• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics BUYERS BEWARE !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those that know, know. We certainly aren’t going to educate buyers on here how to get free product. Conduct your transactions as you please and so will the rest of us. I just had to point out the incorrect info you provided. Please don’t take it personally.

No problem. I'm not taking personally.
I just don't get where you're coming from when talking non-specific and hush hush.

I still don't believe i provided ANY incorrect info. Myself and others look at PP F&F as a PayPal Gift. You're giving money in the hopes the seller delivers whatever might be promised or expected.

How on earth do you make the argument that the other person screwed you when you are Gifting money and AVOIDING the method you should be using which is specifically meant for Goods and Services?

But saying, those of us that know, know.... is like having a secret that others cannot learn from or disprove.
There are thousands of forums like this where people buy and sell on classifieds/exchanges all the time.

Snipershide is NOT unique in having an exchange. Do you honestly think your secret is only known to a select few here on the hide?
Not able to disclose any direct evidence makes it hard for me to admit defeat or heaven forbid, learn!

Dang way to pad that post count!! I see you have no buy/sell feedback but by God you'll have over 1000 posts within a few days at the rate you're going!

LOL. I know, right!
Normally, I don't engage in this kind of nonsense.
But, when i see/hear suspected BS, i have trouble not calling it out.....or seek to better understand and LEARN.

Given you were able to locate the guy you can contact the police where he lives and file a police report. I did that on a Facebook purchase I got scammed on and the individual got arrested. Never for my money back but I sure felt better :)

If you search brainstodart it only comes up in this and the other thread...unless I'm doing it wrong.

Because we banned that account days ago.

Anytime someone PM’s you with an email address saying “talk to so and so, he has xyz that you’re looking for”.......it’s a scam.

Given you were able to locate the guy you can contact the police where he lives and file a police report. I did that on a Facebook purchase I got scammed on and the individual got arrested. Never for my money back but I sure felt better :)

It’s not going to actually be there guy. These scams set up social media pages or hack pages to look legit.

Yes, this ^^

It's quite obvious, the attackers above have little to no first hand experience like we do.
Similar to you, I have 19 years of buying/selling (not my day job either) on various forums w/ over $100k's of PP experience.

I did not come on here to start a fight. I just wanted to learn... since i think i have a pretty good idea of how PP works.
Heaven forbid that i provide my thoughts regarding disappointment in Buyers pushing 'Friends and Family Discretely' to people that are NOT friends nor family and thus NOT protected.

Those that came out with the pitchforks, you should be embarrassed.
Worst case, admit defeat and attempt to learn vs. defend an incorrect assumption.
Most of us are the occasional seller. We’re here because of our love of shooting. We engage in the give and take of the shooting knowledge we’ve acquired. You two guys have nearly a quarter of million dollars of sales between you. Sounds like you guys are here to buy and sell not to contribute shooting knowledge. That superior attitude of y’all’s on this single topic speaks volumes. I’d venture to say that the majority of us have more time relieving ourselves at the range than you have shooting. Thanks for your contributions.

Most of us are the occasional seller. We’re here because of our love of shooting. We engage in the give and take of the shooting knowledge we’ve acquired. You two guys have nearly a quarter of million dollars of sales between you. Sounds like you guys are here to buy and sell not to contribute shooting knowledge. That superior attitude of y’all’s on this single topic speaks volumes. I’d venture to say that the majority of us have more time relieving ourselves at the range than you have shooting. Thanks for your contributions.

Incorrect assumptions yet again....and also speaks volumes.
I'm certain you'd be surprised how long i've had a long gun in my hands.
Likewise, good add.

If you search brainstodart it only comes up in this and the other thread...unless I'm doing it wrong.
Is that how they get to sell shit without paying or honestly participating in the group?

I'm just here to see your "99.9% more" PayPal transactions. You toss up a thread like this over 350 bones? I can assure you there are folks here that do insane amounts of transactions through PayPal. Your, "I'm Mr. Deep pockets" response is just a reflection of your EGO. You have multiple ways to get the funds back. I suggest you use you spend your time doing that. I have been here a minute and on other forums. Never burned anyone and never been burned.

Reactions: jcmullis2
I'm just here to see your "99.9% more" PayPal transactions. You toss up a thread like this over 350 bones? I can assure you there are folks here that do insane amounts of transactions through PayPal. Your, "I'm Mr. Deep pockets" response is just a reflection of your EGO. You have multiple ways to get the funds back. I suggest you use you spend your time doing that. I have been here a minute and on other forums. Never burned anyone and never been burned.

I didn't loose anything. LOL

I didn't loose anything. LOL

Fuck you are right... I read all your responses and thought, this dude is pretty butthurt... This makes my point even more valid though. You are here stirring up shit and you aren't even involved in the original fuckery. Yup, massive EGO issues! You are now on my watch list.

Fuck you are right... I read all your responses and thought, this dude is pretty butthurt... This makes my point even more valid though. You are here stirring up shit and you aren't even involved in the original fuckery. Yup, massive EGO issues! You are now on my watch list.

Lol. Exciting.

