• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Buying Gold

Re: Buying Gold

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollerCam</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">QUOTE:</span> <span style="font-style: italic">"As to the idea that those with gold will be better off after the asteroid hits, I am dubious."</span>

Most people that I know didn't <span style="font-style: italic">"get into gold"</span> in order to make big profits. They did it as <span style="font-weight: bold">wealth preservation</span>. My former financial adviser hates physical gold; but he'll gladly sell me paper gold. He just can't get his "little bite" from the precious metals that I own, so he 'runs down' physical gold, every chance he gets. His luxurious lifestyle revolves around the 'worth' of paper.

I'm expecting to see hyperinflation hit our country. Gold and silver in my safe makes me sleep better at night. If you truly expect a big turnaround in the financial health of the USA, then you'll want nothing to do with physical gold or silver. </div></div>

Well said, lad, well said.

I bet your broker is the same type who advised their clients "the market is fine, just relax and let me handle it". He doesnt give a shit if you lose...he got his when you bought in. Fuck the brokers...look out for your own portfolio. Paper gold is worth just that....paper.

My experience has been that when commercials for an investment product are all over the cable channels it's the time to sell or go short. Remember all the programs about flipping houses?

Houses went up for a long time, too. Until they didn't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kthomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is an interesting article: Why the sun is setting on gold </div></div>

Judging by the comments to that article, you and Alex may be the only ones who believe that.

Less than a year ago, during an CFTC hearing, it leaked out that "Physical Gold" ETFs have a certificate to gold ratio of 100 to 1 (they sold that same one ounce of Gold to 100 people). In my opinion, that is artificially keeping the spot price down, so I expect it to continue to climb....

http://goldprice.org/gold-news/

I'd recommend taking Physical possession, should you choose to invest in PMs.

Cheers,

Bill