuff there.

Mike

Hey Julio, if these guys are no longer in business, why would you start a bitch fest? I always thought you were pretty cool, you hooked me up on a pre-order scope and made sure everything was good after I got it. Definitely a good dude. That's why I don't understand why you'd just drop trou and show your ass like this. Seriously dude, what the fuck were you thinking? Leaving that much inventory with them, especially after you knew shit was going downhill before it blew up. Then you took a check that originated from not them and made out to not you as reimbursement for your personal rifle that they basically stole and gave to another dude they owed money to, and you honestly had no spidey senses going off? Are you fucking retarded or something? Seriously dude.
It's really shitty that happened and I feel really bad for you, sorta, for getting sodomized like that. But dude...what the fuck

Andy, the problem is. They're back in business! And they tried to screw me of what was mine(easy way out) and the more people I talk to, they've done the same. So, take it as you want but just throwing it out there

Nothing like cutting your own kind.... I wish you the best Bud.

This kinda shit reminds me how the mafia took the taxes off gas prices and pocketed that shit and when Uncle Sam came looking for his money that gas station would go bankrupt just to pop up somewhere else... I'd atleast keep my lawyer in the loop bud.

This is sad and strange. I too had had good experiences with HA, but stories like this make me wonder.

Hey bro, chances are you're talking about Cris,Phil,Steve, and Mel. I'm still cool with all them and they're now running Radical Firearms which I talk to them on the daily basis.

That is interesting, I dropped by there about 2 months ago to check it out and got a weird feeling about the place. I guess first impressions are worth something

oHTeQyI.jpg

J,

$85K in inventory is enough cause to have your own storefront.

Hope this works out for you, but as was said above. Be proactive in this case, or be damned.

J,

$85K in inventory is enough cause to have your own storefront.

Hope this works out for you, but as was said above. Be proactive in this case, or be damned.

85k is really nothing when it comes to glass. You're only talking about 20-35 scopes depending on models. Now it sound's nuts on my end, but a lot of companies do this. But again, there's always terms

Andy, the problem is. They're back in business! And they tried to screw me of what was mine(easy way out) and the more people I talk to, they've done the same. So, take it as you want but just throwing it out there
How can they be back in business and keep their FFL if they're stealing firearms? I don't blame you for wanting your shit back or trying to get it back or whatever, might consider covering your ass a bit more in the future. And leave any rifles with me instead of them

How can they be back in business and keep their FFL if they're stealing firearms? I don't blame you for wanting your shit back or trying to get it back or whatever, might consider covering your ass a bit more in the future. And leave any rifles with me instead of them

Andy i don't know why you keep shitting on this situation. In business when you have a customer that you've dealt with for a while you will usually give them the benefit of any doubts.

You assume that LE or ATF are the executors of right and wrong. All H.A. has to do is tell the ATF is that its a "misunderstanding", "before the courts", a "civil matter" and that would put them off for a year at least.

As far as HA and "Bill" is concerned Julio has probably learnt his lesson. I would assume from your posts here that you've never been scammed in a business transaction, have legal council review every business dealing and only operate COD.

Andy i don't know why you keep shitting on this situation. In business when you have a customer that you've dealt with for a while you will usually give them the benefit of any doubts.

You assume that LE or ATF are the executors of right and wrong. All H.A. has to do is tell the ATF is that its a "misunderstanding", "before the courts", a "civil matter" and that would put them off for a year at least.

As far as HA and "Bill" is concerned Julio has probably learnt his lesson. I would assume from your posts here that you've never been scammed in a business transaction, have legal council review every business dealing and only operate COD.

The fuck are you talking about Phul 1? As wadded up as your man-ties obviously are you'd think that you were the one who got shafted in all of this. And who's shitting? Julio is cool, those guys are faggots, those points were made and I think I threw a joke in. Eat a dick.

The fuck are you talking about Phul 1? As wadded up as your man-ties obviously are you'd think that you were the one who got shafted in all of this. And who's shitting? Julio is cool, those guys are faggots, those points were made and I think I threw a joke in. Eat a dick.