"Point even more valid"... hilarious.
You were not only wrong, but your point was incorrect that i'm calling myself Mr Deep pockets.
I do in fact have more PP experience/transactions than most. Does that make me a big shot, egotistical or a know it all?
It's just a fact that you cannot or should not have to argue. Especially if you cannot back it up.....especially if you've never been burned, you don't have much experience on this topic to offer.

Ya'll with the pitchforks....give it a break.

Last edited:
Keep digging that grave, but don't hurt yourself with that shovel before you are done.

When you have nothing to offer...insult, respond to the wrong person, get confused, change the subject and create a diversion.
Glad you have "been here a minute" to be that accomplished.

When you have nothing to offer...insult, respond to the wrong person, get confused, change the subject and create a diversion.
Glad you have "been here a minute" to be that accomplished.
The fuckery continues, scoop, scoop, scoop... You are getting deeper.

Insult - check
Respond to the wrong person - nope (no quote)
Get confused - always
Change the subject - nope, still about your ego and how special you think you are
Diversion? I'm not that swift ( see get confused)

Reactions: skyewalker
Keep digging that grave, but don't hurt yourself with that shovel before you are done.
I never thought about people being here only to buy and sell but a couple have shown themselves. Piss on those scum bags.

Reactions: Sprayed99
Is it wrong for people who have favorable discretionary spending/funds for their hobbies to participate in this forum?
Is it fair to say that people with money who buy and sell cannot contribute to this forum?

It's comical how ya'll have deviated from the original point of contention in my first post to the OP.
I can remind you, it was buyers using PP F&F and Sellers requiring F&F.
Quite a few of you have reading comprehension challenges, ADD or just hateful and bored.

When you can no longer stay on point...change the subject.
Get out the pitchforks and go after the guys that like to spend their hard earned money on gear.
Is the hate brought about by jealousy?

My reference to transactions or money spent over the years wasn't to brag at all. Just provide a FACT regarding my EXPERIENCE with PP transactions.
Most of you alls posts display immaturity, going after someone like me....changing the point of the thread entirely.

I'll bow out and apologize for the misfortune the OP went through by getting scammed.
It sucks. I hope others learn from it.
Unfortunately, those of you with the pitchforks and misinformation detract from the greater good here.

Is it wrong for people who have favorable discretionary spending/funds for their hobbies to participate in this forum?
Is it fair to say that people with money who buy and sell cannot contribute to this forum?

It's comical how ya'll have deviated from the original point of contention in my first post to the OP.
Quite a few of you have reading comprehension challenges, ADD or just hateful and bored.

Get out the pitchforks and go after the guys that like to spend their hard earned money on gear.

My reference to transactions or money spent over the years wasn't to brag at all. Just provide a FACT regarding my EXPERIENCE with PP transactions.
Most of you alls posts display immaturity, going after someone like me....changing the point of the thread entirely.

I'll bow out and apologize for the misfortune the OP went through by getting scammed.
Unfortunately, those of you with the pitchforks and misinformation detract from the greater good here.

No sir not jealous at all, as I spend money on this hobby as well. It is more of the argument of us trying to hide something from you. I have been absolutely kicked in the teeth by Paypal as a seller on "other" selling platforms. All you need to do is a little research. I can't count on my hands the different ways the buyers have gotten away with outright theft and PayPal happily aids them. Before you start on the "scopes" don't violate their policy... Think again. Vortex Viper I sold on eBay, PayPal locked my shit down for selling "a firearm part" at least that is what the verbiage was in my correspondence with them. Wrong or Right no one I know has the change to challenge them, and having a good attorney does nothing. They just ignore it. The worst one was a Magnacharger I sold that was "damaged" in shipping. Thank god I got a partial credit from FedEx so it was only a 3300 hit instead of 5950.

Reactions: jcmullis2
No sir not jealous at all, as I spend money on this hobby as well. It is more of the argument of us trying to hide something from you. I have been absolutely kicked in the teeth by Paypal as a seller on "other" selling platforms. All you need to do is a little research. I can't count on my hands the different ways the buyers have gotten away with outright theft and PayPal happily aids them. Before you start on the "scopes" don't violate their policy... Think again. Vortex Viper I sold on eBay, PayPal locked my shit down for selling "a firearm part" at least that is what the verbiage was in my correspondence with them. Wrong or Right no one I know has the change to challenge them, and having a good attorney does nothing. They just ignore it. The worst one was a Magnacharger I sold that was "damaged" in shipping. Thank god I got a partial credit from FedEx so it was only a 3300 hit instead of 5950.
I felt like pp had more to do with me getting ripped than the asshole that got my scope on eBay. They refunded his payment and he never returned shit. He said it wasn’t as described but it was a cut and paste description from the manufacturer. Pp didn’t give a shit. They gave him the money and of course he kept the scope. That was 14 years ago so shit has probably changed now but it won’t happen again.

Reactions: Sprayed99
This fuck tried to sell me a high end scope to but I knew it was a joke when I seen it and reported him. I seen that he had already been reported by someone Else also.

WTF...I literally just post those MOFOS on the PX FEEDBACK SECTION! Yes I reported them. But don’t think those fuckers are not slick!!

Jesus fuck man. In one thread you have made me hate you. Congratulations. It takes most people several months to accomplish that feat. GFY

Something is not right about his Facebook page. Looks like you solicited by posting you're looking for one. What user ID did the seller use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.