• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Buying first suppressor

Parkerwb14

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2013
Hey guys, shot through a suppressor the other day and I'm sold. I'm going to create a trust through Silencer shop. Question is, which can? I'm looking at a 30-p1or Ps, or harvester. Can will mainly be used in low volume settings... Hunting coyotes, but do the occasional Prarie dog shooting with high volume. Will these cans hold up? What are your recommendations?

Thanks

30P-1 is going to be very hard to beat. If you want a slightly shorter can so that it is more convenient for hunting then go with the PS, but keep in mind that you will sacrifice some sound reduction to go with the smaller one.

You might check with Rangerwalker71 here. He has prices that are very hard to beat...even if you have to pay a transfer fee. I have bought several cans from him.

Just sent the paperwork in on my 30p-1 yesterday. It has tons of great reviews, just search this site.

Harvester. It makes an awesome Hunting/Match can. The Harvester is 6oz lighter then the 30P-1 also. Extra 6oz off the end of your rifle makes a big difference, the POI shift on the Harvester is so small that you barely have to adjust for it. Last time I saw one installed it was .1 mil. Just my .02

Harvester. It makes an awesome Hunting/Match can. The Harvester is 6oz lighter then the 30P-1 also. Extra 6oz off the end of your rifle makes a big difference, the POI shift on the Harvester is so small that you barely have to adjust for it. Last time I saw one installed it was .1 mil. Just my .02

That makes me happy to hear, Ive got one waiting on the paperwork to get back from pending, so I will do a review once its here.

I have read a review on the harvester not being for high volume shooting. Has anyone put a bunch of rounds down range with the Harvester? When I shoot p dogs, its not uncommon to put 300 rounds down range in a day. Most of this is split between the 243 and 6.5 SAUM. Price is not a concern, I just want a product that will last for what I am using it for.

I have read a review on the harvester not being for high volume shooting. Has anyone put a bunch of rounds down range with the Harvester? When I shoot p dogs, its not uncommon to put 300 rounds down range in a day. Most of this is split between the 243 and 6.5 SAUM. Price is not a concern, I just want a product that will last for what I am using it for.

One thing you don't mention is accuracy. All the research I did said the 30p-1 was the most accurate available which was the #1 concern of mine, being titanium its on the light side which was my number 2 concern. I will have a second one soon. I do believe it will hold up for a long time.

Last edited:
One thing you don't mention is accuracy. All the research I did said the 30p-1 was the most accurate available which was the #1 concern of mine, being titanium its on the light side which was my number 2 concern. I will have a second one soon. I do believe it will hold up for a long time.

Yes, accuracy is my number one concern! Out here in ND, you get a lot of long range shots on coyotes. Weight is not a huge concern of mine as well.
Thank you!

6 shots and 3 shots with the 30-p1. 3 shot group was to see where my zero went changing stocks. the six shots followed those 3, all with the can.

Attachments

• 17july.jpg
    17july.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 20

Just watched a video Silencer Shop did. They basically did a mag dump through the Harvester and the Big Bore. They said it's fine to do, but when you do the can gets hot so you need to let it cool to ambient temp. Look for the video on YouTube. Or search the threads here. That's how I found it. Makes me feel better about picking the Harvester!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have all my paper work in on a 30-p1,i about drove myself crazy on which can I wanted but when the smoke cleared common sense kicked in so I got the 30-p1.The guy I got it from is a big ACC nut and I thought he was going to cry when I told him I was going with thunderbeast.;)

Just becareful when you screw that thunderbeast on that if there is any resistance at all stop. I screwed my brand new 30P1 onto my GAP10 and it got stuck after the fact I found several threads of people getting their TB cans stuck on Gap10's, doesn't always happen but it does occur with some guns. Something about the threads being a little tight or something similar.

The Harvester compares more with TBAC 30 PS. The Harvester is a 9" can, but really only has a 7" baffle stack as the last 2" are a muzzle brake and the 30PS is a 7" suppressor - weight difference between the two is a couple ounces. Sound wise the Harvester is very similar to the TBAC 30PS. Both are pleasant to shoot on a low volume cartridge. The 30P-1 is the same length as a Harvester, but has a 2" longer baffle stack. It is noticeably quieter to my ears, the difference becomes very evident when the suppressors are run on a magnum caliber.

If this is your first suppressor, I would push you towards the 30 P-1. I personally like to run the 30 brake attach TBAC suppressors, they just give you a lot more versatility to mount the suppressor to different rifle platforms (think different thread pitched rifles).

I am a TBAC and Silencerco dealer and have the 30P-1, PS, PSS, BA, BAS and Harvester in stock. I also have some of the CB cans headed my way. Pricing right now is as good as you will ever see a TBAC for. Shoot me a PM if you would like me to quote you a price on any of the suppressors.