RaTCjwg.jpg

You know, this does not shock me at all. That bunch didn't seem to know if they needed to shit or wind their watch. You didn't happen to run across a 40x repeater or a Unertl scope out there did you? They walked away too.

Julio, you've always been a fantastic guy to deal with. Good luck in getting this squared away, and thanks for warning us away from HA. No way I'm doing business with them after they treat you like this.

Hope it all turns out ok for you Lazy. Too bad it turned into a shit show. I had my eye on one of their suppressed 300blk uppers.

I hate seeing this kind of stuff in the gun world but it seems to happen more and more. It doesn't take but one unscrupulous person to make a mess.

I first met these guys at the SAL Shoot in Dallas (4/28/11) and wasn't impressed at all with them or their arrogant attitudes; thus I never did any business with them... I did see 3 of them (won't mention names) walking around at Shot Show this year acting like they typically do; dressed head to toe in HA gear, obviously conducting business on behalf of HA.

I hate that you got screwed and I hope that your fair warning saves just one person from the loss that you experienced... I certainly would get in contact with a lawyer ASAP and serve them with a civil suit ASAP!!! File complaints with the BBB, Texas AG as well as both the local and county leo agencies where they conduct business.

Good luck!!!

Here is a video I shot at the SAL Shoot of their ignorance!!!

Paragraphs are your friend. The lack of paragraphs killed any interest I had in reading this initial posting.

I'll sum it for you then: order a tacticalrifles.net rifle from Houston Armory in confidence!

Just gonna share mynhouston armory horror story. Ground them on the net selling nv. So I paid 3400+tax for their hand select pvs14. Got a used rig with NO marking and none of the other supplies I was supposed to get. I have called them 3 tines and they give me their Sob story.

Once was to tell they have been real busy and I just need to wait longer. AFTER 3 MONThS. Second time was "yeah, we'll try to send it but its only a green bag, jarm and a few things" I said I don't care I PAID FOR IT. Its mine, I feel like in over paid already. Give me what's mine. Third time was we're too busy for small stuff like this. Ohhhh. Weren't to busy to promise it to me and take my money. You piece of dog shit. They are a bunch of fake ass wanna bes. Pace even drives a Tahoe made to look like a le ride. Lights and all. He is such a joke. We discussed thermal the first time I called and he said thermal was no good. I said I think its a very valuable tool. He said, well the skeeters are bad here and you can't see through your window with bit so why would you want it. Maybe cause I'm not a pussy and Iactually get out of my truck to shoot . I wonder how his fake Leo friends like his truck hunting. Eat shit Houston armory.

That's no good Julio. You should see about reporting them to your local ATF field office. Possibly speak to a lawyer about bringing them up on criminal theft charges for your rifle and the two scopes that they owe you for.

Just gonna share mynhouston armory horror story. Ground them on the net selling nv. So I paid 3400+tax for their hand select pvs14. Got a used rig with NO marking and none of the other supplies I was supposed to get. I have called them 3 tines and they give me their Sob story.

Once was to tell they have been real busy and I just need to wait longer. AFTER 3 MONThS. Second time was "yeah, we'll try to send it but its only a green bag, jarm and a few things" I said I don't care I PAID FOR IT. Its mine, I feel like in over paid already. Give me what's mine. Third time was we're too busy for small stuff like this. Ohhhh. Weren't to busy to promise it to me and take my money. You piece of dog shit. They are a bunch of fake ass wanna bes. Pace even drives a Tahoe made to look like a le ride. Lights and all. He is such a joke. We discussed thermal the first time I called and he said thermal was no good. I said I think its a very valuable tool. He said, well the skeeters are bad here and you can't see through your window with bit so why would you want it. Maybe cause I'm not a pussy and Iactually get out of my truck to shoot . I wonder how his fake Leo friends like his truck hunting. Eat shit Houston armory.

That's so fucked up its (not) funny. Hope you get it straightened out.