• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Phantom223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 7, 2012
Oklahoma
I have been holding off on reviewing my new BNVD's but now have several nights of field use in different conditions so will post some user feedback. First alittle history I have been running the ANVIS-9's all fall and really do love that setup I doubt any other dual system can match it as far as weight/balance the 9's just rock on a helmet. That said owning several PVS-14's I missed the ruggedness and flexibility the 14's offer so went in search of a more rugged/self powered "PVS-14 like" Bino system for helmet and hand held use. To make a long story short I ended up with a set of NvDepot BNVD's. The BNVD's are very rugged the main housing appears it could be thrown 20 yards picked up and still work fine,the optics are PVS-14 front and rear and the on/off switch is PVS-14 which is very nice as standard optic extras fit the BNVD plus replacement parts are everywhere if needed. Overall the housing exceeds my expectations it's nice to open a box and find something nicer than you expected:)
The weight of the BNVD isn't a oz or two more than the ANVIS-9's so when in the dropped view position they feel very solid and well balanced like the 9's. However when flipped up the BNVD/AKA2 or Wilocox G11 mount feels alittle out of balance where the ANVIS-9/mount places the goggle much closer and low profile to the helmet which in returns makes a better balanced/feeling helmet in the up position.I read you can get a ANVIS adapter for the BNVD if thats true I bet that would give you the best of both worlds.
Performance wise the optics are PVS-14 so with the P+ 72lp clean spot/spec pinnacle tubes in my BNVD the image clarity is great even in very dark conditions. I have to say these two pinnacle tubes are some of the best I have ever owned performance and image quality are amazing.
Two features which I'm really using more than I thought I would are one the pivoting arms and second the on board IR Illum. First on the pivoting arms I have used the BNVD as a single mono a couple of times when I felt I needed one eye to normal vision or for running my PS32 while BNVD is in use same time. The pivoting arms also make the BNVD great hand held for use as a bino with 1X lens or 3X afocals in place. I find once I get to a sitting spot I remove the BNVD's from my helmet and use them hand held alot of times.Next the on board IR is focusable and very strong it easy shines out there 50+ yards. I have taken the extra short range IR Illum of my helmet its not needed anymore.
The only bad I have encountered was using my Ops-Core base jump helmets many of my helmet mounts INVG,Wilcox G11,Rhino didn't place the BNVD's perfect to my eyes so I had to get a AKA2 dovetail style mount its perfect now.
Overall I do really like these BNVD's they are my go to system right now as they do everything well from single eye,dual eye,helmet mounted,and hand held.They are truely kind of the PVS-14 of dual binos very flexible system.

BNVD2.jpg

BNVD3.jpg

BNVD1.jpg

Re: BVND

I can't say for sure never owned the PVS-15 that said I was going to buy a PVS-15 or BNVD both systems look great to me on paper. A couple of NV dealers I spoke with said the PVS-15 were alittle heavier than the BNVD's, replacement parts/accessories where more expensive and harder to find with the pvs-15.They also pointed on the way the BNVD system arm pivots and the stronger built in IR Illum. Still they really liked the PVS-15 also so for me it was a toss up on which of the two systems to buy. I went with the BNVD mainly for a few of the features it offered, but I'm sure the PVS-15 is very nice also.I plan on buying another Dual Bino this coming year and the PVS-15 and new BNVS are the ones in the running. I am also researching buying a more expensive Helmet maybe the Ops-core Carbon fiber or Team Wendy Helmet. I have read that alot of guys running Dual Bino systems like the ballistic helmets better overall but I'm not sure how much if any I would gain over my Ops-core base Jump which is EOG counter weighted.