• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Buying a New Rifle so many choices

JohnP123

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2012
Rapid city SD
Hi Guys newbie here on site,been lurking a while lots of great info here.Looking for a good all arounf Bolt action . so far ihave looked at a Weatherby vanguard syn stock stainless 300wiun mag, Tikka Camo scout, and a Savage Camo with a scope combo . looking for something fo long range olinking and also Hunting. Most of my weapons are WWw mausers, nagants, and Carbines as well as pistols. just want somethunG modern last kid just graduated College lol so now i am planning to save for a GAP project this fall.
Thanks ahead of time.
john

Re: Buying a New Rifle so many choices

Nothing wrong with the old rifles, but I would lean towards something a little newer that is easier to modify as you go along. Of your choices, it would be hard to beat the Savage.

Savage is the best out of the choices listed, shoots light out and is very user customizable.

I love both of my Savages...I have one in. 223 and one in. 22lr

Tikka T3 in .223 or .308
Just replace the stock (which is kinda average), and everything else is GTG

leave the .300WM until later, gives you something to 'move up' to.

Hey Guys thanks for the Feed back will be picking up my Savage tomorrow thanks. John

I'd consider checking out the new Remington SPS Long Range model. It will be more versatile to tweak and upgrade as you go.